Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Fordy62

Saturday betting thread - who's losing with me?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Long may it continue. I'm still betting in the old fashion way as my results today show!!!

Pick em out Friday night, take it down to Lee Saturday morning, he phones them in to his unofficial Bookie and every 3 years he knocks on my door with some winnings:P

I tend to bet less than £10 on accumulators but this way of backing enhanced prices tends to work.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh. The skybet one. How often do you think it comes in?

I'd say it must come in about 7/10, never massive odds but I make enough from it that I don't have to touch my own money. Paddy Power also do a similar bet that comes in fairly regularly but you are limited to £20 on that one where as I'm limited to £37.50 on the SkyBet one.

SkyBets enhanced correct score is normally okay as well but that one means you betting on both teams most of the time so you're guaranteed to lose one (unless you cash out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I tend to bet less than £10 on accumulators but this way of backing enhanced prices tends to work.

I'd say it must come in about 7/10, never massive odds but I make enough from it that I don't have to touch my own money. Paddy Power also do a similar bet that comes in fairly regularly but you are limited to £20 on that one where as I'm limited to £37.50 on the SkyBet one.

SkyBets enhanced correct score is normally okay as well but that one means you betting on both teams most of the time so you're guaranteed to lose one (unless you cash out).

You're limited to £37-50?

i tried to put a ton on it today but it'd only let me do £25. You must be a fave of theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'm terrible with betting, another loss today! I had the following at 77/1 off a fiver..

Man United

Preston

City

Accrington Stanley

Shrewsbury

 

To be fair not one of your teams lost. It's small margins.

You nearly had 5 draws up not that would be a decent pay out;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

To be fair not one of your teams lost. It's small margins.

You nearly had 5 draws up not that would be a decent pay out;)

Wouldn't it just! 

My other bet wasn't too far away. Result and BTTS

Leeds

Wolves

Bradford

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I should give up. Rovers going to extra time did my 8 fold Tuesday and Real Madrid did for my 10 fold Wednesday. Derby, Preston and QPR meant another loss for a 10 fold today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You're limited to £37-50?

i tried to put a ton on it today but it'd only let me do £25. You must be a fave of theirs. 

I used to be allowed £50 on the horse racing (money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd) but they dropped that to £20 now so I guessed I'd upset them.

The enhanced treble is done every Saturday & Tuesday mate, definitely worth backing, I now have 8 pairs of brand new unworn trainers out of my proceeds :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think I should give up. Rovers going to extra time did my 8 fold Tuesday and Real Madrid did for my 10 fold Wednesday. Derby, Preston and QPR meant another loss for a 10 fold today.

The secret is to not back large amounts of teams, do doubles, trebles or 4 folds & if you must back a lot of teams only put a quid or two on it (my personal advice anyway) as you will very rarely win on big team accas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think I should give up. Rovers going to extra time did my 8 fold Tuesday and Real Madrid did for my 10 fold Wednesday. Derby, Preston and QPR meant another loss for a 10 fold today.

Don't it always come down to last minute goals?

If you've got them all winning with 2mins left you know its going to go tits up. it's that 93rd minute goal that puts you in or out!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people understand how 'limiting' works with bookies. If you are limited with a large acca it is to cut the risk of their losses. It's nothing to do with you, it'll be the same with everyone.

 

Limiting is when your account is banned from all promotions and limited to roughly a £3 max bet on shorter odds and lower on longer.

 

For example this is the message 365 send when limiting:

https://gyazo.com/dbb0b102ce52fb35aad9d8f7061fc1d5

 

If I want to place a bet with more than £3 stake I have to phone their trading team... That's how limiting/restricting works. I'd chop a limb of to get £10 accas every weekend on! Back to the exchanges for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I don't think people understand how 'limiting' works with bookies. If you are limited with a large acca it is to cut the risk of their losses. It's nothing to do with you, it'll be the same with everyone.

 

Limiting is when your account is banned from all promotions and limited to roughly a £3 max bet on shorter odds and lower on longer.

 

For example this is the message 365 send when limiting:

https://gyazo.com/dbb0b102ce52fb35aad9d8f7061fc1d5

 

If I want to place a bet with more than £3 stake I have to phone their trading team... That's how limiting/restricting works. I'd chop a limb of to get £10 accas every weekend on! Back to the exchanges for me...

Ladbrokes have limited me to £1 a bet!! No warning I when I questioned it they said they weren't able to make any money out of me!! Strange that because a) I've hardly ever won anything with them online & b) before things went online I always used Ladbrokes to place my bets by going into my local shop & they never had any issues taking my money then!! Hasten to add, my Ladbrokes account is no more & I wouldn't go into one of their shops if it was the only one left available!!

As for your explanation, how do you explain why I'm allowed to bet £37.50 on one bet while Fordy can only do £25 on the same bet or why I was once allowed to bet £50 on a certain bet but now I'm limited to £20 as I was when I opened my account?

Edited by Tipps69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh. The skybet one. How often do you think it comes in?

It came in on Tuesday but not last Saturday due to Leeds losing at Wall, came in the Tuesday and Saturday the week before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×