IGNORED

To pass it or leather it?

cidered abroad

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I seriously wonder if modern footballers and coaches really have forgotten how to put the foot through a ball and really clobber it.

What's your preference? Pat or Blast.

Depends entirely on the situation. 

If you're getting closed down and can't pass - then leather it.

but......if you're taking a penalty then you have a distinct choice. Place it or whack it......

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Depends entirely on the situation. 

If you're getting closed down and can't pass - then leather it.

but......if you're taking a penalty then you have a distinct choice. Place it or whack it......

Correct,always leather it to the side on penalties and unless the keeper is a cat it won't be saved 

In old school boots just toe punt it as hard as you can at the centre of the goal, if you have no idea where the balls going the keeper’s got no chance.

See also bowling and batting technique, those good at sports tend to get quite aggravated when the opposition don’t conform.  Running up the pitch as a batsman against a spinner so you hit it before it touches the ground really winds them up, especially if done so one handed.

I’d suggest that technique only for friendly games though.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

In old school boots just toe punt it as hard as you can at the centre of the goal, if you have no idea where the balls going the keeper’s got no chance.

See also bowling and batting technique, those good at sports tend to get quite aggravated when the opposition don’t conform.  Running up the pitch as a batsman against a spinner so you hit it before it touches the ground really winds them up, especially if done so one handed.

I’d suggest that technique only for friendly games though.

Toe punt :laugh: true tho but ronaldo does it a fair bit it's not called a toe punt anymore,it has a fancy dan name but we all know it's a punt

Archived