IGNORED

Famara Diedhou - cult legend in the making?

reddogkev

Reckon it's about time he had a thread better suited to him, now that it seems he has found his feet at the club.

I love him, and love the way he plays the game.  He has pure drive and determination; he celebrates a goal with a roar and tears around the pitch at times like a lion.

I had the pleasure of being sat directly in front of his celebration for the goal against Derby and he won my heart with his display of passion. Hell, I was almost going to rush onto the pitch and beat my chest with him - though after reading the other thread, thank God I refrained!

Long Live King Diedhou - just hope he can stay here for longer than one damned season!!!

So, my first two games this season were Derby on Saturday and tonight. Diedhiou has been ace in both! I really like the look of this guy - power, intensity, desire, couple of nice finishes too. Maybe a bit rough round the edges but he could be an absolute beast for us. My kind of player.

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If he continues I will change my name to Diedhous wrist......because really im just crap with usernames.

How many wrists can you have in a lifetime of supporting City? Wouldn't it be better to spread the joints / bones around a bit? 

Anyone else notice him doing a Kodjia skyle celebration after Matt Taylor scored?

Fam is developing like all our players.  Really impressed with his vision and ability to play others in (can't really teach that).  He lasted longer than his usual 60 mins so he's getting fitter.  Has great strength and what a leap to set up Taylor.  As his fitness improves we'll see his composure in front of goal (which is good) improve too and we'll see more goals.  Works tirelessly for the team. Real team player.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't forget also.

With his style of play, how hard he can be to play against, he is also quite likely to produce assists. Just as good as a goal.

It's a shame he cost £5m and not £2m really. Obviously given the fee fans would be on his case from the off if he wasn't performing.

Clearly it would take someone in his situation a bit of time to settle. He's young, new to the country, second language, totally different style of play..

Good to see he's turning a corner. 

@reddogkev - one of the few who didn't fall off the edge of a cliff during last season's darkest moments about Lee Johnson so if he says Fammy is going to be a "monster" then he can have a big fat like from me.

As a fellow "happy clapping sleep walking uber-fan Johnson apologist"- I'm also gonna agree wiv him... Although I'm not sure if that bodes well for Fammy.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@reddogkev - one of the few who didn't fall off the edge of a cliff during last season's darkest moments about Lee Johnson so if he says Fammy is going to be a "monster" then he can have a big fat like from me.

As a fellow "happy clapping sleep walking uber-fan Johnson apologist"- I'm also gonna agree wiv him... Although I'm not sure if that bodes well for Fammy.

:whistle:

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a shame he cost £5m and not £2m really. Obviously given the fee fans would be on his case from the off if he wasn't performing.

Clearly it would take someone in his situation a bit of time to settle. He's young, new to the country, second language, totally different style of play..

Good to see he's turning a corner. 

Agree with all of that.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

:whistle:

Reddodkev- last year:

'ive heard so much crap spouted online that LJ isn't good enough, for whatever reason, that my blood has literally boiled.  Glad that in reality, no one feels this way. Kind of makes me feel easier about reading the Little Lee thread.

As an aside Phileas- having a quick read of some of the past comments on LJ/SL/McAllister has been enlightening.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Reddodkev- last year:

'ive heard so much crap spouted online that LJ isn't good enough, for whatever reason, that my blood has literally boiled.  Glad that in reality, no one feels this way. Kind of makes me feel easier about reading the Little Lee thread.

As an aside Phileas- having a quick read of some of the past comments on LJ/SL/McAllister has been enlightening.

Haha, was just because I remembered that Wolves thread. @reddogkev is a good egg. 

Yeah, at the time of McAllister's appointment there was uproar. I don't think LJ and Pemberton were capatable, perhaps partly due to the age difference. LJ was always going to want 'his men' in.

Archived