IGNORED

Leko

Super

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Also, for his 'type' of player, he's got good vision and spots the runs of teammates very well. Think he'll link up very well with Reid.

I wrote exactly this after a few minutes of seeing him at Reading last week, glad someone else sees his him and Bobby working well together.

Last week his touches looked excellent but I thought he would be the sort of player biding his time and looking for the ball to come to him. Nothing wrong with that, using your energy to make the runs that were in and not chasing lost causes, so today I was quite surprised and delighted to see him wanting to be so involved and looking for the ball. He's very exciting, and that's a high compliment as we were so spoilt with Tammy. 

We've got such a high energy team now who are working exceptionally hard and days like today are a joy to watch.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

To think we barely passed the ball to him for first twenty mins 

Looked to be getting frustrated early on as Wright failed to pick a pass to him on a number of occasions.

Based on his early performances for us I think that, along with Tammy, we will look back at Leko in 10 years time and talk about the time he played for our club...

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Looked to be getting frustrated early on as Wright failed to pick a pass to him on a number of occasions.

Based on his early performances for us I think that, along with Tammy, we will look back at Leko in 10 years time and talk about the time he played for our club...

Will be different with Pisano behind him because Wright is a centre half .PISA PISA PISANO  will play him in a plenty :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's got feet quicker than Michael Flatley.  

(human . the killers) ....

Is he human?

or is he a dancer?

Jonathan Leko

The Special One!  

(Jonathan Leko definitely the best thing Pulis has ever done for City! - better late than ever though eh?)

(mud tiger feet) .....

That's right, that's right, that's right that's right

We really love those Leko feet,

They're neat, those feet, those Leko feet

We really love those Leko feet...

...those Leko feet!

Albion fan here.

I see he had an excellent game yesterday and you like him. I posted on here earlier in the week to say how pleased we were that he was with you on loan.

To answer a couple of questions;

He has played in our first team a handful of times over the past few seasons, and we know that he is a real talent. However, he is young and just needs to get game experience and 'bulk up' really. Last season we were crying out for him to go on loan, but we were running with such a thin squad we needed him. This year we have several players out on loan, so someone somewhere has been listening.

When he did play, he was one to watch and could get round the back with ease. If I had a criticism of him, he didn't release the ball early enough and occasionally tried to beat too many players.

He isn't in the current WBA squad because we have Matty Phillips, Chris Brunt, James McLean, Jay Rodrigues and we have just bought Ollie Burke. WBA supporters have mixed views about some of those but they are ahead of Jonathan at the moment. He is not fully ready for the Premiership...... just yet, but I hope he has a really good season with you and helps you to a good finish. If you go onto our websites, you will see that we are all watching with interest..........

We had a young gangly Lukaku with us a few seasons ago, and he didn't turn out too bad. Imagine what Leko could be like in a couple of years time ? He will be too good for us!!!!

8 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I just watched the highlights and replayed his tricks as he was brought down for the pen about 20 times. Can't stop watching it. The dejected look on Keogh's face is amazing... "B*gger, I've been done." 

It was phenomenal. You could tell he was looking for it, Keogh bit and the way he reacts afterwards is priceless.

12 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

(human . the killers) ....

Is he human?

or is he a dancer?

Jonathan Leko

The Special One!  

(Jonathan Leko definitely the best thing Pulis has ever done for City! - better late than ever though eh?)

(mud tiger feet) .....

That's right, that's right, that's right that's right

We really love those Leko feet,

They're neat, those feet, those Leko feet

We really love those Leko feet...

...those Leko feet!

Not too much on last night mate?! 

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good point - don't think it's been mentioned anywhere whether there is a recall clause , or a fee involved etc 

:blink:

As far as I am aware there is no recall option now when a player is loaned out and he can only return to his parent club at the end of the period. It`s nothing to do with what`s in the agreement, them`s the EFL rules. If he went back to Baggies and they played him they would effectively be playing an unregistered player as we hold his registration until the loan period expires.

24 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just realised how good this is gonna make us look again, Leko was obviously more well known than Tammy, but if he has a great season, gets a lot of game time, we can keep on picking up top class youngsters from the big clubs.

We're bigger than WBA

:robbored:

Archived