IGNORED

Bristol City on FIFA 18 (Merged)

brizzlelou

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I imagine it’s in their interest to have lots of players >75 overall for pack weight in FUT

That's is true PF, which makes it very hard to get improvements on the squad or any lower leauge team I would imagine. IM still registered as a Bristol city 'scout' or whatever they called us but I lost interest as to even get a slight boost on pace etc required stat sheets, consistently footage and lengthy paragraphs on why you believe the stay increase to be justified. 

Only for it to be reviewed by the people who actually judged the evidence to usually decline. It's a ball ache, it was fun to do as a past time, but as I got older my spare time is next to nothing. 

Best we achieved was getting Maynard a gold card (at the time a big achievement but fully warranted) and JET a 4* weak foot after pre release he was 2*... Wasn't having that!

3 minutes ago, BookEnd said:

That's is true PF, which makes it very hard to get improvements on the squad or any lower leauge team I would imagine. IM still registered as a Bristol city 'scout' or whatever they called us but I lost interest as to even get a slight boost on pace etc required stat sheets, consistently footage and lengthy paragraphs on why you believe the stay increase to be justified. 

Only for it to be reviewed by the people who actually judged the evidence to usually decline. It's a ball ache, it was fun to do as a past time, but as I got older my spare time is next to nothing. 

Best we achieved was getting Maynard a gold card (at the time a big achievement but fully warranted) and JET a 4* weak foot after pre release he was 2*... Wasn't having that!

I love FIFA but its a shame that FUT has seemingly become their only focus. Pack weight is poor and lots of players seem to know how to exploit the game-play mechanics rather than being skillful players.

I used to enjoy career mode but never seems to improve that much.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Everyone realises you don’t care about Fifa - that’s fine, good for you.

Why then do you keep posting on this thread about it?

I have to, I just have to.

Will no one think of the children and the future of the real game of Association Football?... when as kids we kicked a ball about in the streets, jumpers for goal posts, and anything that resembled a football would do...why in those days we even as a Nation won the World Cup, so you see I just cannot relent.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I love FIFA but its a shame that FUT has seemingly become their only focus. Pack weight is poor and lots of players seem to know how to exploit the game-play mechanics rather than being skillful players.

I used to enjoy career mode but never seems to improve that much.

Very true it's the one game I must pick up each year, despite knowing what to expect. As a FUT player predominantly it is highly frustrating to see every mechanic exploited. Also it's getting very much more pay to win every year and people dump £1000's in this game purely to get the best team, yet the lifespan of the game is one year. 

EA are masters when it comes to monetize the game. All these kids opening packs in the lure of getting a big name is disgusting (I'd call it gambling personally). 

It's a shame IM guilty of dropping the odd £20 here and there, but it all adds up. 

IN return we get virtually the same game with some nice asthenic improvements but little else. EA are laughing. 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Will no one think of the children and the future of the real game of Association Football?... when as kids we kicked a ball about in the streets, jumpers for goal posts, and anything that resembled a football would do...why in those days we even as a Nation won the World Cup, so you see I just cannot relent.

I see. I think FIFA contributes to more people playing and watching football than you'd think.. far better than kids using an alternative like Instagram or Snapchat. Even as games go, it's harmless. Lots of games (such as another games I love, GTA) are inappropriate for young people - competition like FIFA which people clearly love is an age appropriate game that people enjoy.

It's not a British phenomenon either. It'll be played by Germans and Spaniards.

Very true it's the one game I must pick up each year, despite knowing what to expect. As a FUT player predominantly it is highly frustrating to see every mechanic exploited. Also it's getting very much more pay to win every year and people dump £1000's in this game purely to get the best team, yet the lifespan of the game is one year. 

EA are masters when it comes to monetize the game. All these kids opening packs in the lure of getting a big name is disgusting (I'd call it gambling personally). 

It's a shame IM guilty of dropping the odd £20 here and there, but it all adds up. 

IN return we get virtually the same game with some nice asthenic improvements but little else. EA are laughing. 

Yeah, I'll always play it. I play casually but I've bought packs once or twice to my shame but try and avoid doing that. Got very very lucky with a nice SIF Eriksen in a pack I bought last season that got me a couple of hundred thousand when I sold him.

I miss playing FIFA 14 where you could still buy coins online. Had a great team.. Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta etc..

9 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

People are still able to go out and play football.

I grew up being able to play theae games but would still be out playing football more often than not.

Presumably you also hate TV, any form of computer or laptop and iPads/tablets.

We have won one international trophy as a nation in over 100 years, these types of games have been out 30ish at most, and only got any real popularity in the last 20.

TL;DR your argument is utter horseshit and you are a troll.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, I'll always play it. I play casually but I've bought packs once or twice to my shame but try and avoid doing that. Got very very lucky with a nice SIF Eriksen in a pack I bought last season that got me a couple of hundred thousand when I sold him.

I miss playing FIFA 14 where you could still buy coins online. Had a great team.. Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta etc..

Yes, I will always buy FIFA regardless it's just how's it's been over the years. 

It's such a shame how they focused so hard on FUT and how to get people to buy more and more packs, it's got worse as the years have gone on, obviously it's a massive cash cow for EA so they put their main focus on FUT. 

Back when FUT was first implemented Ronaldo was 30k etc, those were the days. Now it's either you pay out your ass to get the best players or you lose out. Shame but theirs plenty of low rates gems to use for cheap In Calcio A etc. Key thing is too use the coin boosts early and play offline games for now. 

Yes, I will always buy FIFA regardless it's just how's it's been over the years. 

It's such a shame how they focused so hard on FUT and how to get people to buy more and more packs, it's got worse as the years have gone on, obviously it's a massive cash cow for EA so they put their main focus on FUT. 

Back when FUT was first implemented Ronaldo was 30k etc, those were the days. Now it's either you pay out your ass to get the best players or you lose out. Shame but theirs plenty of low rates gems to use for cheap In Calcio A etc. Key thing is too use the coin boosts early and play offline games for now. 

Who's a good league to build a FUT team with this year do you think?

I usually start out with a cheap yet effective PL team. Mainly physically strong players such as Fellaini, Wanyama, Dembele in midfield supplemented with quick wingers like Townsend and Zaha and a good all round forward like Giroud in a 433.

Think people often underestimate physicality and height as valuable attributes.

21 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

See all the gamers rubbished this...good, message getting through?:yes:

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Who's a good league to build a FUT team with this year do you think?

I usually start out with a cheap yet effective PL team. Mainly physically strong players such as Fellaini, Wanyama, Dembele in midfield supplemented with quick wingers like Townsend and Zaha and a good all round forward like Giroud in a 433.

Think people often underestimate physicality and height as valuable attributes.

Definitely avoid the BPL as everyone floats there and prices are so inflated, so never go go BPL. 

Calcio A is full of cheap gems in every position. Personally as a competitive player I use 41212 narrow, albeit 4231 wide is getting alot of praise this year due to crossing being overpowered and defending being alot harder (so 2 CDMS With 2 wingers being perfect)

For starter teams, always sell BPL players especially today as now it's full release day and people will pay silly prices. IMO Calcio A is the way to go for a cheap overpowered starter team, haven't checked Bunds but they usually have some decent cheap starter players too. 

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

See all the gamers rubbished this...good, message getting through?:yes:

If you're not interested scroll on ☺️☺️. Why keep posting, need attention? Some people have different forms of relaxation, you may read a book some people like music some enjoy gaming. Quit the whining and move to another thread if it bores you.

6 minutes ago, BookEnd said:

The sad thing is that this works. Footballers are paid to "react" to their FUT ratings, and to receive gold versions of themselves for the game. My girlfriend is a teacher, and she says that kids will happily drop £50+ on getting the best teams in FUT. For some kids, it's all they spend their money on...

I still buy the FIFA games most years, but I can't be bothered with FUT. I had big hopes for The Journey last year, but that was ultimately just a short-lived advert for FUT. Hopefully this years installment will be something more.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

People are still able to go out and play football.

I grew up being able to play theae games but would still be out playing football more often than not.

Presumably you also hate TV, any form of computer or laptop and iPads/tablets.

We have won one international trophy as a nation in over 100 years, these types of games have been out 30ish at most, and only got any real popularity in the last 20.

TL;DR your argument is utter horseshit and you are a troll.

I am a Troll because I put up an comment that makes you and others a bit uneasy? You make the point as well as I could, we have not won anything as a nation in Football for over 50 years why? I tell you why because our youth has got soft, rather than do the real thing we simulate the game on a TV monitor, skills are learnt from a young age, kicking a tennis ball or similar around in the streets, or ad hoc games in the park, that is where it starts.

I was part of the internet revolution, in that I worked in IT at the time, I bought all the games for my kids, so yep I do understand, to me they are plain boring now, and depressing, and anyone who spends most of their time on the things well, that must be truly horrendous for their well being. But that's not just me saying this is it, it's a well known fact.

Right I am off fishing somewhere, you know the real thing...I bet you wish you were too 

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I am a Troll because I put up an comment that makes you and others a bit uneasy? You make the point as well as I could, we have not won anything as a nation in Football for over 50 years why? I tell you why because our youth has got soft, rather than do the real thing we simulate the game on a TV monitor, skills are learnt from a young age, kicking a tennis ball or similar around in the streets, or ad hoc games in the park, that is where it starts.

If you attribute some of our failure as a national team to video games, how do you explain us not winning anything since 1966 - 1993 (when the first FIFA was released) then?

The games aren't exclusively played in this country you realise. Have the Spanish or German youth 'gone soft' too then? I can assure you a great many of them play the game as much as we do!

Oh well - enjoy your 'fishing trip' I suppose.

image.png.90ebee8bc1490404ad3591af78f4c447.png

28 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I was part of the internet revolution, in that I worked in IT at the time, I bought all the games for my kids, so yep I do understand, to me they are plain boring now, and depressing, and anyone who spends most of their time on the things well, that must be truly horrendous for their well being. But that's not just me saying this is it, it's a well known fact.

Right I am off fishing somewhere, you know the real thing...I bet you wish you were too 

No, you are a troll because your post doesn't have a point, you are inventing an imaginary reason to try and belittle others for talking about something they enjoy.

If you bought your kids computer games, then by your own logic, you are the reason England haven't won anything. So you are a hypocrite as well.

What was the excuse for England not winning anything from '66 until the mid 90's, as these games didn't get huge popularity until late 90's? Perhaps kids were spending too much time doing other things, ban the skateboard, ban... fishing!

Do I wish I was off fishing (the real thing)? No, it is tedious and dull to me, but I don't go onto any threads about fishing (if there are any) and attempt to belittle others who do enjoy it.

On 22/09/2017 at 22:38, 1bristolcity said:

I don't think you really understand do you? When you start assessing players on that.... then you are deluded.    Really a bit sad, but there you go, I fish, and there is a game called Bass Pro, that is not fishing, anymore than FIFA is football. You should step away from such things, and try the real thing, like football or fishing perhaps, I caught a 12lb plus Barbel Wednesday, it tore off and gave a tremendous fight, you wouldn't get that same feeling with a game, or scoring a goal on FIFA as opposed to actually scoring  Champions League winner... games are OK I suppose up until you take them as seriously as you do, NOT REAL. Probably the main reason we will never win anything in football, kids should be kicking a ball around in the street, to learn a few skills, if I was your Mum I would confiscate your consul :yes:

In which champions league final did you score the winner in (in real life)?

And don't tell people what to do, just because you would rather go fishing than play fifa doesn't mean everyone else on the forum wants to.

Also, if he wants to take it seriously then so what..? How does that affect you? I'm a pretty competitive person even when playing fifa and still find it really fun.

There are actually worldwide tournaments now with people winning over a million from winning it and I bet they got a good feeling from winning that (even money aside).

I'm saying all this as a person who prefers to do things in real life such as play football etc but can appreciate games such as Fifa.

8 hours ago, BookEnd said:

Definitely avoid the BPL as everyone floats there and prices are so inflated, so never go go BPL. 

Calcio A is full of cheap gems in every position. Personally as a competitive player I use 41212 narrow, albeit 4231 wide is getting alot of praise this year due to crossing being overpowered and defending being alot harder (so 2 CDMS With 2 wingers being perfect)

For starter teams, always sell BPL players especially today as now it's full release day and people will pay silly prices. IMO Calcio A is the way to go for a cheap overpowered starter team, haven't checked Bunds but they usually have some decent cheap starter players too. 

I got a BPL team, cost about 100k I won't spend anymore on it tho.

I only ever spend very little on packs, sort of like a scratch card tbh just an occasional purchase. I don't see the point in buying packs when you can get packs through doing the Championship. 

I'm quite a good trader tho and already have made 300k transfer profit. 

30 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I got a BPL team, cost about 100k I won't spend anymore on it tho.

I only ever spend very little on packs, sort of like a scratch card tbh just an occasional purchase. I don't see the point in buying packs when you can get packs through doing the Championship. 

I'm quite a good trader tho and already have made 300k transfer profit. 

Yep, if you have the time at work, or chilling at home trading on the app is the way to go tbh. 

Think I brought 30x Joe harts for under 1k they all sold today for 4k everyone goes to the BPL so big money to be made

I got a bunds/calio A team to rotate when I play squad battles offline with coin boosts. So many cheap gems to use for example (brooks and Tah as CB for the bunds team) basically discard price. While I can sell a awful bpl Ashley Williams Everton card for 2k...sitting on 100k waiting for the market crash on the weekend when everyone goes pack crazy due to full release and the ones to watch being released.

1 hour ago, Richwilkins50 said:

Have they actually put Ashton Gate on here yet or still the generic stadium they usually use for the ‘smaller’ clubs

ATM it's only prem teams or prem teams that have been relegated recently. 

They do have Fratton Park though because a developer on the game died of cancer and he was a huge pompey fan. If you play at that stadium you'll see a wreath of flowers in the game in remembrance. 

1 hour ago, BookEnd said:

Yep, if you have the time at work, or chilling at home trading on the app is the way to go tbh. 

Think I brought 30x Joe harts for under 1k they all sold today for 4k everyone goes to the BPL so big money to be made

I got a bunds/calio A team to rotate when I play squad battles offline with coin boosts. So many cheap gems to use for example (brooks and Tah as CB for the bunds team) basically discard price. While I can sell a awful bpl Ashley Williams Everton card for 2k...sitting on 100k waiting for the market crash on the weekend when everyone goes pack crazy due to full release and the ones to watch being released.

I've never really gone for players as been burnt a few times. Pretty much just stick to consumables,  buy low and sell for a few hundred more and can store them in my club for the months ahead.

Just done pre-season with City.

Elliasson is a fantastic place, full of pace with a great final ball. 

Bobby is like Bobby, great runs. Diedhiou holds the ball up very well. 

Johnson has a team with great balance so I don't actually need or want to buy anyone. My only difference to real life is to loan Vyner out short term. 

I'm on world class but am finding that a little too easy.

Archived