IGNORED

Lee Johnson dividing opinion on SWFC's Owlstalk

fishpondsred

32 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd be pissed off if he left, especially for a team in the Championship. 

Not because I think he's an amazing manager, but simply for the loyalty he has been shown. He owes this club. He owes Lansdown. 

Hold on, a) Sheffield Wednesday still have their manager b) there’s never been any sign that Sheffield Wednesday are remotely interested in potentially having LJ as their manager & c) LJ has never shown any sign that he’d want to leave.

It’s seeming like some are already starting a witch hunt on LJ with no sign of any substance to the original Sheffield Wednesday forum post.

It’s just a similar thing as to us discussing who we’d like as a potential manager / head coach should LJ not be here, even though he is. It’s a forum discussion, there’s no sign of it possibly happening.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Hold on, a) Sheffield Wednesday still have their manager b) there’s never been any sign that Sheffield Wednesday are remotely interested in potentially having LJ as their manager & c) LJ has never shown any sign that he’d want to leave.

It’s seeming like some are already starting a witch hunt on LJ with no sign of any substance to the original Sheffield Wednesday forum post.

It’s just a similar thing as to us discussing who we’d like as a potential manager / head coach should LJ not be here, even though he is. It’s a forum discussion, there’s no sign of it possibly happening.

Calm down, I am simply participating into the discussion and offering my view if this were to happen. The operative word in my post was "if". No witch hunt here in the slightest. 

If the forum was only for discussing things that are actually likely to happen then there'd be a hell of a lot less activity on here than there is now.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Calm down, I am simply participating into the discussion and offering my view if this were to happen. The operative word in my post was "if". No witch hunt here in the slightest. 

If the forum was only for discussing things that are actually likely to happen then there'd be a hell of a lot less activity on here than there is now.

And if we all speculate about everything that could possibly happen (or possibly not) then we’d all forget what is actually happening.

The witch hunt comment wasn’t solely aimed towards you but I couldn’t be bothered to quote everyone who was seemingly getting distressed about a situation that is probably 99% away from ever happening.

I also find it ironic considering the amount of people worried about LJ leaving, considering the amount of people that wished he had left midway through last season (again just a general observation from this thread).

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd be pissed off if he left, especially for a team in the Championship. 

Not because I think he's an amazing manager, but simply for the loyalty he has been shown. He owes this club. He owes Lansdown. 

This is spot on, he doesn't particularly owe us as a fan base anything (I say this as someone who'd of gladly seen him go earlier this year), but he definitely owes SL who stuck his neck out for him when some of the abuse he got was particularly vitriolic. At the moment, this is all pure conjecture any way.

I just can't see Johnson going to Wednesday, I don't think he'd be on our list if Carlos was sacked, and just as importantly I don't think he'd want it. I seem to remember when he left Barnsley he said he wouldn't have done it for any other club in this division due to his family connection to the club. It's interesting how quickly a manager's stock changes though as I remember the vast amount of Johnson Out threads on here last season. He obviously did a good job at Barnsley and it appears he's got things sorted here now so good luck to him.

As for Carlos, I'm still behind him. I can see why it would seem odd to the neutral why most Wednesday fans want him gone, but it appears we are going backwards with a talented squad and an enormous wage bill. Someone has claimed today that we have 10 players on over 30k a week. His record is poor in the big games as both playoff campaigns have ended in a really disappointing performance and then that humiliation on Sunday. It feels like the push for automatic promotion is fading away already. 

Huge game on Sunday at home to Leeds. Could be his last, but I really hope not.

52 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I just can't see Johnson going to Wednesday, I don't think he'd be on our list if Carlos was sacked, and just as importantly I don't think he'd want it. I seem to remember when he left Barnsley he said he wouldn't have done it for any other club in this division due to his family connection to the club. It's interesting how quickly a manager's stock changes though as I remember the vast amount of Johnson Out threads on here last season. He obviously did a good job at Barnsley and it appears he's got things sorted here now so good luck to him.

As for Carlos, I'm still behind him. I can see why it would seem odd to the neutral why most Wednesday fans want him gone, but it appears we are going backwards with a talented squad and an enormous wage bill. Someone has claimed today that we have 10 players on over 30k a week. His record is poor in the big games as both playoff campaigns have ended in a really disappointing performance and then that humiliation on Sunday. It feels like the push for automatic promotion is fading away already. 

Huge game on Sunday at home to Leeds. Could be his last, but I really hope not.

Jheeze 10 over 30k? Don’t think we have any over 20?

37 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Jheeze 10 over 30k? Don’t think we have any over 20?

This is the real issue for us competing in this division.

It's not the amount LJ has spent or can spend on the transfer market, it's the wages we can afford to pay. 

It's not just club's with parachute payment, big club's like Wednesday can compete for players with wages we can't get near.

Outrageous isn't it? I can understand it to a certain extent with a player like Steven Fletcher who's proved himself useful at Premier League level, and maybe even Jordan Rhodes with his goal scoring record in the championship.

If I was to guess at the others it'd be Bannan, Forestieri, Westwood, Abdi, Hooper, Boyd, Reach and Lees.

All good players but it's a ludicrous amount of money for second division players. 

Carvalhal comes out as cataclysm on this irritating assumptive text thingy on this phone. Funny that. Maybe after the Leeds game he will be staring into it. I got sidetracked.. Oh yes.. I was gonna jest and say he and Danny Wilson would make a good team .. The nearly men team and turn two negatives into a promotion .. For someone like Portsmouth. Either that or Carlos will end up managing some relative obscure team like Botofogo.

Lee would be completely bonkers to leave bcfc. He's got it on a plate here. And the opportunity to hit the big time here too.  We arenow well equipped for a tilt at promotion and the negative influences have gone to baadiff and a few other places.

Lee has a greater opportunity to make a name for himself here than anywhere if he is truly up to it.

Archived