IGNORED

Half Time - S26

Ben4BCFC

Not keen on starting rumours or drumming up trouble, but anyone have more of an idea of what went on in S26 at half time? Lots of whispers and rumours going round that sound pretty unsavoury but was hoping some maybe able to confirm that everyone was safe and okay? Noise around me suggested a young lad and his Dad were caught up in everything and a few said the young lad in particular got hurt. Hope that's not the case on what was otherwise a top night.

Was just told the following by a few of the lads I know who normally set up the flags:

"Apparently a kid got pushed off his chair by a steward and the dad laid the steward out and then police and stewards rushed in and dragged him by his neck" 7/8 stewards on this one guy then loads got involved.. Steward number 13 in a blue jacket was allegedly the cause. A woman who said about it. He's a bouncer and by all accounts didn't have a clue how to handle football fans. A complaint/comment needs to be made about over the top stewarding... All should be on cctv.. The bloke who was kicked out was with his 9/10 year old kid who has a learning disability. He was shit scared by all accounts and a elderly lady was fuming about the treatment he received. There is a over the top steward one with glasses spent the whole game wandering about directing stewards into the crowd and the slightest thing, he does it all the time.

A chap who does the flags spoke to Dave storr at half time. He said the bloke was detained and they were waiting for the police and if any of his stewards did anything wrong he'd investigate the same as if it was a fan..

So we shall see..

33 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I was in S25 but at HT I had gone over to S22 where my season ticket was last year to have a chat to the people I used to sit by.

Could hear chants of "you're getting sacked in the morning" at (I assume) a steward.

By the time I went back it had all calmed down.

This kind of goes with what I was told. Apprently a City fan sang "who's the manual manipulator in the blue" aimed at a Stoke player. A nearby Steward, wearing blue thought it was aimed at him and the bloke and his young son were dragged out of the ground.

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

This kind of goes with what I was told. Apprently a City fan sang "who's the manual manipulator in the blue" aimed at a Stoke player. A nearby Steward, wearing blue thought it was aimed at him and the bloke and his young son were dragged out of the ground.

Great description......and SFW

4/5 Stewards manhandled chap out of ground with excessive force, leaving his 10 yr old kid who has learning disabilities on his own. Reason for this all unfolding is because kid had feet on chair during first half. His old man was told 'you can move somewhere else in ground or we are going to kick you out'... Before he has chance to even reply, one steward basically grabs him & then other high viz friends join in pulling this guy from all angles with brute force out the stand.... Kind of beggars belief to be honest. All whilst this poor kid is screaming his lungs out because his dad is being aggressively dragged away for no reason. Not one stewards came to check kid was okay  & it was up to a few of us that know the dad and kid to make sure he didn't get hurt in ensuing chaos etc - even though the stewards in the section know full well this kid cones with his dad and was now left alone. The force used by the stewards was way over the top and they didn't follow any kind for duty of care, this poor kid is very upset by all accounts. I spoke with Dave Storr and multiple stewards during time it was all kicking off and have insisted that they review CCTV ASAP - Dave told me that they would do so in due course. I want to get this in here before people start adding to thread with second guesses etc. 

48 minutes ago, HLR said:

4/5 Stewards manhandled chap out of ground with excessive force, leaving his 10 yr old kid who has learning disabilities on his own. Reason for this all unfolding is because kid had feet on chair during first half. His old man was told 'you can move somewhere else in ground or we are going to kick you out'... Before he has chance to even reply, one steward basically grabs him & then other high viz friends join in pulling this guy from all angles with brute force out the stand.... Kind of beggars belief to be honest. All whilst this poor kid is screaming his lungs out because his dad is being aggressively dragged away for no reason. Not one stewards came to check kid was okay  & it was up to a few of us that know the dad and kid to make sure he didn't get hurt in ensuing chaos etc - even though the stewards in the section know full well this kid cones with his dad and was now left alone. The force used by the stewards was way over the top and they didn't follow any kind for duty of care, this poor kid is very upset by all accounts. I spoke with Dave Storr and multiple stewards during time it was all kicking off and have insisted that they review CCTV ASAP - Dave told me that they would do so in due course. I want to get this in here before people start adding to thread with second guesses etc. 

That same steward kicked a 14 year old out for standing on the stairs 5 minutes before kick off. The steward was looking for trouble the whole game. 

Wow. I saw it from afar but this sounds not good.

Ok I heard something slightly different but I guess it's wrong what I heard. Was told some people were trying to get into Heineken Lounge but hearsay?

The rest all makes sense but Heineken Lounge seemed to crop up in one or two places also.

Why do we have bouncers doing stewarding anyway? The two are different skillsets- not saying impossible to do both,  but generally the two shouldn't mix- wasn't that a key part of the cause of the aggro at West Ham at the start- first half- of last season?

• Admin

The simple answer to anyone with any grievance etc is to contact Amanda Jacks by email at  info@fsf.org.uk and ask for the FSF's assistance in taking this matter further

She has been very vocal in the last couple of weeks about the constant mistreating of supporters by stewards

58 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wow. I saw it from afar but this sounds not good.

Ok I heard something slightly different but I guess it's wrong what I heard. Was told some people were trying to get into Heineken Lounge but hearsay?

The rest all makes sense but Heineken Lounge seemed to crop up in one or two places also.

Why do we have bouncers doing stewarding anyway? The two are different skillsets- not saying impossible to do both,  but generally the two shouldn't mix- wasn't that a key part of the cause of the aggro at West Ham at the start- first half- of last season?

There was definitely a rush from some fans towards the Heineken area, but it looked to me that some of the stewards had retreated that way. 

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I was in s24 and saw a guy being dragged out by 3 stewards in caveman style. No idea what he did but I think his young lad was with him and was upset by what happened . He didn't seem hurt though. All kicked off after that with plastic bottles being thrown at the stewards ! 

What by the hair?????

:shocking:

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There was definitely a rush from some fans towards the Heineken area, but it looked to me that some of the stewards had retreated that way. 

Cheers. That explains it.

Generally, it's funny really- I commented just a few days ago that I thought our stewarding was now amongst the better ones, and now this happens. First time in a while we've seen fan/steward aggro down there. Was the one- bouncer?- who was heavy handed regular and in that section especially? Sounds like he was not and that's asking for trouble IMO.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was the one- bouncer?- who was heavy handed regular and in that section especially? Sounds like he was not and that's asking for trouble IMO.

The bouncer is never positioned in this section, he was walking round like he owned the place from the get go and was particularly abrasive with many fans. Blue steward 13 that has been referred to also decided he thought it would be a good idea to get up in my face personally and aim a very aggressive tone and stare at me. Standing over me, staring me out when I've done nothing wrong did make me laugh - all I did was question his colleagues as to why they thought it was acceptable for four or five stewards to aggressively man handle a man that had done nothing wrong, in front of his kid... Don't think Mr blue jacket was overly keen on the fact people were calling out their actions....He very quickly scuttled off after this and didn't return.... 

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cheers. That explains it.

Generally, it's funny really- I commented just a few days ago that I thought our stewarding was now amongst the better ones, and now this happens. First time in a while we've seen fan/steward aggro down there. Was the one- bouncer?- who was heavy handed regular and in that section especially? Sounds like he was not and that's asking for trouble IMO.

I may be wrong.

As I said earlier in the thread, was in S25 for the match, but at the time this happened I was in S22, so missed the actual incident.

Hopefully someone a bit more sure can clarify.

4 minutes ago, HLR said:

The bouncer is never positioned in this section, he was walking round like he owned the place from the get go and was particularly abrasive with many fans. Blue steward 13 that has been referred to also decided he thought it would be a good idea to get up in my face personally and aim a very aggressive tone and stare at me. Standing over me, staring me out when I've done nothing wrong did make me laugh - all I did was question his colleagues as to why they thought it was acceptable for four or five stewards to aggressively man handle a man that had done nothing wrong, in front of his kid... Don't think Mr blue jacket was overly keen on the fact people were calling out their actions....He very quickly scuttled off after this and didn't return.... 

Didn't sound like a regular- he should if he had any good sense have followed the lead of regular stewards in there.

A certain % of bouncers are knobs in all honesty. You get some who are a good laugh, a fair few who are probably ok but certain quotient are just knobs. Sounds like he was bang out of order from the off.

They (bouncers) don't like scrutiny, questioning actions either that's for sure. Not suitable for football in most circs.

Looks like they took the chap towards the Heineken lounge.

This is not the first time stewards have been looking to wind things up for the sake of it going back to the time in the Atyeo with the same set of stewards.

@Mkelly @AdamB I hope this gets looked in to and the stewarding in this area gets a reassessment as it is supposed to be a more relaxed attitude..

7790B389-2FA1-4611-AAF3-7109C5099D80.jpeg06A7B055-1101-4725-B882-2BA071172960.jpeg

17 minutes ago, cider head said:

Looks like they took the chap towards the Heineken lounge.

This is not the first time stewards have been looking to wind things up for the sake of it going back to the time in the Atyeo with the same set of stewards.

@Mkelly @AdamB I hope this gets looked in to and the stewarding in this area gets a reassessment as it is supposed to be a more relaxed attitude..

7790B389-2FA1-4611-AAF3-7109C5099D80.jpeg06A7B055-1101-4725-B882-2BA071172960.jpeg

And please give us some answers as to what happened/will happen......or not. And if not,  why not ? 

I'm glad one poster on here clarified what actually happened. I was reading the first few replies and was sure they were wide of the mark.

i watched this unfold from the next block along at half time. I also saw in the first half stewards speaking to him on a couple of occasions. I said it looked like they had an issue with his child standing on a seat. At half time it was clear to me they had arranged a team to ask him to leave for not following the (unreasonable) orders. They were trying to usher him out and it was clear he was not going, they then used (in my opinion) reasonable force to eject him. How else could they get a grown man to leave who didnt want to? I'm not sticking up for the stewards here. I take issue with the pathetic reason for why they were trying to eject him.

i was angry with what I saw so I went over to make my feelings known about how stewards treat the fans. I asked one why he had been ejected, he gave me 2 reasons, the First was foul and abusive language (which we all use) and I won't repeat the second as it was probably a lie and it's not fair to allege that to a fan who can't defend himself. However, it wasn't for his kid standing on a seat..

The reaction after was a bit of a shame - throwing plastic bottles (although harmless when empty and no bottle tops) isn't going to do the (great) area that we have got going this season any favours and could lead to more over zealous stewarding.

As someone said this is supposed to be a relaxed area but the stewards aren't reflecting this.

On the stewarding thing, still maintain ours not too bad. Despite last night.

Some examples of other clubs- these are from Twitter, via FSF Fair Cop:

DKKOz3jW0AEkg1d.jpg

DJ7QMQXX0AAZRrR.jpg

DJ34RPQXkAEkMM2.jpg

DJ34RPIWkAcuu4g.jpg

Those 2 are same game/incident I believe. Wolves-Forest.

DJXJFS0XcAA3cKx.jpg

As well as the well documented stuff at Bournemouth, Stevenage lately.

Also another example of someone drinking in view of the pitch being charged, criminal record.Also another example of someone drinking in view of the pitch being charged, which I now cannot find. These are all recent examples since the start of the season.

Believe me- we don't have it so bad!

Archived