IGNORED

Flag Set-Up - Volunteers required

Harry

Hi folks, 

Some of you may have seen on other threads that we're struggling a little this season in terms of putting up and clearing down the flags in the unreserved corner of the South Stand. We thought that for the first couple of games this season it looked great in that corner and we really had high hopes of creating lots of colour in there, every game. 

Unfortunately it's not really worked out as we'd hoped and you may have noticed the last few games there haven't been any flags displayed. The reason for this is twofold : 

1) We are only a very small number of fans, and due to other commitments this year (whether holiday, childcare, travel arrangements), not all of us have been available to get down to the ground early enough and in good enough numbers to set up. 

2) There have been some barriers put up by the club in terms of the ease of arranging and organising all of this. When in the Atyeo we had a couple of lock-ups in the concourse where we stored the flags within easy reach to set up and pack away. We were also able to leave the flags up if there was no rugby fixture between our next game. Both circumstances have now changed, so we now have to clear up entirely after every game and lugging 30+ hanging flags and 200+ wavey's to the exact opposite end of the ground has proven time consuming (not to mention somewhat demoralising). 

We will hopefully soon have an alternative solution to our storage situation, but we do still have a lack of numbers to be able to set up and clear down for every match. 

We're therefore on a recruitment campaign. We'd love to hear from any of you who might be able to help (even if only now and again rather than every week). I propose to gather names of interested persons and will set up a Facebook messaging group to co-ordinate the set up for each game (i.e. confirm numbers pre and post match, times to meet, info on any bespoke displays we might do etc). This way, we can get an understanding of how many volunteers we have each game and what size of set up we can create. 

To give you an idea, currently there are anything between 4-8 of us who can regularly make it pre match to set up, and another 3-4 guys who've helped clear up post match. For pre match set up, we tend to arrive at Ashton Gate at around 10:30-11 ish and it's generally around 90 mins or so to set everything up. Post match can take 30-45 mins to clear it all down. 

If any of you would like to offer your support and think you can come to AG for 11am (between 5-6 on evening games), then please let me know. I'll set up a messenger group and provide details of when/where to be for each game, and depending on numbers available will determine how much we can do. 

Cheers

Harry (on behalf of Section 82)

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi folks, 

Some of you may have seen on other threads that we're struggling a little this season in terms of putting up and clearing down the flags in the unreserved corner of the South Stand. We thought that for the first couple of games this season it looked great in that corner and we really had high hopes of creating lots of colour in there, every game. 

Unfortunately it's not really worked out as we'd hoped and you may have noticed the last few games there haven't been any flags displayed. The reason for this is twofold : 

1) We are only a very small number of fans, and due to other commitments this year (whether holiday, childcare, travel arrangements), not all of us have been available to get down to the ground early enough and in good enough numbers to set up. 

2) There have been some barriers put up by the club in terms of the ease of arranging and organising all of this. When in the Atyeo we had a couple of lock-ups in the concourse where we stored the flags within easy reach to set up and pack away. We were also able to leave the flags up if there was no rugby fixture between our next game. Both circumstances have now changed, so we now have to clear up entirely after every game and lugging 30+ hanging flags and 200+ wavey's to the exact opposite end of the ground has proven time consuming (not to mention somewhat demoralising). 

We will hopefully soon have an alternative solution to our storage situation, but we do still have a lack of numbers to be able to set up and clear down for every match. 

We're therefore on a recruitment campaign. We'd love to hear from any of you who might be able to help (even if only now and again rather than every week). I propose to gather names of interested persons and will set up a Facebook messaging group to co-ordinate the set up for each game (i.e. confirm numbers pre and post match, times to meet, info on any bespoke displays we might do etc). This way, we can get an understanding of how many volunteers we have each game and what size of set up we can create. 

To give you an idea, currently there are anything between 4-8 of us who can regularly make it pre match to set up, and another 3-4 guys who've helped clear up post match. For pre match set up, we tend to arrive at Ashton Gate at around 10:30-11 ish and it's generally around 90 mins or so to set everything up. Post match can take 30-45 mins to clear it all down. 

If any of you would like to offer your support and think you can come to AG for 11am (between 5-6 on evening games), then please let me know. I'll set up a messenger group and provide details of when/where to be for each game, and depending on numbers available will determine how much we can do. 

Cheers

Harry (on behalf of Section 82)

I can't be down there because of where I live, is there any other way I can support you lads?

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Harry on a Saturday me and my boy will help out from 10.30 for a hour. Might not be every Saturday . But willing to help out when we can. 

Nice one. Could you please send me a private message with your name / Facebook details. I'll add you to the group. 

Archived