IGNORED

Evo Stik South West

Leveller

I see Taunton Town and Bristol Manor Farm are already pulling away, each with 16 from 18 points - BMF top on goal difference.

Looks like an interesting tussle ahead.

I admit I don't go to the games but I do follow Taunton's results out of interest. I know some of you have mentioned watching BMF.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I see Taunton Town and Bristol Manor Farm are already pulling away, each with 16 from 18 points - BMF top on goal difference.

Looks like an interesting tussle ahead.

I admit I don't go to the games but I do follow Taunton's results out of interest. I know some of you have mentioned watching BMF.

BFM hammered Mangoes on Saturday which puts the gas even further down the scale than I thought :)

I watched quite a lot of games in that league last year ( Bridgwater Town).  It was difficult for me to judge how good teams were though, as BW Town were such a poor side and got beaten easily most weeks. 

I found that some teams try and get it down and play, whilst others seemed to still look to play long with a big man ( or two! ) up front. Hereford were far and away the best footballing side, but seem to be finding it tougher in the league above this year. 

BMF have had a great start as you say and I must admit to being surprised how well they are doing,   i imagine Taunton and Salisbury will be the main threat to them if they can keep going how they are.

Tiverton went up last year and are now top of the league above, just goes to show what clubs can do when they are on a roll.

Theoretically BMF could be a division above Rovers in 2020-21.

Semi regular watcher of BMF, but had to miss the derby vs Mangotsfield (I gather it wasn't quite the thrashing that the 3-1 suggests).

I knew BMF were after back to back promotions, but surpised at quite how strong a start they have had.

Around 2003-4 City were playing Rushden and Diamonds in a league match, now BMF are at the same level as R&D (albeit South West rather than South East).

Go to BMF regularly, good afternoon out with some great people

They're performing very well at the top of the league, play along the ground and they have some top quality players all financed by geoff sellek who has done an awful lot for the club. 

Only 4 quid with a city st as well so no reason not to come when city are away! 

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Go to BMF regularly, good afternoon out with some great people

They're performing very well at the top of the league, play along the ground and they have some top quality players all financed by geoff sellek who has done an awful lot for the club. 

Only 4 quid with a city st as well so no reason not to come when city are away! 

Just adding its £3 off (I think) if you get the train to Sea Mills, or get the Park and Ride to the game.

Don't think you can use them and a ST to get in for a quid.

Really entertaining football "you score 3, we'll score 4" mentality

30 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I watched quite a lot of games in that league last year ( Bridgwater Town).  It was difficult for me to judge how good teams were though, as BW Town were such a poor side and got beaten easily most weeks. 

I found that some teams try and get it down and play, whilst others seemed to still look to play long with a big man ( or two! ) up front. Hereford were far and away the best footballing side, but seem to be finding it tougher in the league above this year. 

BMF have had a great start as you say and I must admit to being surprised how well they are doing,   i imagine Taunton and Salisbury will be the main threat to them if they can keep going how they are.

Tiverton went up last year and are now top of the league above, just goes to show what clubs can do when they are on a roll.

BT money issues. Couldn't find anyone to replace manager properly. Nice little club down there though 

On 9/19/2017 at 00:33, JamesBCFC said:

Theoretically BMF could be a division above Rovers in 2020-21

I knew BMF were after back to back promotions, but surpised at quite how strong a start they have had.

Around 2003-4 City were playing Rushden and Diamonds in a league match, now BMF are at the same level as R&D (albeit South West rather than South East).

If BMF go up this season they are in the division below Conference South?

Here is a thought. If another Bristol team should become a league side in our life time and go on to be consistently above the Gas do they become the new team to loathe by all the hater types? 

52 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If BMF go up this season they are in the division below Conference South?

Here is a thought. If another Bristol team should become a league side in our life time and go on to be consistently above the Gas do they become the new team to loathe by all the hater types? 

I would imagine it to be a bit like how we look a Yeovil rather than the gas.

23 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would imagine it to be a bit like how we look a Yeovil rather than the gas.

Or FGR. If Manor Farm were to achieve success like they have I think most City fans would support them in it and wish them well. 

There`s just too much history with NLBR to stop people wanting them to fail spectacularly no matter what league they were in. They`ll never stop being the gift to me.

8 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Are they one league off the NLS?

They’re in Southern League South & West - there is Southern Premier League above before NLS. Level 8 in pyramid 

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

Taunton beat Steve Claridge’s Salisbury 4-1 yesterday. That puts them 10 points clear at the top. If Salisbury had won, they could have gone second. By losing, they drop to seventh (nearly all the teams in the playoffs are on 33 points).

League is awful this year compared to last!

Manor Farm lost 2-3 to Totton yesterday.

Totton are a really well organised side and will definitely be around the playoffs at the end of the season.

They were very rattled when Farm reduced their lead from 3 goals down to 1, and at that point Farm were most likely to score but Totton deserved the win overall.

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Manor Farm lost 2-3 to Totton yesterday.

Totton are a really well organised side and will definitely be around the playoffs at the end of the season.

They were very rattled when Farm reduced their lead from 3 goals down to 1, and at that point Farm were most likely to score but Totton deserved the win overall.

Is there a play-offs this season?

Edit: probably sounds stupid without context! I know only 1 team is going down instead of 4 to create a new league; wondered if more were promoted automatically to even it out too.

Archived