IGNORED

Radio Bristol

phantom

• Admin

Don't normally go home by car but did tonight, seriously question the sanity of a caller, some guy called in from stockwood called city fans "nutters" if they still doubted Lee Johnson, then declared that Lee would be manager of England..... 

WTF is in the water up there? 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't normally go home by car but did tonight, seriously question the sanity of a caller, some guy called in from stockwood called city fans "nutters" if they still doubted Lee Johnson, then declared that Lee would be manager of England..... 

Fair play to the presenter though, he told the guy it is the nature of football when the team is losing... and i heard him say "did he look like an England manager middle of last season?"  :laugh:

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Heard it too, while admiring his optimism the fact that he kept banging on how anyone who doubted LJ was a nutter, regardless of the abysmal run we went on last season leads me to believe he had one too electric lemonades to many.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

That has cheered me up no end! Bloody hell he must be on the 'home brew' tonight!

Oh dear.

I'm not sure who is the most ridiculous- the old idiots who won't give LJ a chance and think he can't do right for wrong or the new idiots who suddenly think he's the Messiah.

He's potentially a very good Manager for BCFC but has a long way to travel and achieving something beyond staying up is necessary at some point.

So far so good but still no cigar.

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nutter

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Something extremely alcoholic by the sounds of him! 

That makes me a 'nutter' then as I wanted him out last season. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh dear.

I'm not sure who is the most ridiculous- the old idiots who won't give LJ a chance and think he can't do right for wrong or the new idiots who suddenly think he's the Messiah.

He's potentially a very good Manager for BCFC but has a long way to travel and achieving something beyond staying up is necessary at some point.

I like LJ but he won't gain favour with the doubters until he achieves something with his squad of players. Play offs, promotion or a cup final will only be good enough for some. I think achieving a top 10 finish would satisfy most tbh

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

10 games and an impressive run. Too early to get carried away or to castigate others. 

No England manager was ever identified after bringing a second tier team to 7th place in September.  

To be fair, Southgate was fourth in the Championship when Middlesbrough sacked him, so on that basis LJ's only two points away...

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fair play to the presenter though, he told the guy it is the nature of football when the team is losing... and i heard him say "did he look like an England manager middle of last season?"  :laugh:

...middle of last season he looked exactly like a England manager

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Someone tell me how Ed Hadwin (I think....well whoever was presenting tonight) is still employed by Radio bris. Can barely listen whenever he's on air, every second word is 'umm' or 'uhhh' followed by a few stammering before actually saying a word 

Totally incapable of asking anyone anything resembling an open question - basic journalism 

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interestingly, and only because the odds should be very attractive, I'd be very interested to know what bookies are offering on LJ to be England manager at some stage. 

Thats not me getting carried away, at all! But there aren't many young English managers around. IF he got us to the prem and IF we did ok, then he'd be just the kind of option that the FA might go for. At some point. Especially as he's still so young. 

John from Stockwood is pretty familiar post match, but I was taken aback tonight. He was obviously higher than a kite on something, either the mighty reds or sherry. 

Still LJ doubters got a bashing (me included) from our 70year veteran. Anyone with that under his belt earned the right to sound a bit nuts on Radio Briz in my book!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

yes totally agree mate heard him **** me he got home quick embaressment to the Divvy phone in show

25 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

John from Stockwood is pretty familiar post match, but I was taken aback tonight. He was obviously higher than a kite on something, either the mighty reds or sherry. 

Still LJ doubters got a bashing (me included) from our 70year veteran. Anyone with that under his belt earned the right to sound a bit nuts on Radio Briz in my book!

I remember him phoning in last (early) season to speak to LJ for one of Geoff’s Sound of the City shows.  It was embarrassing, even LJ himself was embarrassed.  I did wonder whether it was Gary or Steve Lansdown impersonating a drunken Bristolian :P

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember him phoning in last (early) season to speak to LJ for one of Geoff’s Sound of the City shows.  It was embarrassing, even LJ himself was embarrassed.  I did wonder whether it was Gary or Steve Lansdown impersonating a drunken Bristolian :P

What did he say again? I listened to that show 

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh dear.

how about a roll up.

Archived