Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

brizzlelou

Bristol City on FIFA 18 (Merged)

Recommended Posts

I got it played it about 3 times. The players movement is more realistic. However build up play seems to be slower than 17. 

Pens have reverted back to 16 rules but with L2 and R2 (PS4) slowing or speeding up the run up. 

Will probably take some getting used to, but the visuals do look good. Especially the crowds 3D modeling

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Career Mode is loads better. Clauses, sell on %s and proper meetings similar to the Journey. On UT the walkout/pack animation is the best yet too

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who has FIFA 17 has the FIFA 18 beta. It's pretty much the same game. It's got a few things to talk about I guess. Granted I've only played against the computer but here are a few things.

The movement and touch of world class players seems a bit better. Players like Huguain, Lewandoski and Kane were hard to use because they didn't have the pace. In the few games I've played, it's easier to get shots with players like them. Also, shots and passes aren't blocked or intercepted as much. 

To add to that, the passing is a bit better. The passing and dribbling feels a bit slower but that's helped get your passes to go where you want more often. You can actually play a through ball through a couple defenders to a winger cutting in behind on the floor. Last years that pass is only possible in the air. 

A big change is in career mode where you can negotiate pretty much everything from sell on clauses to signing on bonuses which come from your transfer budget. These are done in cut scenes which can get tedious and long but I believe you can skip through them though I never managed it. I look forward to it as always but does seem mostly the same game as 17 and one of these days I'll give pro evo a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Relevance ? It is a Game, for all the 'stats' realistic sprites game play it is just a Game, please put this on non Football chat. 

Football is a game. The chat was quite clear what it was and yet you chose to open it then chose to comment on it. Ever heard the saying if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? So if the thread doesn't apply to you just ignore it 

Edited by JoeAman08
  • Like 3
  • Rubbish 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Football is a game. The chat was quite clear what it was and yet you chose to open it then chose to comment on it. Ever heard the saying if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? So if the thread doesn't apply to you just ignore it 

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

  • Confused 1
  • Snake 1
  • Rubbish 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

But FIFA is about football...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

Completely agree, I don't think I can even contemplate coming back on this forum knowing there's a FIFA 18 thread in the football forum!!! :shocking:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I made a comment that it should not be on the 'football' page, but on non-football chat where all other things are discussed, including if you like video games, this has nothing to do with real football, so why devalue the Forum?   

You are coming across pretty pedantic. 

It's not like we are saturated in video game discussion on this forum. I don't even play FIFA but people do and its a point of discussion that relates to football. 

I can see no issue with that personally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

You are coming across pretty pedantic. 

It's not like we are saturated in video game discussion on this forum. I don't even play FIFA but people do and its a point of discussion that relates to football. 

I can see no issue with that personally.

I don't have a problem with it too, just needs to be put in Non Football Chat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It replicates football...it is not real, non football, = non football chat.

Rovers replicate football (apparently) but there is a thread on here about them...

Does it really matter..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It replicates football...it is not real, non football, = non football chat.

That's being very picky there lad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Rovers replicate football (apparently) but there is a thread on here about them...

Does it really matter..

Rovers matter to an awful lot of folk on here, we even have a huge thread dedicated to them, put that where the sun don't shine too.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@1bristolcity

Can you not see that by constantly posting on this thread you are bumping it up to the top of the forum, granting it more attention and posts (such as this one).

I don't particularly rate FIFA (its been getting worse for 15 ish years) or have that much interest, but as above, you are generating more attention and posts on the thread by having a really picky and extremely unimportant argument.

Just don't respond (or even read the thread, its clear what it was about!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That's being very picky there lad 

Not a lad, and I do remember real football, when the wage cap was twenty shillings a week, and the games we used to play was cowboys and Indians on the bomb sites in Bristol, and to go and watch City cost a a threepenny bit, and from the change off a tanner we bought a Jubilee Bag that had sweets and a free toy...there was no Sports Bra down the Gate, the tea was cold and brown, and if you needed a pee make sure you really needed to go..we all stood and sang and the football was grand, no subs just Buster with the magic sponge...Kids to-day eh? Just hope there's not another bl00dy war.:facepalm:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

@1bristolcity

Can you not see that by constantly posting on this thread you are bumping it up to the top of the forum, granting it more attention and posts (such as this one).

I don't particularly rate FIFA (its been getting worse for 15 ish years) or have that much interest, but as above, you are generating more attention and posts on the thread by having a really picky and extremely unimportant argument.

Just don't respond (or even read the thread, its clear what it was about!)

What is the point in not replying,? Where would we all be unless someone takes responsibility for all this nonsense? :shifty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What is the point in not replying,? Where would we all be unless someone takes responsibility for all this nonsense? :shifty:

Well the thread would be close to dropping off the front page for a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not a lad, and I do remember real football, when the wage cap was twenty shillings a week, and the games we used to play was cowboys and Indians on the bomb sites in Bristol, and to go and watch City cost a a threepenny bit, and from the change off a tanner we bought a Jubilee Bag that had sweets and a free toy...there was no Sports Bra down the Gate, the tea was cold and brown, and if you needed a pee make sure you really needed to go..we all stood and sang and the football was grand, no subs just Buster with the magic sponge...Kids to-day eh? Just hope there's not another bl00dy war.:facepalm:

 

And that all sounds like a jolly time, however it's now 2017 and like it or not, FIFA games are very much a part of modern football culture, so absolutely warrant a place in the main football forum. 

Like if I see a thread around some 70's based stuff that I'm not fussed about, I just don't read it and let those interested get on and have a nice time chatting about it.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ago said:

And that all sounds like a jolly time, however it's now 2017 and like it or not, FIFA games are very much a part of modern football culture, so absolutely warrant a place in the main football forum. 

Like if I see a thread around some 70's based stuff that I'm not fussed about, I just don't read it and let those interested get on and have a nice time chatting about it.  

 

Jolly? I don't know about Jolly, but it was real...they could have a 'nice' time' chatting about it on the Non Footie Forum, and the 'adults' can get on with more pressing matters on here... what is the saying about kids and not being heard? Bad enough suffering the wimmins game without all this kids stuff too :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Jolly? I don't know about Jolly, but it was real...they could have a 'nice' time' chatting about it on the Non Footie Forum, and the 'adults' can get on with more pressing matters on here... what is the saying about kids and not being heard? Bad enough suffering the wimmins game without all this kids stuff too :whistle:

 

IMG_0726.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Jolly? I don't know about Jolly, but it was real...they could have a 'nice' time' chatting about it on the Non Footie Forum, and the 'adults' can get on with more pressing matters on here... what is the saying about kids and not being heard? Bad enough suffering the wimmins game without all this kids stuff too :whistle:

Nothing more real than the pain you suffer when you concede a last minute equaliser to some Glaswegian 12 year old in FIFA Ultimate team. 

Realer than Buster Footman's magic sponge will ever be. :thumbsup:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it someone on this forum who was in charge of the Bristol City ratings? If not I'll try find em all when the web app comes out and post on here. I can't wait to see who's criminally underrated. My guess is Bryan and Reid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Was it someone on this forum who was in charge of the Bristol City ratings? If not I'll try find em all when the web app comes out and post on here. I can't wait to see who's criminally underrated. My guess is Bryan and Reid

Reid will be. Bryan is quite fairly rated. It's not the same anymore with the new game. They update every week nowadays and I imagine most will be very similar to their FIFA 17 ratings. Only the best of seasons will get a championship player a decent upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reid will be 76 rated next year after he takes home his golden boot, carabao cup and championship league winners medals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally alright I'd say, Reid's only this low at the moment as he's only just moved to being a striker and performing to a high standard, if he keeps it up he'll get an good boost when they update later in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with ratings is that they're mainly based on last seasons performances. In H2H seasons they get updated weekly or after each matchday. Currently building my City team in UT.  Also got Wright and Taylor on the bench but don't have any coins left. I have early access so I'll play a couple of games tomorrow with them.Untitled.thumb.jpg.291e562061ca4cc80ff965cb237e30ef.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Those ratings are a travesty imo but it's FIFA and they don't care about second divisions unless you're Villa or Newcastle. 

Yeah, sorry I used to do the stats for Bristol City but gave up after 15 or 16 as it was too time consuming and the pay wasn't great for the time spent on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Yeah, sorry I used to do the stats for Bristol City but gave up after 15 or 16 as it was too time consuming and the pay wasn't great for the time spent on it.

How do they rate them mate? Based on stats or you physically watching them and giving an opinion? I wouldn't blame whoever does ours as I think FIFA just puts less into the game for a second division than they would anyone else. The championship especially I think could use more work from them. Leko, Paterson and Baker in particular are quite poor imo for example. I don't know how they would've gotten their data to rate them how they've done. I'm not saying they're gold standard players but Pato and Baker could use another 1-2 on their overall. I know Leko hasn't played much senior football but it's clear his dribbling, physical and passing are more than what FIFA presents just watching him a couple times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the beta come with any of the new journey mode? I was a fan of last year's installment, despite it being quite short and basically ending up as an advert for FUT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope for the journey this year that once the story narrative ends rather than just being over it turns into a be a pro career. 

Edited by hodge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't produce our stats but I have a say in them. I could of course raise any constructive feedback where deemed necessary.

Directly addressing a players overall rating wouldn't be considered but the individual attributes making up the overall rating can be regularly reviewed with enough evidence to support any increase/decrease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MC26 said:

I don't produce our stats but I have a say in them. I could of course raise any constructive feedback where deemed necessary.

Directly addressing a players overall rating wouldn't be considered but the individual attributes making up the overall rating can be regularly reviewed with enough evidence to support any increase/decrease.

Reid's shooting 80 passing 80 and dribbling 80 and bit highly physical :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×