IGNORED

Half Time - S26

Ben4BCFC

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Believe me- we don't have it so bad!

I'd disagree @Mr Popodopolous those other examples were all actions by home stewards on away fans

The problem being discussed here is a home steward on a home fan - to me they should be used to dealing with specific supporters groups, these people need to remember they are STEWARDS and not SECURITY GUARDS which sadly many of them seem to believe they are.

I've read on message boards for other clubs that one of these days supporters are going to turn on these stewards who use excessive force - that day won't be far away, and knowing how people are in general once it happens once it won't be long before it happens all other the country. As in the picture above there is no justifiable reason for anyone to be physically man handled in these instances

I wonder where the steward would stand if someone went for an assault charge against someone as above (there are other pictures that are even worse on that incident, but being kept on mainstream media as legal teams are involved_

• Admin
14 hours ago, Ronnie pickering said:

I was sat a few rows behind, it was a stoke fan, starting abusing the referee after a few 50/50s went our way. few guys called him out and he lifted his top up to reveal crouch 15 on the back. 

This sounds like there was more than one incident?

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I was in s24 and saw a guy being dragged out by 3 stewards in caveman style. No idea what he did but I think his young lad was with him and was upset by what happened . 

13 hours ago, cider head said:

The bloke who was kicked out was with his 9/10 year old kid who has a learning disability.

6 hours ago, HLR said:

4/5 Stewards manhandled chap out of ground with excessive force, leaving his 10 yr old kid who has learning disabilities on his own.

So a young lad with learning difficulties is stood on a seat?,

Situation gets out of control, before we know it his dad is being taken out of the ground?

I would ask serious questions about why a Chief Steward was not making sure this vulnerable child was left behind - there is a clear duty of care being missed here 

6 hours ago, Ashton98 said:

That same steward kicked a 14 year old out for standing on the stairs 5 minutes before kick off. 

Why would someone be "kicked out" for standing on stairs before the kick off?

(I'm guessing you must know him to know he was only 14)

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd disagree @Mr Popodopolous those other examples were all actions by home stewards on away fans

The problem being discussed here is a home steward on a home fan - to me they should be used to dealing with specific supporters groups, these people need to remember they are STEWARDS and not SECURITY GUARDS which sadly many of them seem to believe they are.

I've read on message boards for other clubs that one of these days supporters are going to turn on these stewards who use excessive force - that day won't be far away, and knowing how people are in general once it happens once it won't be long before it happens all other the country. As in the picture above there is no justifiable reason for anyone to be physically man handled in these instances

I wonder where the steward would stand if someone went for an assault charge against someone as above (there are other pictures that are even worse on that incident, but being kept on mainstream media as legal teams are involved_

First one was a home supporter according to the account I quoted. Most are away supporters, granted. However I am fairly convinced ours are still some of the better- or at least by no means the worst.

Agreed on this. Stewards and not security guards- it's why I said a while ago that IMO stewards as one of the qualifications, criteria if you like should have experience as a fan to help guide them best how to handle them. Ideally not a bitter local rival either as they may act nitpicking just because they can, to antagonise and taunt- which inevitably would eventually kick off. That one in the blue jacket in S26 definitely isn't a steward though, he's a security guard for sure.

Agreed, no excuse for excessive force. Headlock with several stewards around in addition? Ridiculous. It can turn, which it is why it is important to weed out or as a bare minimum, redeploy to less people oriented duties- guarding gates- those stewards who display excessive force. That one in the picture is acting completely inappropriately.

It's assault surely? Don't see how it could be argued otherwise.

FWIW, I think the stewards had the right to stop him standing on the seat, but the way in which it was done caused plenty of needless aggro.

I believe if all last nights incident is true, and I have no reason to assume otherwise, the club is walking on a somewhat of a tightrope  if it isn't careful. It has a duty of care towards people in the stadium, and if these incidents are being reported and not acted upon (and I dont just mean sacking the individual) then there is a risk of disorder where the stewards are likely to suffer physical harm, or the club is sued, or most likely both.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Why would someone be "kicked out" for standing on stairs before the kick off?

(I'm guessing you must know him to know he was only 14)

Well he looked about 14 and because in the singing section there was not enough room for everyone to get a seat so some people chose to stand on the stairs and he said he couldn't so he got chucked out. I find very weird that they will not have anyone on the stairs but will happily have 3 people to 1 chair.  Both as dangerous as the other 

Small point just for clarity. The Heinekein Lounge is the big room under the screen between the South Stand and Lansdown stand. The Heinekein sign isn't actually over that room, but over 2 other rooms between the Dolman and the South Stand.

I guess lots of you realise this but for exiles etc it probably helps.

15 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

Well he looked about 14 and because in the singing section there was not enough room for everyone to get a seat so some people chose to stand on the stairs and he said he couldn't so he got chucked out. I find very weird that they will not have anyone on the stairs but will happily have 3 people to 1 chair.  Both as dangerous as the other 

And equally baffling is that we cannot possibly have the lights dimmed during the match as the rake is too steep yet allow standing 3 to a seat. WTF

I saw this from S23, which isn't close enough to be aware of the facts. However, from there it looked very heavy-handed and because of that it incited those near-by.

Presumably, the stewards are trained (and encouraged) to handle "difficult/unruly" people without undue force and diffuse situations.

Some of them need to be re-trained and/or replaced.

If not, its only  a matter of time before things get ugly and someone gets seriously hurt.

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I was in s24 and saw a guy being dragged out by 3 stewards in caveman style. No idea what he did but I think his young lad was with him and was upset by what happened . He didn't seem hurt though. All kicked off after that with plastic bottles being thrown at the stewards ! 

Probably just horseplay, but I bet it will probably result in a stewards enquiry anyway. 

Archived