IGNORED

Bristol City on FIFA 18 (Merged)

brizzlelou

I wish they would give more attention to pro clubs because it's such a great game mode when playing in a team with friends!

But unfortunately, they make their money from UT which gets the most attention (to be fair they have given career mode extra attention this year).

Anyway.. Fifa all day long (get lost PES!) :P

9 minutes ago, CityLew said:

I wish they would give more attention to pro clubs because it's such a great game mode when playing in a team with friends!

But unfortunately, they make their money from UT which gets the most attention (to be fair they have given career mode extra attention this year).

Anyway.. Fifa all day long (get lost PES!) :P

They've changed clubs a little in the past couple of editions. But it could do with a major overhaul, more club customisation and progression would be great. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I use sofifa and looking at that, it shows what's been upgraded and downgraded since the last game and it's pretty spot on imo. Of course I agree about Baker and Wright being a bit too low and Hegeler being a bit too high. Also, Bobby if he keeps it up will slowly be upgraded but they tend not to get too carried away with early form. 

I too look at sofifa Leko has a potential of 82 but of course he's on loan. In our side so far our highest 3 potential players excluding loans are Bryan (79) then Eliasson and Kelly (78). However there's Engvall (80) and Hinds (79) who are obviously both out on loan.

22 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

How do they rate them mate? Based on stats or you physically watching them and giving an opinion? I wouldn't blame whoever does ours as I think FIFA just puts less into the game for a second division than they would anyone else. The championship especially I think could use more work from them. Leko, Paterson and Baker in particular are quite poor imo for example. I don't know how they would've gotten their data to rate them how they've done. I'm not saying they're gold standard players but Pato and Baker could use another 1-2 on their overall. I know Leko hasn't played much senior football but it's clear his dribbling, physical and passing are more than what FIFA presents just watching him a couple times. 

Firstly, there is one Data Editor (used to be me) and a number of Reviewers. Data Editors can amend stats, faces, boots openly whilst a Reviewer has access to the database but isn't able to amend any of it. Instead, the Reviewer can submit a suggestion to the Data Editor who can action it in full, partially or not at all. These are usually fans of the team unless they don't have anyone to help out with a team... I also covered Yeovil Town for a year for example.

The database isn't started from scratch every year as you can imagine and just update the previous data gradually through the season and off-season. So for example Bobby Reid will have had a low rating in shooting as he's only just started scoring regularly so it's only just come to light that that's the case. In Leko's circumstance, he's only just moved to City and was previously managed by the Data Editor of his previous team. If they haven't seen him play much then they don't have much to go off of. Again, this should gradually change soon if they have a good Data Editor in-place.

Reviewers and Editors alike are encouraged NOT to focus on overall ratings and instead focus on individual statistics. So they're encouraged to get someone a realistic rating for shooting, short passing etc. rather than just their overall. The problem arises when somebody's strongest areas of their game don't necessarily add anything to their overall. So for example if you made Diedhiou great at tackling it won't really change his overall as the database figures that is irrelevant for a Striker. This can make it difficult for wingbacks for example as their crossing and things matter in real life and less so on their slide tackling but in game they're defenders so it doesn't necessarily make as great an effect on them as it should as a defender's rating would go up more with better slide tackling.

Hope that answers a little bit.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

They've changed clubs a little in the past couple of editions. But it could do with a major overhaul, more club customisation and progression would be great. 

True!

But, in game too. The number of times me and my mates have been in possession of the ball and our pro has decided he can't be bothered anymore and just stopped completely! That would never happen on ultimate team, they seem to differentiate the gameplay slightly depending on which game mode you play (UT faster, career mode slower for example).

7 minutes ago, CityLew said:

True!

But, in game too. The number of times me and my mates have been in possession of the ball and our pro has decided he can't be bothered anymore and just stopped completely! That would never happen on ultimate team, they seem to differentiate the gameplay slightly depending on which game mode you play (UT faster, career mode slower for example).

Yep they put all their energies into UT as it’s a revenue stream. They don’t earn anything extra from career or clubs. 

I like UT but it’s a shame they make it their only focus. ‘The Journey’ is a bit naff, not a patch on 2K’s very similar mode.

3 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Firstly, there is one Data Editor (used to be me) and a number of Reviewers. Data Editors can amend stats, faces, boots openly whilst a Reviewer has access to the database but isn't able to amend any of it. Instead, the Reviewer can submit a suggestion to the Data Editor who can action it in full, partially or not at all. These are usually fans of the team unless they don't have anyone to help out with a team... I also covered Yeovil Town for a year for example.

The database isn't started from scratch every year as you can imagine and just update the previous data gradually through the season and off-season. So for example Bobby Reid will have had a low rating in shooting as he's only just started scoring regularly so it's only just come to light that that's the case. In Leko's circumstance, he's only just moved to City and was previously managed by the Data Editor of his previous team. If they haven't seen him play much then they don't have much to go off of. Again, this should gradually change soon if they have a good Data Editor in-place.

Reviewers and Editors alike are encouraged NOT to focus on overall ratings and instead focus on individual statistics. So they're encouraged to get someone a realistic rating for shooting, short passing etc. rather than just their overall. The problem arises when somebody's strongest areas of their game don't necessarily add anything to their overall. So for example if you made Diedhiou great at tackling it won't really change his overall as the database figures that is irrelevant for a Striker. This can make it difficult for wingbacks for example as their crossing and things matter in real life and less so on their slide tackling but in game they're defenders so it doesn't necessarily make as great an effect on them as it should as a defender's rating would go up more with better slide tackling.

Hope that answers a little bit.

Perfect mate thanks. Like I said, a look on sofifa and the changes made to our players individual ratings looked pretty spot on. No two people will ever agree on everything though. 

If you could indulge me again though, as a data editor, were you encouraged to make changes less often? How is it monitored to not go crazy? For example, how would you be encouraged to rate Bobby Reid's form? Leading scorer after 8 games, one would be tempted to put his finishing into the low 70s say. How gradual do changes need to be made? 

I used to play seasons when you could turn off star rating restrictions. Was fun playing as City against Real Madrid etc and battling for a win. Now Im forced to play UT which is a lot less meaningful in my opinion (also nobody plays seasons anymore except Polish people :laugh:).

In the last few iterations I flirt around Div 1/2 as you have to be playing well to maintain Div 1 playing with City players.

Now in FIFA 17 ive lost more than won for the first time. I like it being difficult (part of the reason I play as City) but it feels like there is a massive RNG numbers game going on in this one. 90% of deflections go to the opposition, tackles go to the opposition, its near impossible to intercept without the ball going back etc etc. I dont mind having 18 shots on target to 1 and losing 1-0 once in a while but its constant in 17. We all lose to players obviously worse but it feels like a massive lottery in FIFA 17.

TLDR; hope 18 is a lot better but doubt it. 17 had the worst gameplay over the last 4-5 years imo.

Edit: City ratings look pretty good for fifa to be fair

On 30/08/2017 at 09:30, JoeAman08 said:

Football is a game. The chat was quite clear what it was and yet you chose to open it then chose to comment on it. Ever heard the saying if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? So if the thread doesn't apply to you just ignore it 

Hello Joe , The saying in the the UK is "If you have nothing too say, don't say it" but I do like the nice, very polite.

10 hours ago, WRERE said:

Some of the ratings have been updated on seasons. Off the top of my head Reid is a 70 rated striker, Bryan 74, Paterson 76 (our highest ever rated player on FIFA?), Pack 73(?) with downgrades to Flint (72/71) and Baker(?). Will double check the ones I'm not sure about when I'm home.

No, Maynard had a 76 Gold card in FIFA 12 or 11. Also Paul Hartley had a 75.

8 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Fifa is a football game. Stop crying about what forum it's in.

I don't think you really understand do you? When you start assessing players on that.... then you are deluded.    Really a bit sad, but there you go, I fish, and there is a game called Bass Pro, that is not fishing, anymore than FIFA is football. You should step away from such things, and try the real thing, like football or fishing perhaps, I caught a 12lb plus Barbel Wednesday, it tore off and gave a tremendous fight, you wouldn't get that same feeling with a game, or scoring a goal on FIFA as opposed to actually scoring  Champions League winner... games are OK I suppose up until you take them as seriously as you do, NOT REAL. Probably the main reason we will never win anything in football, kids should be kicking a ball around in the street, to learn a few skills, if I was your Mum I would confiscate your consul :yes:

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Perfect mate thanks. Like I said, a look on sofifa and the changes made to our players individual ratings looked pretty spot on. No two people will ever agree on everything though. 

If you could indulge me again though, as a data editor, were you encouraged to make changes less often? How is it monitored to not go crazy? For example, how would you be encouraged to rate Bobby Reid's form? Leading scorer after 8 games, one would be tempted to put his finishing into the low 70s say. How gradual do changes need to be made? 

You need to justify yourself. Sometimes you may need to include video or references but to the most part gradual changes are fine. If you suddenly bump a player's stat from 50 to 80 on something or if you're bumping stats to try make the overall get to a number you want it to then you may get a Producer come back and question you, but to the most part if you've done it for four years or so you're trusted to cover it responsibly. If I had a better computer and the pay was improved I'd be tempted to cover the role again but for now it really doesnt compare to the day job. 

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 22:58, Milan djurichimovic said:

Reid's shooting 80 passing 80 and dribbling 80 and bit highly physical :thumbsup:

You have to look at UT as one giant league with every single player in the world in that league. 

In real life in the Championship Reid would have 80+ stats, if he was dropped into the prem would he? I very much doubt it. I'm certain he couldn't perform in the prem like he is in the Championship so to give him 80+ stats would just be wrong as that would put him up there with some of the better players in the world.

16 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't think you really understand do you? When you start assessing players on that.... then you are deluded.    Really a bit sad, but there you go, I fish, and there is a game called Bass Pro, that is not fishing, anymore than FIFA is football. You should step away from such things, and try the real thing, like football or fishing perhaps, I caught a 12lb plus Barbel Wednesday, it tore off and gave a tremendous fight, you wouldn't get that same feeling with a game, or scoring a goal on FIFA as opposed to actually scoring  Champions League winner... games are OK I suppose up until you take them as seriously as you do, NOT REAL. Probably the main reason we will never win anything in football, kids should be kicking a ball around in the street, to learn a few skills, if I was your Mum I would confiscate your consul :yes:

I know it's not real but it's interesting to see what people think of us. If it doesn't interest you then what's the point of posting on this topic?

Its taking a freaking age to install (PS4) You start playing the Madrid derby, if you wonder why the game is going so slowly its because of how long the game takes to still install, I quit the match when the clock said 59 mins and was barely at 25% its now at 46% probably a good 30 mins later.

On 22/09/2017 at 13:45, Flint says No said:

True if you look at the premier league though apparently Özil is one better than Pogba, Kante and two better than Coutinho!

Overall is not how good they are its a number generated based on the individual stats that suit their position. Problem with FIFA is the gameplay is awful and almost every team feel the same until you hit certain stat levels. I much  prefer PES if you're looking for game play it's miles ahead once you master it. Teams play with different styles, players stand out as individuals and you can really see players shine  even with lower overall ratings because the individual stars have a better impact on the game. I think the issue with PES is prime won't give it a chance because of the licenses it's lacking, but a free option file download and suddenly the kits are better on Pro Evolution than they are on FIFA. 

On 23/09/2017 at 12:58, Up The City! said:

You have to look at UT as one giant league with every single player in the world in that league. 

In real life in the Championship Reid would have 80+ stats, if he was dropped into the prem would he? I very much doubt it. I'm certain he couldn't perform in the prem like he is in the Championship so to give him 80+ stats would just be wrong as that would put him up there with some of the better players in the world.

I'm so very sorry, but you're the weakest link. Goodbye 

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooossshhhhhhhhhhh

There was a high amount of sarcasm in the original post sorry bud ;)

Hi, I used to/still do work with EA on BCFC ratings unfortunately for me to pass on on upgrades to a player you need to provide video evidence on a consistent basis etc on why on a certain player warrants an upgrade in certain stats, so I can put forward my evidence etc, but then it falls to EA to review, and to be fair they are clueless. Think managed 2 slight upgrades last year. Providing so much 'evidence' can be a chore. Although there are a few other people who work on city too. The position is open to anyone, provided you can prove you study/watch city a lot...I can find a link if anyone's interested, albeit EA are extremely stubborn to allowing upgrades despite evidence provided especially to teams in championship, L1 etc. 

32 minutes ago, BookEnd said:

Hi, I used to/still do work with EA on BCFC ratings unfortunately for me to pass on on upgrades to a player you need to provide video evidence on a consistent basis etc on why on a certain player warrants an upgrade in certain stats, so I can put forward my evidence etc, but then it falls to EA to review, and to be fair they are clueless. Think managed 2 slight upgrades last year. Providing so much 'evidence' can be a chore. Although there are a few other people who work on city too. The position is open to anyone, provided you can prove you study/watch city a lot...I can find a link if anyone's interested, albeit EA are extremely stubborn to allowing upgrades despite evidence provided especially to teams in championship, L1 etc. 

I imagine it’s in their interest to have lots of players >75 overall for pack weight in FUT

Archived