IGNORED

Dolman PA (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Well I really wanted to come on here and give praise but if anything the club has done the seemingly impossible and made the sound worse for me in the Dolman. It was a lower volume but so muffled. Had to try and hear words and fill in the gaps, really disappointing not to be able to hear the subs never mind the LJ interviews.

@Mkelly is there any chance why we have these ongoing problems information like this could be put on the screens. Also messages for people to contact the nearest steward, serious traffic news etc. 

Listening to all these recordings is all well and good, but they will be listening to them in a quiet room with no one speaking.

You've got thousands of people milling around and the majority talking....it's in complete competition to anything being put out over the tannoy.

Has anyone done any market research with the fans, as to actually what the paying customer wants?

Do they want the music...do they want the needless chitter chatter about birthdays and so on? It's mindless clap trap...numbing, and if anything, stops any natural atmosphere being created. Team selection read out....that's all that's needed....why do the Club feel we need to be battered with it all? It doesn't enhance the match day experience....it detracts from it.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Listening to all these recordings is all well and good, but they will be listening to them in a quiet room with no one speaking.

You've got thousands of people milling around and the majority talking....it's in complete competition to anything being put out over the tannoy.

Has anyone done any market research with the fans, as to actually what the paying customer wants?

Do they want the music...do they want the needless chitter chatter about birthdays and so on? It's mindless clap trap...numbing, and if anything, stops any natural atmosphere being created. Team selection read out....that's all that's needed....why do the Club feel we need to be battered with it all? It doesn't enhance the match day experience....it detracts from it.

I'm all for birthday shout outs, especially for kids but don't like the high volume music one bit.

There's been a deliberate socially engineered attempt to quell authentic atmosphere at football, I believe.  

Football has become a consumerist event rather than a participatory one as far as I can see.  It's all very deliberate.

8 hours ago, Xiled said:

It's not the same issue but what has happened to the music this season? Not the choice of tracks but whoever is playing it in and out. The pre-match arrangement was a total mess tonight. PA issues aside we seem to have gone back so badly with this - maybe it's just more complex now with screens, interviews etc. And why announce the teams (for the second time) over the top of a song?

True. They say "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Having done away with the services of Tim S, the dj-ing is really quite amateur now compared to how slick it use to be in previous years. I'm no critic of Bristol Sport, but not the smartest move to change your personnel and end up with a hugely inferior end product.

Bring back Tim!

5 hours ago, City Rocker said:

True. They say "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Having done away with the services of Tim S, the dj-ing is really quite amateur now compared to how slick it use to be in previous years. I'm no critic of Bristol Sport, but not the smartest move to change your personnel and end up with a hugely inferior end product.

Bring back Tim!

Totally agree with you.  @Mkelly I think asking @Tim S back* would be a definite improvement.

* Legal Disclaimer: Tim and I have never met, we're not related and I've no vested personal interest in bringing him back to Ashton Gate!  But of the home matches that I've attended this season, we are absolutely crying out for someone to take charge of the pre-match music and announcements again.  It's not an easy job, it's probably entirely thankless but I think Tim did an excellent job.

6 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Largely inaudible in E31 last night (particularly screen interviews).  Beginning to feel a little short-changed.  This has gone on for years, after all...

It's a complete fiasco that has been so ever since the revamp was was completed around 18/12 ago and it's only recently that MKelly has begun to take the issue seriously and that's completely unacceptable in my view. He's been quite aware of the problem the entire time but has done to try and resolve it  until now.

Surely it's not rocket science to install some clarity to the sound quality? 

I'd really laugh if it was a simple equaliser fault..................:rofl2br:

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's a complete fiasco that has been so ever since the revamp was was completed around 18/12 ago and it's only recently that MKelly has begun to take the issue seriously and that's completely unacceptable in my view. He's been quite aware of the problem the entire time but has done to try and resolve it  until now.

The problem feels worse over the last 2/12 (this season) would you agree?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Just wanted to point out I only like this for 18/12

So that's a big 10-4 rubber duck!

18 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Robbo 

Where do you sit? Can you pm me and I will join you with a technician on the next game.  We are getting mixed feedback in different areas so are trying to rectify if it's sound from the PA or clarity of speaker.

I am at the back of S23 and cannot make a word that is said .

Archived