IGNORED

Ex PremTeams

bs22 red

5 teams in the Championship that have never played premiership football (Old Division 1 aside) 

Preston

Us

Millwall

Burton

Brentford

SL and Co. have done a magnificent job to carry on competing and moving the club forwards, even if we stay up that's progressing as each season more clubs have the advantage of parachute payments over us.

6 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

5 teams in the Championship that have never played premiership football (Old Division 1 aside) 

Preston

Us

Millwall

Burton

Brentford

SL and Co. have done a magnificent job to carry on competing and moving the club forwards, even if we stay up that's progressing as each season more clubs have the advantage of parachute payments over us.

That is seriously weird logic, SL has done well because we’re only one of 5 never to have been in the prem?

div1 aside of course.

Can you carry out my next annual review?

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That is seriously weird logic, SL has done well because we’re only one of 5 never to have been in the prem?

div1 aside of course.

Annual Review

your colleges find you argumentative and hard to get on with.

you should be in charge of the company in the next seven years.

your immediate BOSS.

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And five ex Premier League teams above us....not sure what your point is...

His point is.. (I'm guessing)  all those who said Johnson had to go last season (me included) must be embarrassed by our start to the season. Guess what? i'm not. He had an awful run, he got backed by the owner, and backed again in the summer and he's doing well. End of really

49 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

His point is.. (I'm guessing)  all those who said Johnson had to go last season (me included) must be embarrassed by our start to the season. Guess what? i'm not. He had an awful run, he got backed by the owner, and backed again in the summer and he's doing well. End of really

Yep fair enough, I guess that's what @bs22 red means. But Shrewsbury currently sit in a higher position in the football league than ten ex-premier league teams....make of that what you will...

16 hours ago, RumRed said:

div1 aside of course.

Sure but it is all about expectations.

Of course you can easily name teams who have come from behind or around where we are and into the top flight - Burnley, Hull, Bournnemouth etc. - but there are also plenty of teams who have crashed and burned due to poor management.

SL has made his mistakes but over the course of fifteen years he has kept the club relatively stable, improved the stadium and infrastructure, professionalised the club behind the scenes and put us on a footing where we are stable enough to compete. Obviously the likes of Bradford, Blackpool, Portsmouth and Swindon have had higher highs and lower lows, and I guess it is a matter of opinion whether you want relative stability or incredible memories combined with regullar fears your club might be about to cease to exist but it is very hard to argue that the club is not in a better place than when Lansdown took over.

Archived