IGNORED

The return of Eros

Negan

What happens when our Italian stallion returns to full fitness? He should go straight in at RB and I’d hope LJ does do that. Question is does Bailey take back his RCB position or will Lee keep Flinty there and bench the club captain?.. 

Its a nice problem to have, all these quality players fighting for a starting place. It’s a tough one but I think I’d have to bench Flinty and let BW partner Baker as it was working perfectly before. 

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

What happens when our Italian stallion returns to full fitness? He should go straight in at RB and I’d hope LJ does do that. Question is does Bailey take back his RCB position or will Lee keep Flinty there and bench the club captain?.. 

Its a nice problem to have, all these quality players fighting for a starting place. It’s a tough one but I think I’d have to bench Flinty and let BW partner Baker as it was working perfectly before. 

Just not quite as perfectly as now :shifty:

Personally i'd stick with the same defence until we need to change it

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

we go 352   Eros  and our Joe as wing backs

5 hours ago, Negan said:

you  are joking hopefully the best centre back pairing is Baker an flint johnson ****** up by making him captain  sort that out Bryan an the italian fullbacks thats  your best back four

It's a great problem to have, I think you could have any two of Baker, Flint or Bailey and have a decent pair. Baker gets the nod for most because he likes to play on the other side to Flint and Bailey. I'd personally go for Bailey but I'm glad it not actually my choice. Whoever misses out is unlucky and LJ is going to also upset some fans with whoever he picks. 

I'd actually complicate things further and suggest Vyner should be playing Tuesday. He should be rested, it a home game so he should be well supported and if we're not going to play him in home games against clubs like Bolton when Eros is injured he really should be out on loan.

4 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

you  are joking hopefully the best centre back pairing is Baker an flint johnson ****** up by making him captain  sort that out Bryan an the italian fullbacks thats  your best back four

Question: How has Johnson "****** up" by making Wright captain?

He appears to be respected by the squad, is a good organiser, a good defender and has been integral to our good run - both at RB and CH.

As shown by Reading, if felt right, LJ has also shown he'll leave him on the bench.

Personally, I (and others per this thread), see Baker and Wright as our best CH combo. You can prefer Flint - your prerogative, but to suggest LJ has "******* up" when a man who has played all bar 1 league game and done well may just start ahead of him is a bit juvenile.

5 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

With respect, being club captain doesn't gaurentee you a place on the pitch and i imagine it's as much an off field decision. To see Lee has "****** up" without any knowledge of what goes on off the pitch and what his influence and character is like is just an excuse to have a dig at LJ tbh.

I personally feel Wright and Baker are our best CB options. I rate Flint highly but is he going to be here for the long haul? I doubt it. Mind you if the season keeps going as it does for both us and Birmingham he should be thanking the club for not letting him go!

So based on the uncertainty of Flints long term future I feel more obliged to get Wright and Baker as a consistent partnership. Can only benefit us. 

You don't change a formation that's getting you results. Put your best player in each position which for me is: Pisano, Wright, Baker, Bryan.

With the busy schedule this can be moved around and having someone like Flint on the bench is a great position to be in.

Even more so when we need a goal at the end of a game, stick him up top as target man.

10 hours ago, Big C said:

We got the two games next week then another break. Think he will go with the present incumbents and ease Eros back in after the break. Maybe give him time of the bench if fit in the next two 

Indeed. 

Its not as if City are in desperate need of a RB. Wright has fitted in there well and Vyner is another option.

LJ said that Eros can still feel the injury and that maybe they had him scanned prematurely.

The player in possession keeps the shirt, unless injuries or form dictate otherwise imo. Makes me laugh that people are suggesting changing personnel & formation after the results/performances we have had. Something that LJ got battered for last season! Don't get me wrong, I rate Eros & he seems very popular. But it can only be good for the squad to see that you will be given a chance & its up to you to keep hold of your shirt. COYR 

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Would give this more than one like if I could-if Baker & Flint are fit it would be crazy not to pair them.

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would give this more than one like if I could-if Baker & Flint are fit it would be crazy not to pair them.

Isn’t our ‘goals conceded’ slightly worse with Flint in the side? :P

Not really sure what I’d do if it were up to me. We have a good range of personnel with different skill sets.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We have a good range of personnel with different skill sets.

We have and that's down to LJ and MA recruitment strategy.

Ive posted before that in all the years I've been watching City that the club is more healthy now both on and off the pitch than its ever been.

It seems that SLs decision to support LJ through last seasons dark times was the right decision.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We have and that's down to LJ and MA recruitment strategy.

Ive posted before that in all the years I've been watching City that the club is more healthy now both on and off the pitch than its ever been.

It seems that SLs decision to support LJ through last seasons dark times was the right decision.

I think you've posted this nigh on 60 times now with slightly different wording on various threads this season 

Archived