IGNORED

Evo Stik South West

Leveller

20 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Is there a play-offs this season?

Edit: probably sounds stupid without context! I know only 1 team is going down instead of 4 to create a new league; wondered if more were promoted automatically to even it out too.

Theres usually a playoffs, I know it's definitely 2 autos this season, pretty sure playoff spots too.

Was told by Manor Farms management they were going for promotion this season because of the extra auto spot.

49 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Theres usually a playoffs, I know it's definitely 2 autos this season, pretty sure playoff spots too.

Was told by Manor Farms management they were going for promotion this season because of the extra auto spot.

Ah I see. My understanding is this level next year will be pretty shit... Level above will take most good players, level below will be really bad...

Be nice if BMF can go up

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

The league table shows two automatics, four playoffs and one relegation place, so three up one down.

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So to decipher all of this and in answer to my question...

If BMF go up they will be in the same league as Hereford unless they go up again which will take them into the Conference South? And then BMF will then be two divisions above Clevedon who are in the Evo Stiks with the Mangos. ?

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Clevedon in the tools stations ?

Yeah, Clevedon are Toolstation West.

If BMF get promoted they go in to the Evo-Stik Southern League, with Hereford as you say @havanatopia, and if they go up again they'll be in the Conference South. 

20 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

The ignorance of non league football shown here is unbelievable.  Clevedon in the Evo Stiks, for example.  And if Manor Farm are only five promotions below the Gas, then they are only six promotions below BCFC.  Seriously, non league football at a certain level .... maybe Conference South .... is akin to Div 4 when I was a kid.  I wouldn't swop a ticket for the Man U game for a top local non league match.  Welton v Radstock?  Melksham v Bradford? Both games ... and many more .... win hands down.  And no exploitation :laugh:.

I know you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder about modern football but you don't need to be a dick.

Most of the time I agree with you too, but Bristol City fans support Bristol City, and don't really care about the rest of the footballing world beneath them below League 2 and the Conference. Why would they need to? 

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I know you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder about modern football but you don't need to be a dick.

Most of the time I agree with you too, but Bristol City fans support Bristol City, and don't really care about the rest of the footballing world beneath them below League 2 and the Conference. Why would they need to? 

'Bristol City fans only support Bristol City and don't really care about the rest of the footballing world' really? Even in the narrow minded confines of this forum there's plenty of general footballing discussion. 

Why are you even reading/posting in a thread about non-league football if you believe what you posted above?

4 hours ago, oldrosie said:

The ignorance of non league football shown here is unbelievable.  Clevedon in the Evo Stiks, for example.  And if Manor Farm are only five promotions below the Gas, then they are only six promotions below BCFC.  Seriously, non league football at a certain level .... maybe Conference South .... is akin to Div 4 when I was a kid.  I wouldn't swop a ticket for the Man U game for a top local non league match.  Welton v Radstock?  Melksham v Bradford? Both games ... and many more .... win hands down.  And no exploitation :laugh:.

I’m following Tauntons progress with interest. However, when I’ve actually seen games ( admittedly only a couple, last season, ) the standard was appalling. A bit like a school match, with no passing moves to speak of, but a lot of uncontrolled rush and thump. That may be untypical, but it didn’t encourage me to go back this season yet.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’m following Tauntons progress with interest. However, when I’ve actually seen games ( admittedly only a couple, last season, ) the standard was appalling. A bit like a school match, with no passing moves to speak of, but a lot of uncontrolled rush and thump. That may be untypical, but it didn’t encourage me to go back this season yet.

Totton played some lovely stuff against BMF, but Oldrosie generally looks for any excuse to slate City/league football, so I'd take anything they say with an oceans worth of salt.

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Totton played some lovely stuff against BMF, but Oldrosie generally looks for any excuse to slate City/league football, so I'd take anything they say with an oceans worth of salt.

Cribbs impressed me recently, and BMF play a really entertaining style of football. Would recommend it to anyone at a loose end on the international break.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Cribbs impressed me recently, and BMF play a really entertaining style of football. Would recommend it to anyone at a loose end on the international break.

Yeah, BMF have stuck with their "score as many as you want, we'll score more" tactics from the last few seasons. Most of their games are incredibly open.

And for anyone who saw them over the last 2-3 seasons you can tell the difference in quality of their opposition too.

8 hours ago, oldrosie said:

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Took the words right of.. and I would add to the sloppy first sentence of oldrosie.. whenever I want to look at the lower leagues i want to be able to find the tables in a couple of clicks and fully understand the pyramid and not have to trawl through several sites and pages. Even many of the non league clubs do not show their league table for example. Its useless.

In short, if the information is there, readily available and, most importantly, easily found and comparable to the table above and below then the entire nation would be far more knowledgeable as well as interested in non league. It isn't, so they are aren't. 

Manor Farm lost at Mangotsfield today ... and with their home crowds averaging 180 their potential is surely limited?  The best season in their history and that is all they can muster.  The club are clearly being bank rolled (interesting rumour :laugh:).  Meanwhile out in the wilds of West Wiltshire, Melksham progress to the last 16 of the Vase in front of a crowd triple that at Cossham Street.  Just £4 to get in, cheap drinks a thoroughly pleasant experience .... 

Sadly my beloved Shortwood United who currently lye fourth bottom of this league have had to take the brave decision to resign from the league at the end of the season.  118 yrs of history must be protected and the fa have been contacted for guidance as to what league they will be playing in next year.

All of this just 5 yrs after playing Port Vale live on BT in the face cup.

23 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Sadly my beloved Shortwood United who currently lye fourth bottom of this league have had to take the brave decision to resign from the league at the end of the season.  118 yrs of history must be protected and the fa have been contacted for guidance as to what league they will be playing in next year.

All of this just 5 yrs after playing Port Vale live on BT in the face cup.

Is that a financial reason?

With seven games to go, Taunton are ALREADY promoted. P35 W25 D9 L1. Well done Town. In the table below, those teams with an asterisk against their name  may be affected by the changes to promotion rules this season

League Table

P W D L F A +/- Pts
P Taunton Town 35 25 9 1 85 37 +48 84
2 Salisbury 34 21 7 6 93 41 +52 70
3 Bristol Manor Farm * 35 18 8 9 73 50 +23 62
4 Swindon Supermarine * 36 18 8 10 71 49 +22 62
5 Evesham United * 36 18 7 11 61 51 +10 61
6 Wimborne Town * 35 18 6 11 82 51 +31 60
7 Didcot Town * 36 17 9 10 75 59 +16 60

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is that a financial reason?

Yes mate.

Made a decision last summer to stop paying silly money at players who really dont care to much about the club and try and keep it to local younger  players which is why they are struggling a bit.

Now the major sponsor of the club who has been brilliant for many years is stepping down at the end of the season so it was time to act for the future of the club.

1 minute ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Yes mate.

Made a decision last summer to stop paying silly money at players who really dont care to much about the club and try and keep it to local younger  players which is why they are struggling a bit.

Now the major sponsor of the club who has been brilliant for many years is stepping down at the end of the season so it was time to act for the future of the club.

Ta, not surprised.  I really struggle to understand how some of these teams survive, it’s boom firva couple of seasons, then bust.  Shame.  Was the FA Cup "glory" worth it?  Or has it destroyed a bit if what made Shortwood what it was?

10 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Yes mate.

Have they been affected by the relative success of FGR nearby?

Step 4 Promotion - 2017/2018

19 teams will be promoted from Step 4 this season. The relevant section from the FA regulations is below:

Nineteen Clubs will be promoted from Step 4 comprising of the twelve Clubs finishing in 1st and 2nd position in each division, together with the highest ranked 3rd place Club on the basis of points per game during the Playing Season plus six further Clubs determined by a series of Play Off Matches.

Below you can therefore see the 24 Step 4 teams who are in the play-off places, ranked by "points per game"

As things stand, Scarborough Athletic will be promoted automatically, with Tadcaster Albion taking part in the play-offs instead

P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Scarborough Athletic 34 67.6% 11.8% 20.6% 2.41 1.09 +1.32 2.15
2 Beaconsfield Town 34 64.7% 14.7% 20.6% 2.06 1.18 +0.88 2.09
3 Greenwich Borough 40 60.0% 25.0% 15.0% 2.27 0.93 +1.35 2.05
4 Corinthian-Casuals 40 62.5% 15.0% 22.5% 1.90 0.95 +0.95 2.02
5 Hartley Wintney 35 62.9% 11.4% 25.7% 2.37 1.26 +1.11 2.00
6 Cray Wanderers 41 56.1% 29.3% 14.6% 2.34 0.95 +1.39 1.98
7 AFC Dunstable 35 57.1% 22.9% 20.0% 1.97 0.83 +1.14 1.94
8 Cambridge City 33 60.6% 12.1% 27.3% 2.58 1.33 +1.24 1.94
9 Walton Casuals 40 55.0% 25.0% 20.0% 2.15 1.15 +1.00 1.90
10 Potters Bar Town 40 60.0% 17.5% 22.5% 1.85 1.02 +0.83 1.90
11 Bamber Bridge 35 51.4% 34.3% 14.3% 2.03 1.17 +0.86 1.89
12 Prescot Cables 35 57.1% 14.3% 28.6% 2.03 1.29 +0.74 1.86
13 Bedworth United 36 55.6% 16.7% 27.8% 1.75 1.33 +0.42 1.83
14 Frickley Athletic 34 58.8% 14.7% 26.5% 2.65 1.59 +1.06 1.82
15 Canvey Island 39 53.8% 17.9% 28.2% 2.31 1.33 +0.97 1.79
16 Bristol Manor Farm 35 51.4% 22.9% 25.7% 2.09 1.43 +0.66 1.77
17 Haringey Borough 39 51.3% 20.5% 28.2% 1.79 1.15 +0.64 1.74
18 Heybridge Swifts 36 50.0% 22.2% 27.8% 2.33 1.31 +1.03 1.72
19 Stamford 36 47.2% 30.6% 22.2% 1.56 0.81 +0.75 1.72
20 Swindon Supermarine 36 50.0% 22.2% 27.8% 1.97 1.36 +0.61 1.72
21 Wimborne Town 35 51.4% 17.1% 31.4% 2.34 1.46 +0.89 1.71
22 Evesham United 36 50.0% 19.4% 30.6% 1.69 1.42 +0.28 1.69
23 Trafford 37 40.5% 35.1% 24.3% 1.46 1.27 +0.19 1.57
24 Leek Town 37 43.2% 21.6% 35.1% 1.89 1.30 +0.59 1.51

BMF are in 16th spot, so looking good. I see Heybridge Swifts are in 18th spot. Anyone on here go when City played them in the FA Cup some years back?

Archived