IGNORED

last night's crowd/lack of crowd

Littlesh*t

I will start by saying those who attended last night i thought we created a very good atmosphere.

now to my main point, I couldn't believe how poor the attendance was last night. people always moan about the price of football but last night was more than reasonable against any team let alone premiership opposition. 

people always bang on about us being a sleeping giant and how we take 40,000 to wemberly but we can't get over 20,000 for a premier league side at only £12 a ticket. 

I know some struggle with evening games because of work and other commitments but there are also a lot who must have just decided they couldn't be bothered. I get people can't go every week because of money and other things but surely if our fan base and catchment area is as big as a lot of people make out then we should have had a much higher attendance than last night. 

It's a poorly supported competition in general at this stage to be fair, when everyone knows both sides will make as many as 11 changes from their normal team  

Stoke may be a premier league side but they're not an exciting draw. 

Last 16 is a pretty big stage to get to so think we'd see a bigger crowd next time. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

It's a poorly supported competition in general at this stage to be fair, when everyone knows both sides will make as many as 11 changes from their normal team  

Last 16 is a pretty big stage to get to so think we'd see a bigger crowd next time. 

I get that but I think it's quite sad that a club like ours can't manage a half decent crowd. from the fan base we so called have 3 out of every 4 fans didn't show up. like I said I know people have other commitments but I don't believe they all did last night. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The crowd last night of 13,826 was very good.

There was 6,600 at Palace v Huddersfield, an all-Premier League tie.

11,000 at Villa v Boro

11,800 at Burnley v Leeds

8,700 at Reading v Swansea etc etc

that's fine but do you not think it's sad that fans think one of the biggest cups isn't important? 

also what were the prices at these other games?

I think last night was a perfect opportunity to show Lansdown that if he gets the pricing correct we will pack the gate. I'm a big supporter of the 20 is plenty campaign

4 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I get that but I think it's quite sad that a club like ours can't manage a half decent crowd. from the fan base we so called have 3 out of every 4 fans didn't show up. like I said I know people have other commitments but I don't believe they all did last night. 

It's better than most mate compare with the other clubs.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Only three or four in last night's side started our last league game. But frankly, I believe we could play that team at Norwich and they would do well.

We appear to have a squad of 24/25 players who are good enough to start every game and LJ has a serious problem in choosing a starting eleven and also keeping them all happy and raring to go.

Sounds like this pessimistic old sod is becoming a happy clapper but that was a good performance and entertainment. COYREDS.

3 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

that's fine but do you not think it's sad that fans think one of the biggest cups isn't important? 

I think last night was a perfect opportunity to show Lansdown that if he gets the pricing correct we will pack the gate. I'm a big supporter of the 20 is plenty campaign

Its the second biggest out of the two that include senior prem teams. If it was a top five six team it would have been over 20k easy if not sell out at those prices.

Only Leicester, West Ham and Spurs had more than us last night. 

We had more than several Premier League sides. 

5 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Sadly the money in football has completely devalued this cup - it's seen as the JPT of the serious competitions. 

This is a cup whose draw takes place in China when the whole of England is sleeping....enough said. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Only three or four in last night's side started our last league game. But frankly, I believe we could play that team at Norwich and they would do well.

We appear to have a squad of 24/25 players who are good enough to start every game and LJ has a serious problem in choosing a starting eleven and also keeping them all happy and raring to go.

Sounds like this pessimistic old sod is becoming a happy clapper but that was a good performance and entertainment. COYREDS.

Just two: Flint and Pack.

I thought the crowd was good, I was expecting 10,000 at best.

17 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I will start by saying those who attended last night i thought we created a very good atmosphere.

now to my main point, I couldn't believe how poor the attendance was last night. people always moan about the price of football but last night was more than reasonable against any team let alone premiership opposition. 

people always bang on about us being a sleeping giant and how we take 40,000 to wemberly but we can't get over 20,000 for a premier league side at only £12 a ticket. 

I know some struggle with evening games because of work and other commitments but there are also a lot who must have just decided they couldn't be bothered. I get people can't go every week because of money and other things but surely if our fan base and catchment area is as big as a lot of people make out then we should have had a much higher attendance than last night. 

since when has 13,5k been a poor crowd? it wasn't that long ago that we were happy to get that in a league game

Villa v Boro: £15 (adults), £10 (concessions), £10 (U21s) and £5 (U16s).

Burnley v Leeds: £15 (adults), £10 (concessions), £10 (U21s) and £5 (U17s).

Reading v Swansea: £10/12/15 (adults), £5/7/10 (concessions/U24), £3/5/7 (U17s).

Just now, Monkeh said:

since when has 13,5k been a poor crowd? it wasn't that long ago that we were happy to get that in a league game

over the years it wouldn't have been but my personal view is city have moved forward from those figures and my main point is the pricing/attendance. as I stated before I think it was a big opportunity to show Lansdown that we would pack the gate every week if the pricing was lower. 

Let's be honest this competition has become a bit of a joke up until perhaps the QF when teams start to take it s bit more seriously.

The draw fiasco will only serve to further alienate fans from the competition also.

Early in the season sides want to get points on the board not necessarily extra rounds in the cup - so for many fans who have to travel a fair way to the game (like myself), the added midweek expense to see a half committed team selection isn't exactly appealing. 

I guess the only appeal is the possibility of European football. Maybe this was LJ's 5 year plan....????

2 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

over the years it wouldn't have been but my personal view is city have moved forward from those figures and my main point is the pricing/attendance. as I stated before I think it was a big opportunity to show Lansdown that we would pack the gate every week if the pricing was lower. 

it was stoke and it was the third round of the micky mouse cup, it could of been a 5er a ticket we still wouldn't of got much more,

You are sound like a gas head mate they are obsessed with crowd sizes and attendances,

considering we had the 3rd highest attendance of the night says enough

We had the highest % (vs league games) of fans attending in comparison to everyone else that played? We played Stoke, a game that definitely isn't a glamor time but also a team that most people thought would still be good enough to knock us out. A game where people weren't interested in the team we were playing, in a cup nobody cares about & we were expected to lose, but still had the smallest % drop of fans? Think that's alright

15 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

but surely we all support city so the main attraction is watching our team, lining up against a better quality team is just a bonus

Look at the figures in KITR's post and then ask the same question to fans of Palace, Villa, Burnley and Boro....all 'bigger' clubs than us.

We weren't playing Man Utd or Chelsea last night. The attendance was pretty good especially compared to others.

Just now, Monkeh said:

it was stoke and it was the third round of the micky mouse cup, it could of been a 5er a ticket we still wouldn't of got much more,

You are sound like a gas head mate they are obsessed with crowd sizes and attendances,

considering we had the 3rd highest attendance of the night says enough

so because you don't agree with my point you call me a gashead? what an absolute bell you are.

it's only a Mickey mouse cup if people treat it like that! this cup gives the winners a European place but I suppose you think the uefa cup is only the Mickey mouse version of the champions league.

so because you don't agree with my point you call me a gashead? what an absolute bell you are.

it's only a Mickey mouse cup if people treat it like that! this cup gives the winners a European place but I suppose you think the uefa cup is only the Mickey mouse version of the champions league.

I never called you a gashed I said you sounded like one, because they obsess over attendances you called our support bad when it wasn't and has been pointed out to you by everyone else

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Look at the figures in KITR's post and then ask the same question to fans of Palace, Villa, Burnley and Boro....all 'bigger' clubs than us.

We weren't playing Man Utd or Chelsea last night. The attendance was pretty good especially compared to others.

I think attendances were poor across all the club's in the competition but I couldn't give 2 shits about any other side and this I a BRISTOL CITY FORUM. 

my personal view is it's sad that football has got to the stage where fans and clubs think they are above the competition.

36 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

people always bang on about us being a sleeping giant . 

Which people?

I never hear City fans refer to ourselves as 'sleeping giants'.

Ive heard TV pundits and other clubs fans call us Sleeping Giants. 

We've never been giants so we can't be sleeping giants. We do however have a huge amount of potential and good fanbase that would easily fill AG in the Prem if we were ever lucky enough to get there.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I never called you a gashed I said you sounded like one, because they obsess over attendances you called our support bad when it wasn't and has been pointed out to you by everyone else

I stand by the fact that I believe our crowd was poor in relation to the pricing the same as I think it was poor across the country. 

33 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Sorry I wasn't there.

Bake off was on.

Archived