IGNORED

Ancelotti .. sacked.

WhistleHappy

Yes, think there are other teams that also can compet, Leipzig is no joke. Schalke 04 is the peoples team in Germany. Their derby vs Dortmund is big. We have some Swedish players in Germany, in Bundesliga and second division. Nyman, City were interested in him plays in second division team Eintracht Braunschweig. Nyman is a very good winger and plays in our Swedish team, we are doing well to go to Russia.

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Job for Julian Nagelsmann without a shadow of a doubt.

I know that's his dream job and that he's the youngest and brightest manager there at the moment but personally think it would be an odd appointment for Bayern as he's very unproven. He's done very well in his 2 or so seasons but is that enough of a track record for Bayern? 

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Even with the team they have which is pretty average tbf and the top players seemingly over the edge they will walk the league once they kick into gear again,they will have to start spending big again to compete in Europe tho because they are miles behind now

Yea, they are frustrating at time later because they go on about how they don't need to spend huge money to bring in good players. There are examples of good value at Bayern like Hummels for roughly €45m and wasn't Lewandoski free? That said, this summer they've bought players with the scope to improve but need a few years most likely to be "world class." Sule, Tolisso, Kimmich and Coman are real good young players but they haven't added any top stars like most other clubs and this has seen them fall off the map imo as champions league contenders. A few years ago they were up there with Real and Barca for me. Now I think Juve has overtaken them and Bayern are no more a threat than Dortmund or Tottenham. They could still get far but would end up losing out at quarter finals or so.

Reckon Dortmund will challenge heavily in the League- injuries permitting.

Indeed, Dortmund even seem to be resting some of their better players in the CL, had their best 2 midfielders benched- maybe the title is their current priority? Bayern? No further than quarter finals IMO...very much in transition.

Indeed, a lot of sides have fallen off suddenly- Monaco seem to have just plunged in quality, Dortmund aforementioned losing games they may have got something from last year, Atletico have stagnated. Window of opportunity for PSG and English sides opening up- not least because they are improving but the weakening/stagnation of other sides certainly helped!

Bayern? Tuchel I would suggest. Maybe Nagelsmann the coach to follow him.

Ancelotti? Return to Milan perhaps...

Bayern have lost some Key leaders in the last few years. Lahm, Alonso, Schweinsteiger were all big losses. Combine this with players like Ribery and Robben passing their best, it is no surprise they're not the team they were a few seasons ago. 

As others have said though, they have some exciting younger players, with players like Muller, Neuer and Lewandowski still very good players. They'll be back in two seasons in my opinion.

I think Bayern will probably win in Germany again, but Meier getting injured is a massive blow. Football transfer fees are a joke but Bayern haven't really got involved in that, but sooner or later if you are against that psg forward line if you don't compete financially with them, that result will happen. I'm kinda surprised that scenario isn't obvious to rummenigge and the rest at Bayern, although I don't know what the rest of the club is doing in terms of style of play and organisation which may warrant ancelotti being let go.

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

It would be nice If another team than Bayern won the Bundesliga. They have so mutch money so they buy all the best players in Germany its not good for the football I think.

Can't be said about their national team though as they have a great tournament record, even under their ball sniffing, nose picking bogie eating coach.

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Job for Julian Nagelsmann without a shadow of a doubt.

I'm a big fan of his, but I reckon Bayern will want a big name to steady the ship for a bit.

Typically, Bayern are pretty clever about how they hire, and don't usually fire mid-season, so maybe this is a change of attitude to match with modern football? It sounds like Ancelotti had lost the dressing room, with a lot of players missing the Guardiola approach compared to the relaxed Ancelotti environment.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can't be said about their national team though as they have a great tournament record, even under their ball sniffing, nose picking bogie eating coach.

Yes, their national team is always good or best. Think they train harder and more than other countries. Dont really understand why they are always good, They have not lost a penalty game since 1972, its not only luck. Hudds at wembley, german manager. The last pen took a german player and Hudds in pl. They are not afraid of playing young players in their team and they always have very good goalies. Is it culture, menthal strenght or what is it?

12 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Yes, their national team is always good or best. Think they train harder and more than other countries. Dont really understand why they are always good, They have not lost a penalty game since 1972, its not only luck. Hudds at wembley, german manager. The last pen took a german player and Hudds in pl. They are not afraid of playing young players in their team and they always have very good goalies.

**Is it culture, menthal strenght or what is it?

** think you might have cracked the German secret... ;)  ... could this be the source of their menthol strength?

piasten-eukalyptus-menthol-bonbon-tp_4647415219695387560f.jpg

Archived