IGNORED

Sports bar queuing system ?

lgbbcf

Does this work? 

I think it does although i have heard a lot of people complain about it. 

Personally IMO people can walk in, move fast through the line and get served promptly, instead of fighting through people that are stood at the bar watching the tv. 

but i do think there should be more of the tall thin tables for fans to perch at with drinks etc. not so sure there is a need for seating in there. 

3 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

Does this work? 

I think it does although i have heard a lot of people complain about it. 

Personally IMO people can walk in, move fast through the line and get served promptly, instead of fighting through people that are stood at the bar watching the tv. 

but i do think there should be more of the tall thin tables for fans to perch at with drinks etc. not so sure there is a need for seating in there. 

Seems to work ok. The queue looks huge when you join it, but it moves along pretty quickly. 

• Admin

Initial thought was it looked huge, but like above it moved much quicker, all in all I thought it worked very well and agree it stops the problems of when there are large numbers of people stood watching the giant TV.

Still amazes me how empty the Lansdown club section is upstairs, couldn't have been more than 15 people up there, seems such a waste of decent space

That mezzanine floor is an absolute farce. Yesterday it had just 8 people up there before and after the rugby. If the Lansdown Club feel the need to be so separate from the normal punters, surely a space more suitable can be found?

The 'break-out' space that has appeared this year (through the far doors of the sports bar and out into the concourse) makes great sense at the end of a match, but a couple of projectors are needed to pop the results/ live matches on....

21 hours ago, mickeygeeee said:

That mezzanine floor is an absolute farce. Yesterday it had just 8 people up there before and after the rugby. If the Lansdown Club feel the need to be so separate from the normal punters, surely a space more suitable can be found?

The 'break-out' space that has appeared this year (through the far doors of the sports bar and out into the concourse) makes great sense at the end of a match, but a couple of projectors are needed to pop the results/ live matches on....

its no longer for the landowne club, it is part of the pizza dough ballers, you can easily use it and buy drinks from their bar in there. 

• Admin
25 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

its no longer for the landowne club, it is part of the pizza dough ballers, you can easily use it and buy drinks from their bar in there. 

@lgbbcf I'm wondering if we are talking about the same area?

We were on about the section upstairs in the bar area - it still has the Lansdown Club graphic on the doors to the area, when I queieid it with a member of staff on Saturday he still referred to it as part of the Lansdown club.

Is the Pizza dough ballers the kitchen downstairs? Just wondering how they get the food up to you upstairs?

16 minutes ago, mickeygeeee said:

Pretty sure the top deck ( mezzanine ) is reserved for the huge number of Lansdown Club members.... the partitioned section down stairs behind the barriers is now part of the pizza affair. I'm guessing that if you buy drinks at the separate bar inside you can use the tables?

Wouldn't they be with the rest of the corporate guests in the Heineken lounge/box/chairmans guests etc

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@lgbbcf I'm wondering if we are talking about the same area?

We were on about the section upstairs in the bar area - it still has the Lansdown Club graphic on the doors to the area, when I queieid it with a member of staff on Saturday he still referred to it as part of the Lansdown club.

Is the Pizza dough ballers the kitchen downstairs? Just wondering how they get the food up to you upstairs?

HI yes the same place, the Mezz

the pizza dough ballers have the back part of the sports bar by the kitchen where they are seated and the part up stairs, they carry the pizzas up when they are ordered, and they have a small mini bar area up there for drinks. I will check at the game tonight but i am sure that is the case. 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

HI yes the same place, the Mezz

the pizza dough ballers have the back part of the sports bar by the kitchen where they are seated and the part up stairs, they carry the pizzas up when they are ordered, and they have a small mini bar area up there for drinks. I will check at the game tonight but i am sure that is the case. 

Thank you - honestly didn't know that, may be worth a little purchase

17 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

On a separate note, the Sports Bar doesn't seem anywhere near as busy pre-game this season.  Anyone venture  an idea as to why?

..because people can still drink outside in the is weather and  the bars are set up, i bet this changes soon when the weather changes. 

18 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

On a separate note, the Sports Bar doesn't seem anywhere near as busy pre-game this season.  Anyone venture  an idea as to why?

Personally I can't be arsed. It always looks like it will take ages to get served, I hate the whole mezz floor area for the "elite" when  there is 10 people in an area that can house 50.

I hate the lack of place to put your drink down and the general sweaty cattle market feel of standing there holding your drink in a huddled, jostled group.

Basically the most poorly designed sports bar in the south west - a glorious chance missed for me !!

Archived