IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Stoke City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes but we've changed 9 of our 'in form' team and they have a prem squad. They should still start as favourites I would imagine.

We are in form. Aside from their defence I don't think they're particularly strong. 

Of course they'd be favourites - if I was a neutral though I definitely wouldn't put this game in an accumulator. 

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Peg,

You just knew that someone was going to say "Oh no, it's not."

At least 15% of it is really nice.

My son was born there. The surrounding area is superb.  

Bacon n Cheshire Cheese Oatcakes are fantastic. 

On a historical note, the Germans in WW2 only visited it twice...and missed. The smoke from the kilns obstructed their views.... maybe.

There's also an area called Dresden which was named after the German Pottery centre. The Stoke version remained intact throughout the war.

Slash came from Stoke as did Sir Stanley Matthews (think Scotty and John Atyeo rolled into one.)

Yum! I Love them.

as did the main man, Lemmy!

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

I had a Welsh father and I have always been called by my second name (though he wasn't).

I've always wondered whether it was a Welsh thing, but I'm not sure.

It seems to be common among cricketers - eg Viv Richards, Colin Cowdrey ...

my dad was welsh and was known by his third Christian name…

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That is a lot of changes. Big risk to do that away from home, especially considering we're in good form.

It seems a lot of changes, but I'd still call it a strong side - so no excuses if we don't do the business. There's only the return of Johnson that I'd call risky. I'd be targetting him as the weak link if possible - legs have gone.

Archived