IGNORED

Ipswich

cheshire_red

On 27/09/2017 at 17:15, cidered abroad said:

In the mind or not, it is peculiar how all clubs appear to have"bunnies" who they always get results against and the "bogeys" where they continually lose.

We haven't won at Molineux since 1931 and Ipswich in forty years. Yet we can usually expect to get a result at Watford or Fulham.

I remember some years ago that we won our first match at Middlesbrough in 90 years and now we seem to win there most times.

Psychological or pure chance? I haven't a clue but it happens too often.

We do better away if there's more of our supporters. A lot of fans like a day out in London

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 10:38, Lew-T said:

This is the sort of post that will bite you on the ass...

5-0 loss incoming...

Read my post again, Ipswich have beaten poor teams, we have beaten far better teams than they have so that's what I based my Prediction on.

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 11:56, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ffs. Why do people do this. We are no where near good enough to say we are going to smash teams away, we only have a handfull of away wins in like two seasons. 

We need to be respectful of a clinical Ipswich team that will be well organised & full of confidence. 

What happened to the clinical well organised full of confidence Ipswich team today? 

At Bristol City now there is a culture of expectations, it's is only right that we as fans also expect the same as the management do. If we continue to put in these performances each week we will reach our goal.

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:15, Cider-Head23 said:

Agreed, always risky to call out an opposition fan and say your going to beat them who ever you play. 

Don't blame fans for getting carried away but we certainly have no divine right to go anywhere and win.

I think we'd all be delighted if we keep picking up at least a point away from home with the odd win and concentrate on winning the vast majority of our home games. 

No divine right at all. We are little Bristol City, a small fish in a massive ocean but on our day if we put the performance in we can beat anyone.

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 13:34, EssexTractor said:

I've only signed up as a few of your mention we lost to Palace. Yes we did, but before making assumptions, please take a look at our team and tell me how many of our team you have heard of. 5 made the first senior appearance.

Stats are pointless. We had 70% plus possession at points in the second half last night, but sat back after their second goal and the possession stats dropped. Stats don't show the true picture of a game

We also put our reserve team against Stoke and smashed them.

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 21:07, steviestevieneville said:

Please don't start with the delusions of grandeur it's embarrassing you're acting like a gas head . Sorry that was a low blow :laughcont: but still , we're much improved and a lot more solid but could easily come unstuck Saturday. Interesting to see how we compare with them . 

Grandeur? No like I said I looked at our results and Ipswich results and predicted we would win, just like looking at the horses form guide.

Well the unbeaten run of 39 years is over (wish I could go back, I'd have the UEFA Cup and two runners up places in the old first division to look forward to - but school on Monday) and whatever is said, Bristol were the better team out there.  Rarely do we have a team come over and play with such emphasis and determination and seriously, if you could replicate that each and every game you'd be in with a fighting chance of a promotion place.

BUT, looking at the bigger picture it was disappointing for me once again to see our players revert to high ball tactics and there wasn't the same focus or cohesion as witnessed in other games this season.  Not only that, many of our fans agree the referee was poor and made some errors of judgement.    Not making excuses, as said the better team won although the manner of goals via deflection on another day could have missed our goal.    McCarthy made the obligatory poker faced mundane comments post game, his demeanour seems to not alter whether we win lose or draw.    Personally, I wanted rid in the summer but since the club didn't possess the foresight to make the change we're going to be together for another season.

Portman Road is an awkward ground for most away  teams regards travel, can be hard to leave the vicinity after match days around the Town, but for those that came over here can only imagine an enjoyable journey back to the West.     We'll be back, enough players didn't pull their weight today, and played at times with a system that was never going to work.    Disappointed obviously, but as with both teams, we've improved considerably within the past six months.      Not looking back.

8 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Well the unbeaten run of 39 years is over (wish I could go back, I'd have the UEFA Cup and two runners up places in the old first division to look forward to - but school on Monday) and whatever is said, Bristol were the better team out there.  Rarely do we have a team come over and play with such emphasis and determination and seriously, if you could replicate that each and every game you'd be in with a fighting chance of a promotion place.

BUT, looking at the bigger picture it was disappointing for me once again to see our players revert to high ball tactics and there wasn't the same focus or cohesion as witnessed in other games this season.  Not only that, many of our fans agree the referee was poor and made some errors of judgement.    Not making excuses, as said the better team won although the manner of goals via deflection on another day could have missed our goal.    McCarthy made the obligatory poker faced mundane comments post game, his demeanour seems to not alter whether we win lose or draw.    Personally, I wanted rid in the summer but since the club didn't possess the foresight to make the change we're going to be together for another season.

Portman Road is an awkward ground for most away  teams regards travel, can be hard to leave the vicinity after match days around the Town, but for those that came over here can only imagine an enjoyable journey back to the West.     We'll be back, enough players didn't pull their weight today, and played at times with a system that was never going to work.    Disappointed obviously, but as with both teams, we've improved considerably within the past six months.      Not looking back.

Garner should also have been sent off remember 

11 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Don't think the ref was as bad as a lot of your lads are making out. I watched it on a stream, looked as though he had an alright game all things considered, especially with that rat bastard Garner up top. McGoldrick looked good I thought, probably your stand out player. Cheers for posting though lad, high praise indeed. 

Well the consensus among our own support is the referee had something of a sub-standard performance so he's raised the ire of both sets of supporters.     I said before I'm not making excuses, we played a team out there today with far more ambition than ourselves, it's just that a number of unfortunate factors ultimately played a hand in our eventual demise.     I saw the Garner piece, sorry for any upset caused.   For what it's worth I was sceptical when we brought him in in the summer (seemed something of a desperate buy) but to all intents and purposes, he can contribute and poses a greater attacking threat than some of our other recent forward names the manager has brought in.   Far too premature however to provide proper judgement.     Wasn't surprised Waghorn got a goal either, one of the best acquisitions at this club for some time, but as with the other, we need to allow more time to see just how far they can develop.

29 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I thought we were outstanding for the first 20 minutes and outplayed you for most of the first half. Second,  both teams reverted to a more direct style but all day I saw nothing from Ipswich that impressed me. I suppose you were well organised so will grind out results on that basis but still poor quality overall.

Blaming the officials is a lame excuse, we were just a better side than you on the day and fully deserved the win at Portman Rd (finally).

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Read my post again, Ipswich have beaten poor teams, we have beaten far better teams than they have so that's what I based my Prediction on.

What happened to the clinical well organised full of confidence Ipswich team today? 

At Bristol City now there is a culture of expectations, it's is only right that we as fans also expect the same as the management do. If we continue to put in these performances each week we will reach our goal.

No divine right at all. We are little Bristol City, a small fish in a massive ocean but on our day if we put the performance in we can beat anyone.

We also put our reserve team against Stoke and smashed them.

Grandeur? No like I said I looked at our results and Ipswich results and predicted we would win, just like looking at the horses form guide.

It wasn't that mate ,you came across as arrogant. This league is litter with fans of clubs thinking they belong in the prem. you came across like that. Or you may not of , im offme tits onthatchers vintage 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

It wasn't that mate ,you came across as arrogant. This league is litter with fans of clubs thinking they belong in the prem. you came across like that. Or you may not of , im offme tits onthatchers vintage 

I may have been in the pub when I wrote it...

I read the Ipswich fans post as being arrogant and wanted to get across that up until today they haven't really played a team that is currently playing as well as we are and that facing us would show if Ipswich were the real deal or not.

Today's result shows I do kinda know what I'm talking about but maybe don't always word things correctly. 

I see Ipswich as a 16th - 24th placed team and nothing I saw of them today has made me think any different.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I may have been in the pub when I wrote it...

I read the Ipswich fans post as being arrogant and wanted to get across that up until today they haven't really played a team that is currently playing as well as we are and that facing us would show if Ipswich were the real deal or not.

Today's result shows I do kinda know what I'm talking about but maybe don't always word things correctly. 

I see Ipswich as a 16th - 24th placed team and nothing I saw of them today has made me think any different.

Ok , right I'm sober now. What were we talking about ? :blink::laughcont::drunk2:

11 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

We had to be within striking distance of your goal to get deflected shots . 

We also hit the cross bar . 

We are just outplaying teams at the moment and I hope we can keep it up because it is a joy to watch.

We made you look ordinary, you aren't the first , Derby were blown away .

Still we know that nothing is won in September and I am sure no one connected with our club will take anything for granted . 

Thanks for taking the time to contribute. Good luck to you .

Archived