IGNORED

Advertising Boards

hinsleburg

41 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Explained in previous post 

Hi Mark,

I appreciate you coming on here and answering certain questions about this. I’ve noticed though that myself, @lenred and @spudski amongst others have asked you questions which have been ignored. Instead you’ve just posted short (and slightly unhelpful) responses to others like the above.

I know it’s outside business hours now so I don’t necessarily expect much this evening. But would you mind responding to my queries about SAG and how to get in touch and whether or not you could explore them having a representative on here.

Thanks

@Phileas Fogg I have no idea regarding  the SAG  I can only suggest you get in touch via the Council help desk or send me an email requesting it and I can forward it

I suggest for further dialogue, come along to the next FAN meeting and raise it again or if you would all 3 collectively like to meet myself and Dave Storr then make contact and we can explain face to face

3 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

@Phileas Fogg I have no idea regarding  the SAG  I can only suggest you get in touch via the Council help desk or send me an email requesting it and I can forward it

I suggest for further dialogue, come along to the next FAN meeting and raise it again or if you would all 3 collectively like to meet myself and Dave Storr then make contact and we can explain face to face

Thanks Mark. Are you able to share their email on here? Surely it can’t be that secretive.

I have been meaning to attend a FAN meeting so will try and come work permitting.

Overall I think the stadium is good so I hope you don’t feel people are having a go unnecessarily. With the SLO mystery you’re our main port of call for things like this - hence the many questions.

Apart from the brightness could we not get Halloween or at least September out of the way before advertising Christmas events?! Bloody hell I thought it was bad over here.

And I miss the Embassy Cigars sign. Whatever happened to that?  I appreciate it's not the most practical piece of Gate memorabilia but did anybody pick up this iconic piece?

17 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

See post #38 on previous page☝️

It's post #39 I think but anyway.....you say in the post 'Due to the nature of the new stands, the rake, the need for CCTV in key areas and just general safety,  the lightening needs to remain on.'  

I'm sorry but this doesn't answer anything.  The nature of what about the new stands? What is so different to our new stands in comparison to Wembley and countless others that have been quoted?   The need for CCTV in what key areas and for what reason? What is the worry all of s sudden about specific areas of the stadium. Should we know what these concerns are so fans can take special precautions? And again why is AG such a special case? What does the rake have to do with it? We have had steep stands for a long time, so why is it suddenly an issue now? And what general safety issues are there that are specific to BCFC as opppsed to other stadiums and places of entertainment? I was at a music gig that had 5k people at it on Sunday night and apart from the stage lighting it was pitch black everywhere else, including standing, seating and disabled areas. The same act played at a bigger concert arena on Monday  which holds 20k with the same set up. Everyone got on just fine and it happens every night across the country. Why is BCFC different? 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks Mark. Are you able to share their email on here? Surely it can’t be that secretive.

I have been meaning to attend a FAN meeting so will try and come work permitting.

Overall I think the stadium is good so I hope you don’t feel people are having a go unnecessarily. With the SLO mystery you’re our main port of call for things like this - hence the many questions.

The SAG really do appear to operate from an underground bunker.

This document is pretty much the only information publicly available: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/353013/response/890315/attach/3/Safety at Sports Grounds Procedure Document v4.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Heather Clarke was the lead contact at the council but I have no idea whether that is still the case.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

This document is pretty much the only information publicly available: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/353013/response/890315/attach/3/Safety at Sports Grounds Procedure Document v4.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Heather Clarke was the lead contact at the council but I have no idea whether that is still the case.

Thanks - that’s the sort of thing I was after. Would be so much easier if they were accessible and accountable.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very happy to attend a meeting also if it's necessary. Cheers. 

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

If Heather Clarke is still in charge, her email would be heather.clarke@Bristol.gov.uk 

With respect to Mr Kelly, it's all well and good being invited to a meeting, to be explained to, face to face...but I'm really not sure that is going to make a difference to all the other fans at the ground that aren't happy.

All fans want is action taken to rectify the situation....not explanations. They want actions.

The lighting is not fit for purpose.

With respect...I, or anyone else doesn't need to be told it's for 'safety,' as that would not hold water.

If you pay good money to watch a game/anything, be it sport or entertainment, and you can't do so without feeling discomfort, anxious or irritated, then something needs to be done to rectify the situation.

Already one person on here has stated that they won't go to night games now, because of the problem.

This problem will only increase as the nights draw in over the autumn and winter months.

I really am getting the impression, that it's an issue that is going to be brushed under the carpet and not dealt with any urgency.

14 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Perhaps SAG representatives could be invited to the next FAN meeting to answer questions directly. 

:rofl2br:

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not actually a bad idea, takes some of the mystery away.

The SC&T have been making official representations to the club for quite some time for us to be invited to the SAG meetings, as it is recommended they have a fan as part of the group. So far we have been refused (not by the club, by the other members of the SAG) we asked the police rep (another Julie) again at the FAN if now the stadium redevelopment is done can we now be invited to the SAG meetings, as the reasons given before were because of the redevelopment. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The SC&T have been making official representations to the club for quite some time for us to be invited to the SAG meetings, as it is recommended they have a fan as part of the group. So far we have been refused (not by the club, by the other members of the SAG) we asked the police rep (another Julie) again at the FAN if now the stadium redevelopment is done can we now be invited to the SAG meetings, as the reasons given before were because of the redevelopment. 

That’s very disappointing. Remaining mysterious is just going to breed contempt about issues like this where clearly dialogue is required.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not actually a bad idea, takes some of the mystery away.

Yes, I agree. They wouldn't attend anyway though, clearly if they had any intention of being open, honest and direct they would be answering questions already, even if we didn't like the answers.

As you've discovered yourself, it's hard enough even in the age of the internet to find out anything about them. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Completely agree with you. Believe me we are as frustrated as most on here are. 

Unelected quangos like this are an annoyance of mine - especially when all they appear to do is make things a bit more difficult for (in this instance) fans.

I understand the need for health and safety and appreciate that the club will be cautious about certain things. What I don’t understand about this decision is why it’s needed.

This forum is popular with a range of opinions - and this issue is a rarity as the fans seem totally united about it. There’s no logical reason for all the internal lights during the game. Usually, with any topic on here, you’ll get some debate - but none on this. That’s telling.

It clearly needs to be explained and demand indicates a compromise is required. SAG don’t do themselves, or people like Mark, any favours by being so unaccountable for their decisions.

At Fenway Park in Boston they also have numerous luminous/blinding advertising signs but they are situated higher, above the crowd and I have no problem watching the game, seeing the ball and the players.  Obviously different sport and shape of stadium but maybe an option to move the AG boards to the top of our stands ?

22 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Noted.  It was set to 50% today which is standard for evening games. I agree there were times it was v bright.  This will be reduced at next evening game accordingly 

Mark

I first raised this issue of the glare of the Advertising after the Plymouth cup game - the white Caraboa advertising was horrendous from the Lansdown, and some of my friends in the away end mentioned they could hardly see anything from there also - not an impression you want to give visitingnfans. 

You state the lights are set at 50% - that clearly means they can be set to 25%. 

Can I suggest you set them to a lower % and then sit in then Lansdown and see what we see - I am in Row 15 - come and join me and you can truly see the experience we are all moaning about. 

13 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

At Fenway Park in Boston they also have numerous luminous/blinding advertising signs but they are situated higher, above the crowd and I have no problem watching the game, seeing the ball and the players.  Obviously different sport and shape of stadium but maybe an option to move the AG boards to the top of our stands ?

Great looking stadium but, how on earth do you watch our games from there?

Seriously though, I wear glasses and it was almost painful to watch last night, especially the Sky Bet adverts,  so so bright.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but from what has been posted by Mr Kelly, is that he is personally liable for the safety certificate, and any problems that arise...hence taking the advice of the 'experts'.

If he were to go against the advice of the 'experts,' and a case taken against the Club over safety issues, is he the only person that is liable for making that decision?

Basically....his job's on the line?

This is where the problem may lie. Making one person liable or responsible.

I'd be interested to know what would happen if the lighting was kept the same, on the advice of the experts, and an accident happened because someone was disorientated by the over bright lights and advertising.

I can see nothing being done tbh....hoping to be proved wrong though. Fingers crossed....and sunglasses on :cool2:

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but from what has been posted by Mr Kelly, is that he is personally liable for the safety certificate, and any problems that arise...hence taking the advice of the 'experts'.

If he were to go against the advice of the 'experts,' and a case taken against the Club over safety issues, is he the only person that is liable for making that decision?

Basically....his job's on the line?

This is where the problem may lie. Making one person liable or responsible.

I'd be interested to know what would happen if the lighting was kept the same, on the advice of the experts, and an accident happened because someone was disorientated by the over bright lights and advertising.

I can see nothing being done tbh....hoping to be proved wrong though. Fingers crossed....and sunglasses on :cool2:

Surely people with epilepy MAY suffer with these almost strobing  effects ?

On 27/09/2017 at 02:41, Donkeeebles said:

Sat in the South Stand tonight the guy in front of me had a pair of binoculars which he used when the ball was up the far end.......

........he never had a problem seeing. 

Hope you weren't sitting behind Frankie F!

With all his talk about extra 1% here and there, surely Lee must have a problem with the impact that the change in lighting coming from the advertising boards has on the players. A sudden change can be off putting and crossing towards a bright board, if they can make out their own player, which suddenly dims must be affected 

13 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Explained in previous post 

Please bear with me then, because to my specific question, 'Could you please explain why it is deemed necessary for the lighting to be left on in the stands at AG when other Championship clubs do not see it as necessary' I'm struggling to locate your answer.

11 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Mark

I first raised this issue of the glare of the Advertising after the Plymouth cup game - the white Caraboa advertising was horrendous from the Lansdown, and some of my friends in the away end mentioned they could hardly see anything from there also - not an impression you want to give visitingnfans. 

You state the lights are set at 50% - that clearly means they can be set to 25%. 

Can I suggest you set them to a lower % and then sit in then Lansdown and see what we see - I am in Row 15 - come and join me and you can truly see the experience we are all moaning about. 

@Mkelly This is surely the correct option? No personal attack on you here, but the hoardings on Tuesday were a joke, and advising a % change is too abstract, sit in the Lansdown lower and see what it looks like, and then test until its acceptable. Surely this is agreeable?

Archived