Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

nickolas

Phil Parkinson 'red card was harsh'

Recommended Posts

REALLY?!

What a plonker. 2nd tackle was horrendous, high and studs up. 

Only reason it wasnt reacted to much by the crowd was because we were all asleep from the borefest his dire team were serving up!

I dont understand Managers. Trying to make out it was harsh when he should be giving Morais a b0llocking for making his team mates' jobs harder than it already was. 

Watch the lowlights Phil, and reassess your comments!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet he thinks that Gary "lead with my elbow in every challenge" Madine should have been allowed to commit foul after foul, too..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nickolas said:

REALLY?!

What a plonker. 2nd tackle was horrendous, high and studs up. 

Only reason it wasnt reacted to much by the crowd was because we were all asleep from the borefest his dire team were serving up!

I dont understand Managers. Trying to make out it was harsh when he should be giving Morais a b0llocking for making his team mates' jobs harder than it already was. 

Watch the lowlights Phil, and reassess your comments!

Almost as funny as Karl Henry argued with the ref when Pratley was rightly booked for kicking the ball away, after he kicked it about half a pitch length away..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is the lad who got sent off was their best player and had the long throw that was launched into our box a few times. Silly tackle to make when you are already on a yellow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He seemed to have a massive row with the City technical area / it was a ridiculous challenge 

It's called "desperation"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing you could say in his defense is the ref was definitely inconsistent with what warranted a red card. You could make a good case for the 2nd challenge being a potential straight red but the 1st yellow was a little soft and similar incidents then went unpunished for both teams. So I'd say definate red but thought the ref was very poor with consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought most of Parkinson's post match comments were a bit deluded if I'm honest.

Said he was proud of the way they played. If so, I'd hate to see how bad they'd have to be for him to be disappointed.

Said Jeff King played really well when from my point of view, all he did was moan at the ref, roll around on the floor and attempt to foul people (which he failed at because he was too slow).

Said the sending off was harsh, when two clearer bookings you couldn't hope to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's talking crap. First yellow was cynical and a definite yellow and the second he went through the back of COD. If anything the player should Be fined. O'dowda was facing the stand and right on the touch line going nowhere. Stupid tackle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Thought most of Parkinson's post match comments were a bit deluded if I'm honest.

Said he was proud of the way they played. If so, I'd hate to see how bad they'd have to be for him to be disappointed.

Said Jeff King played really well when from my point of view, all he did was moan at the ref, roll around on the floor and attempt to foul people (which he failed at because he was too slow).

Said the sending off was harsh, when two clearer bookings you couldn't hope to find.

They were better than barnsley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He's talking crap. First yellow was cynical and a definite yellow and the second he went through the back of COD. If anything the player should Be fined. O'dowda was facing the stand and right on the touch line going nowhere. Stupid tackle.

Yep.

There was also another incident Down in the corner (SS and LS) when Morais had a throw-in.

He did the old-trick of bending over, but giving it a little kick away, to waste more time.

The ref spotted it, warned him for time wasting, and then they had a few more words on and off.

Deserved all he got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Almost as funny as Karl Henry argued with the ref when Pratley was rightly booked for kicking the ball away, after he kicked it about half a pitch length away..

Can only think it was for petulance.  His  team were losing at the time so surely not for time wasting.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Reid post this picture on Twitter. There were some really bad challenges for sure and I don't think the ref did too well in handling it. There was a Madine challenge to Pack in the second half which was more or less a studs up, double footed challenge from behind and he played advantage but didn't go back to book or even have a word with him.

DKwKulSWsAA8DV5.jpg:large

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.

There was also another incident Down in the corner (SS and LS) when Morais had a throw-in.

He did the old-trick of bending over, but giving it a little kick away, to waste more time.

The ref spotted it, warned him for time wasting, and then they had a few more words on and off.

Deserved all he got

Appeared to spit at the ref as he went off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully deserved his sending off, the second challenge was reckless and stupid especially when already on a yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He's talking crap. First yellow was cynical and a definite yellow and the second he went through the back of COD. If anything the player should Be fined. O'dowda was facing the stand and right on the touch line going nowhere. Stupid tackle.

In fairness to Parkinson he's not going to kick his team when they're down . His job is to lift them and get them firing .

Historical accuracy is not what he's being paid for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WRERE said:

Just seen Reid post this picture on Twitter. There were some really bad challenges for sure and I don't think the ref did too well in handling it. There was a Madine challenge to Pack in the second half which was more or less a studs up, double footed challenge from behind and he played advantage but didn't go back to book or even have a word with him.

DKwKulSWsAA8DV5.jpg:large

Madine should have been booked at least twice before that challenge and could easily have been shown a straight red for the one you mention.

The ref indicated he saw it, so I was amazed he never went back to him once there was a break in play.

By the way, Karl Henry, what a****.

Edited by GrahamC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WRERE said:

Just seen Reid post this picture on Twitter. There were some really bad challenges for sure and I don't think the ref did too well in handling it. There was a Madine challenge to Pack in the second half which was more or less a studs up, double footed challenge from behind and he played advantage but didn't go back to book or even have a word with him.

DKwKulSWsAA8DV5.jpg:large

Reid should be ashamed of himself , head buttIng the hand of an opposition player .

:disapointed2se:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Thing is the lad who got sent off was their best player and had the long throw that was launched into our box a few times. Silly tackle to make when you are already on a yellow.

Yeah, he was a bit Moraisbund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found his interview baffling.

You won't see a more one sided match than that.

They were poor and I would hate to see those tactics week in week out & he was "proud" of that performance? Wow!

I haven't got a problem with Bolton but I think its safe to say that they are certs for relegation.

Not a very good footballing spectacle when you time waste at every opportunity. 

I too noticed Morais' little trick of booting the ball away when it was their throw in.

Then you have Pratley & Henry mouthing off to the ref at every opportunity and that lump up front intent on leaving his mark on anybody who dared to challenge him.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2017 at 23:19, DingleRed said:

Appeared to spit at the ref as he went off. 

I thought I saw that too. Couldn't quite believe it. He's in serious trouble if he did, and rightly so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×