IGNORED

BBC Radio Derby

slartibartfast

This is what we want ! Listening to their after match phone-in. Presenters not afraid to rip into their team. Naming names.....no fear of having to be nicey-nicey , don't upset the cash cow ! So and so appalling, total rubbish etc.             Loved the snatch of goal commentary " .........................FD has time to have a fag, strolls into the area....4-1 "  Thats what should be said on RB if we don't perform ,not "unlucky City"

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

This is what we want ! Listening to their after match phone-in. Presenters not afraid to rip into their team. Naming names.....no fear of having to be nicey-nicey , don't upset the cash cow ! So and so appalling, total rubbish etc.             Loved the snatch of goal commentary " .........................FD has time to have a fag, strolls into the area....4-1 "  Thats what should be said on RB if we don't perform ,not "unlucky City"

Thanks 

I must be half a fan as well then........:facepalm:

Radio Bristol ( or Radio Senior Citizens) commentary provides exactly what I want when listening to away matches. I can pick up the flow of the game and quite enjoy it.

But..........I'd prefer a co-commentator who isn't employed by the club. Maybe a former player or manager who understands the different formations and why a change is or should be made.

Unfortunately AdamB is neither and his hands are tied by his employers. He can't be critical in any way or he'll be facing a disciplinary.............. 

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Radio Bristol ( or Radio Senior Citizens) commentary provides exactly what I want when listening to away matches. I can pick up the flow of the game and quite enjoy it.

But..........I'd prefer a co-commentator who isn't employed by the club. Maybe a former player or manager who understands the different formations and why a change is or should be made.

Unfortunately AdamB is neither and his hands are tied by his employers. He can't be critical in any way or he'll be facing a disciplinary.............. 

Gary Owers was good but I don`t suppose he`ll be on again now he`s at Torquay.

Could get Lee Tomlin in after Cardiff sack him on Monday I suppose..........:yawn:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm inclined to agree with the co-commentator bit - a lad like Vyner isn't going to dare say anything Critical or controversial. Surely there are enough ex pros out there to be used.

Of course finding one who is any good is the tricky bit - the Beeb as a whole probably only has 1 or 2 nationally who are worth listening to......

Think they had Gary Owers once and he was excellent. Someone similar would be great.

Really enjoyed listening to Gary O'Neil on RB the other night. Did a good job of explaining tactics and critiqued well enough. Also wasn't afraid to correct the main commentator. Having someone with that kind of knowledge/playing experience made a big difference. Although Adam B does an ok job, he's much too marketing minded for radio commentary.

4 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Really enjoyed listening to Gary O'Neil on RB the other night. Did a good job of explaining tactics and critiqued well enough. Also wasn't afraid to correct the main commentator. Having someone with that kind of knowledge/playing experience made a big difference. Although Adam B does an ok job, he's much too marketing minded for radio commentary.

He did keep calling us Bristol though..................:whistle:

15 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Does mine too. Same people every week, does my swede in. You just know following on from Mark, Ian is next.. every.single.week.

It's that Yeovil fan that does our car loads heads in......never goes to a game but rings up..." Oiright Geoff, nooo, I wuzznt thar, but, but, Yeovil Town arr a disgraze Geoff....". Then you get their Manager Darren "monotone" Way on....jeeeeeezzzzz.

14 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

He was excellent I thought. Very insightful imput to the commentary which unfortunately AdamB doesn't have but from the clubs perspective he's a safe pair of hands. 

54 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

His court case is tomorrow in Leicester and every chance he could get time according to those that know about these things.

Nothing will happen tomorrow to Tomlin. If he's up for GBH the case will need to be sentenced (or tried) at Leicester Crown Court in a few weeks/months time.

3 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Nothing will happen tomorrow to Tomlin. If he's up for GBH the case will need to be sentenced (or tried) at Leicester Crown Court in a few weeks/months time.

Never quite sure how these things work TBH. It will be interesting to see what Cardiff`s reaction is though. My view is he`ll be sacked if he goes down and quietly paid off if he`s found guilty but stays out of nick.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Never quite sure how these things work TBH. It will be interesting to see what Cardiff`s reaction is though. My view is he`ll be sacked if he goes down and quietly paid off if he`s found guilty but stays out of nick.

You've made the mistake of thinking Cardiff are principled enough to throw away a potential transfer fee. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Gary Owers was excellent on RB last season

Archived