IGNORED

Bolton .... what a coincidence...

WhistleHappy

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are Bolton still having financial problems, or did they get saved last season? Sure a former player of theirs was part of some group who took them over.

Dean Holdsworth wasn't it? resigned along with the rest of the consortium at the beginning of this season. 

Edit: A loan secured against club assets, hmmm now where have we heard that before?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41095212 

19 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Unless we are still paying some of his wages like JET with Ipswich.

19 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

He'd just signed a 1 year extension? Therefor under contract 

I still don't see a problem, either he has a nice pay off for services rendered or Bolton have picked up his wages. not exactly missing him right now are we?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I still don't see a problem, either he has a nice pay off for services rendered or Bolton have picked up his wages. not exactly missing him right now are we?

He was a great servant and true professional but like @joe jordans teeth says, it's a business, Rooney was a great servant to Man Utd but was still sold, etc etc

I'll tell you something now, there have been 5 or 6 games already this season where a 20 to 30 minute appearance by Wilbs would have been very welcome and could have gained us a few extra points already. His experience of leading the line and holding the ball up towards the end of a game have been badly missed. Might have picked up a goal or two too.

19 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

I'll tell you something now, there have been 5 or 6 games already this season where a 20 to 30 minute appearance by Wilbs would have been very welcome and could have gained us a few extra points already. His experience of leading the line and holding the ball up towards the end of a game have been badly missed. Might have picked up a goal or two too.

I'd happily wager that we've got more points this season by having other players on the pitch than we've lost by not having Wilbs there! 

Big fan of Wilbs & the job he did for us, but we have progressed now. 

Wish him all the best at Bolton, apart from their games against us, obviously. 

3 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

in full agreement with you , sad he felt he had to go back up north ,

3 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

I'm happy with the progress being made right now by the 'next generation' things are going well and in the right direction .... on the other hand, if we could have retained a 'happy to stay down south' Wilbs for a few more months I think he'd still be (to use a GJ'ism) a handy old club to have in the bag.

I believe there's truth in the saying - 'where there's a Wilb there's a way' ... and there may be times this campaign when he could've done a favour or two.... That said things are looking pretty good for the current well balanced City squad and the way LJ &co have them playing... COYR's!

19 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Recently had their embargo lifted, bit of a mystery how they signed Wilbs for an undisclosed fee while still under the embargo.

I think it was a free transfer but got announced as an undisclosed fee for some strange reason.

Archived