IGNORED

Leko

Super

17 hours ago, Super said:

Wow how good is this lad! For me tough choice but thought he was MOM. Had that full back beat every time and did fantastic for the first 2 goals. Great to watch.

Confident on the ball, excellent technical skills, scares the shit out of the opposition... damn he's going to be good for us this season.

17 hours ago, samo II said:

Is he available against Stoke, or cup-tied like Woodrow?

A colleague is a season ticket holder at St James' and said if we have any pace, Stoke have no answer to it; hoping Leko is eligible for us!

LJ said post match that Eliasson will start and I'd have thought Pato gets the other spot hoping Leko is available though.

Fantastic player. Just breezes past people and he seems to link up well with Reid already. Although the guy next to me was slating LJ for puting Leko on the right because apparently 'Leko is a centre forward not a winger. He's never played out wide. And square peg, round hole etc' 

16 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Fantastic player. Just breezes past people and he seems to link up well with Reid already. Although the guy next to me was slating LJ for puting Leko on the right because apparently 'Leko is a centre forward not a winger. He's never played out wide. And square peg, round hole etc' 

Expect you know this already, but that guy needs to brush up his knowledge.

Leko specifically talks about having played wide and (I believe) said his favoured position was LW.

42 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not disputing that, but we would have been in a position to negotiate the fee down a bit.

Honestly, we have nothing to fear. Pulis wouldnt call him back if he could.. the bloke hates flair. If on the other hand Leko had the longest throw in league football.. we probably wouldn't have him now

On 16 September 2017 at 18:51, samo II said:

Is he available against Stoke, or cup-tied like Woodrow?

A colleague is a season ticket holder at St James' and said if we have any pace, Stoke have no answer to it; hoping Leko is eligible for us!

Cup-tied. Came off the bench for them against Accrington. 

Shame!:clapping:

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We'll just have to play Eliasson against you instead :cool:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not going to pretend I know anything about your team. That's not being disrespectful to BC by the way, it's just that my footballing knowledge of anything outside of Stoke City is pretty shocking. But as Manuel from Fawlty Towers would say, "I learn." 

3 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not going to pretend I know anything about your team. That's not being disrespectful to BC by the way, it's just that my footballing knowledge of anything outside of Stoke City is pretty shocking. But as Manuel from Fawlty Towers would say, "I learn." 

Probably not as skillful one on one as Leko, but definitely quicker, if you have a problem with pace you have a problem with this one.

3 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Tbf I doubt anyone outside of our club knows about him!

Signed him from Sweden in the summer after he was names in their first divisions team of the season, looks like an exciting prospect, quick with a good delivery on him but hasn't been getting much game time due to his defensive game being poor (according to LJ anyway...)

Getting a game against you on Tuesday apparently so will be interesting to see him play

14 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Probably not as skillful one on one as Leko, but definitely quicker, if you have a problem with pace you have a problem with this one.

I'm not sure we really have a problem with pace. Dealing with crosses seems to be the major problem, usually from corners. It's been a consistent issue since Hughes took over. Thought we'd sorted it as we now have three decent big units in the centre. They've made us more solid in open play, but our use of zonal marking seems to be making us a bit too easy to pick off from set-pieces.

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tbf I doubt anyone outside of our club knows about him!

Signed him from Sweden in the summer after he was names in their first divisions team of the season, looks like an exciting prospect, quick with a good delivery on him but hasn't been getting much game time due to his defensive game being poor (according to LJ anyway...)

Getting a game against you on Tuesday apparently so will be interesting to see him play

It's a shame that so many exciting players are probably falling by the wayside because of the modern day need for wingers in particular to track back. I blame Pulis. :gaah:

Archived