IGNORED

Bristol City on FIFA 18 (Merged)

brizzlelou

I got it played it about 3 times. The players movement is more realistic. However build up play seems to be slower than 17. 

Pens have reverted back to 16 rules but with L2 and R2 (PS4) slowing or speeding up the run up. 

Will probably take some getting used to, but the visuals do look good. Especially the crowds 3D modeling

Everyone who has FIFA 17 has the FIFA 18 beta. It's pretty much the same game. It's got a few things to talk about I guess. Granted I've only played against the computer but here are a few things.

The movement and touch of world class players seems a bit better. Players like Huguain, Lewandoski and Kane were hard to use because they didn't have the pace. In the few games I've played, it's easier to get shots with players like them. Also, shots and passes aren't blocked or intercepted as much. 

To add to that, the passing is a bit better. The passing and dribbling feels a bit slower but that's helped get your passes to go where you want more often. You can actually play a through ball through a couple defenders to a winger cutting in behind on the floor. Last years that pass is only possible in the air. 

A big change is in career mode where you can negotiate pretty much everything from sell on clauses to signing on bonuses which come from your transfer budget. These are done in cut scenes which can get tedious and long but I believe you can skip through them though I never managed it. I look forward to it as always but does seem mostly the same game as 17 and one of these days I'll give pro evo a go. 

39 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Relevance ? It is a Game, for all the 'stats' realistic sprites game play it is just a Game, please put this on non Football chat. 

Football is a game. The chat was quite clear what it was and yet you chose to open it then chose to comment on it. Ever heard the saying if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? So if the thread doesn't apply to you just ignore it 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Football is a game. The chat was quite clear what it was and yet you chose to open it then chose to comment on it. Ever heard the saying if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? So if the thread doesn't apply to you just ignore it 

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

But FIFA is about football...

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Completely agree, I don't think I can even contemplate coming back on this forum knowing there's a FIFA 18 thread in the football forum!!! :shocking:

You are coming across pretty pedantic. 

It's not like we are saturated in video game discussion on this forum. I don't even play FIFA but people do and its a point of discussion that relates to football. 

I can see no issue with that personally.

35 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

You are coming across pretty pedantic. 

It's not like we are saturated in video game discussion on this forum. I don't even play FIFA but people do and its a point of discussion that relates to football. 

I can see no issue with that personally.

I don't have a problem with it too, just needs to be put in Non Football Chat.  

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It replicates football...it is not real, non football, = non football chat.

Rovers replicate football (apparently) but there is a thread on here about them...

Does it really matter..

@1bristolcity

Can you not see that by constantly posting on this thread you are bumping it up to the top of the forum, granting it more attention and posts (such as this one).

I don't particularly rate FIFA (its been getting worse for 15 ish years) or have that much interest, but as above, you are generating more attention and posts on the thread by having a really picky and extremely unimportant argument.

Just don't respond (or even read the thread, its clear what it was about!)

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That's being very picky there lad 

Not a lad, and I do remember real football, when the wage cap was twenty shillings a week, and the games we used to play was cowboys and Indians on the bomb sites in Bristol, and to go and watch City cost a a threepenny bit, and from the change off a tanner we bought a Jubilee Bag that had sweets and a free toy...there was no Sports Bra down the Gate, the tea was cold and brown, and if you needed a pee make sure you really needed to go..we all stood and sang and the football was grand, no subs just Buster with the magic sponge...Kids to-day eh? Just hope there's not another bl00dy war.:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

@1bristolcity

Can you not see that by constantly posting on this thread you are bumping it up to the top of the forum, granting it more attention and posts (such as this one).

I don't particularly rate FIFA (its been getting worse for 15 ish years) or have that much interest, but as above, you are generating more attention and posts on the thread by having a really picky and extremely unimportant argument.

Just don't respond (or even read the thread, its clear what it was about!)

What is the point in not replying,? Where would we all be unless someone takes responsibility for all this nonsense? :shifty:

58 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not a lad, and I do remember real football, when the wage cap was twenty shillings a week, and the games we used to play was cowboys and Indians on the bomb sites in Bristol, and to go and watch City cost a a threepenny bit, and from the change off a tanner we bought a Jubilee Bag that had sweets and a free toy...there was no Sports Bra down the Gate, the tea was cold and brown, and if you needed a pee make sure you really needed to go..we all stood and sang and the football was grand, no subs just Buster with the magic sponge...Kids to-day eh? Just hope there's not another bl00dy war.:facepalm:

And that all sounds like a jolly time, however it's now 2017 and like it or not, FIFA games are very much a part of modern football culture, so absolutely warrant a place in the main football forum. 

Like if I see a thread around some 70's based stuff that I'm not fussed about, I just don't read it and let those interested get on and have a nice time chatting about it.  

2 hours ago, Ago said:

And that all sounds like a jolly time, however it's now 2017 and like it or not, FIFA games are very much a part of modern football culture, so absolutely warrant a place in the main football forum. 

Like if I see a thread around some 70's based stuff that I'm not fussed about, I just don't read it and let those interested get on and have a nice time chatting about it.  

Jolly? I don't know about Jolly, but it was real...they could have a 'nice' time' chatting about it on the Non Footie Forum, and the 'adults' can get on with more pressing matters on here... what is the saying about kids and not being heard? Bad enough suffering the wimmins game without all this kids stuff too :whistle:

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Jolly? I don't know about Jolly, but it was real...they could have a 'nice' time' chatting about it on the Non Footie Forum, and the 'adults' can get on with more pressing matters on here... what is the saying about kids and not being heard? Bad enough suffering the wimmins game without all this kids stuff too :whistle:

IMG_0726.GIF

Nothing more real than the pain you suffer when you concede a last minute equaliser to some Glaswegian 12 year old in FIFA Ultimate team. 

Realer than Buster Footman's magic sponge will ever be. :thumbsup:

Archived