IGNORED

Flint, Bryan..

AppyDAZE

43 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If you watch City as a unit and don't ballwatch, you see how fantastic a player he is. If he ever leaves (god forbid) then those who don't rate him will see what he does for us as a team/

Like Cisse, a lot only notice him really when he`s not playing and wonder why we`re not performing as normal.

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

Have rated him for a long time and glad to see he's improved over the last year. He's in a similar situation to Skuse in that some rate him and others don't know what he does, but when they leave the fans beg for a player like him. 

I don't think we missed skuse at all when he left. An awful player. 

Pack gets better all the time and is in a whole different class to skuse and I would argue is a completely different player. 

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:26, ZiderEyed said:

Does it excite anyone else how many Bristolians we have in and around the team? Lloyd Kelly is from Bristol as far as I know, Bobby and Joe both are, I think its great.

There has for a long time been a procession of threads on OTIB which denigrate the performance of Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid, and the performance of Bristol City's academy.

Its pleasing to see that those threads were, and are a nonsense.

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Pack had a superb game yesterday. While Korey carries the ball forward more, Marlon is the guy whose long passes unpick their midfield and take the ball into the final third.

Just a shame he didn't take his best chance when he was through on goal quicker. He showed no such hesitation when he was in worse shooting positions!

Very similar to Leeds at home last season when he scored. No idea why he didn't shoot on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Bryan and Reid. Anybody still want to scrap the academy?

At this rate, Bryan and Reid will earn us a tidy sum in 9 months time.

As for Pack, recently described to me as a poor man's Tom Huddlestone. Which he is, i.e. excellent technique and football "brain" but just not mobile enough.

City will make big strides once he is replaced by someone with his intelligence and skills who can actually get around the pitch at speed. For now though, while we try to consolidate as a mid table team, I'm sure he has a part to play. 

Plus he seems a good bloke (even if he made sure his boy wasn't born in Bristol - don't start!!)   

Archived