IGNORED

Saturday's Odds

Ben4BCFC

Hate to put a downer on the current highs, but is it just me that thinks with our recent Portman Road record and their current form, 21/10 for Ipswich to win this weekend is pretty high? Anyway, back under my rock. Hoping this'll jinx me into being totally wrong and us leaving with something from the game.

8 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Hate to put a downer on the current highs, but is it just me that thinks with our recent Portman Road record and their current form, 21/10 for Ipswich to win this weekend is pretty high? Anyway, back under my rock. Hoping this'll jinx me into being totally wrong and us leaving with something from the game.

Just looked on Oddschecker and you are right. we are favourites on Saturday. Bizarre.

I was surprised to see us favourites against Ipswich considering they're above us and at home. I noticed on Monday that they were 66/1 to go up as Champions, we were only 33/1.

Before last night we were 50/1 for relegation and (iirc) Ipswich were 16/1. Edit: Ipswich are 14/1.

Winning margin of 4 goals or more on Saturday is 16/1 for City but 50/1 for Ipswich. I'm very tempted to put a tenner on that for insurance purposes.

The odds aren't that bizarre.

Many betting companies are looking at shot data now, something that represents Ipswich poorly as they are making very few chances. They have had as good a start as they have by being extremely clinical (at one point it was 7 goals from 8 shots). This clinicalness will not last and Ipswich will drop, a lot.

On the other hand we are creating a large number of chances and in terms of being clinical we are essentially average for the division.

Ipswich have lost 2 of the last 5, we are unbeaten in 10.

Those things are far more relevant than the year we last won there.

Archived