IGNORED

Palace at Home

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

As a 25 year old City fan, I'm convinced that the our ball has some kind of magnet which attracts shit ties. I decided to look at the last time we drew a big club:

Man U - 1980
Man City - 2007*
Spurs - 1980
Arsenal - 1980
Chelsea - 1990
Liverpool - 1994

*This was before Man City was a 'big' side in my opinion so it doesn't count!

We've had Everton too. Bigger than Chelsea were in 1990.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Good draw with potential to progress, but given Palaces next few games, Roy could target this one to kickstart their season......

Their next 3 games don't look clever but our game will be sandwiched between them playing Newcastle and West Ham, the latter at home which is already looking like a must win.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Their next 3 games don't look clever but our game will be sandwiched between them playing Newcastle and West Ham, the latter at home which is already looking like a must win.

Indeed. They'll probably HAVE to rest their best 11.

Happy with this! At home, v winnable, they have no confidence with a manager who doesn't inspire confidence. By the time we play them, they'll have lost to Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea, probably (still) bottom of Premier League, no points and no goals.

Flint vs Benteke....? My money's on Aden. Fammy, Matty, Bobby vs their fragile defence? Yes please!

Chance for another Premier League scalp to progress to the next round.

#bringiton

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Why would we necessarily get spanked there? Anfield 94? Whats the point of being in this competition if you cant aspire to beat the best there is and create wonderful memories that supporters of us small clubs need? It's easy to understand peoples disappointment that we've missed out once again but we've never had a better chance of reaching the quarter finals since 89. Exciting times!

Not since..... last season!

14 minutes ago, Coppello said:

As a 25 year old City fan, I'm convinced that the our ball has some kind of magnet which attracts shit ties. I decided to look at the last time we drew a big club:

Man U - 1980
Man City - 2007*
Spurs - 1980
Arsenal - 1980
Chelsea - 1990
Liverpool - 1994

*This was before Man City was a 'big' side in my opinion so it doesn't count!

In summary, we're cursed. 

What about Nott's Forest semi-Final?

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Lets remember Hull were in exactly the same situation last year as Palace were now, so we shouldnt be too confident. They will still be favourites to progress, they are a Premier League side after all albeit one with some problems.

We were extremely unlucky in that game and I feel we have come along way since then also.

Archived