IGNORED

Östersund.

Garland-sweden

Östersund-Herta Berlin 1-0. Our most north placed team made it good last night in euroleauge. So far they have won all their games. A couple of years ago they played in the swedish third division. Lots of foreigners in the team and an English manager. Its not City related but I share it to show that small teams stiii can beat big ones. They are now 5 points before Hertha and Atletico Bilbao. Spanish leauge and german leauge is probably best in the world. What Östersund does is amazing.

If anyone's interested, there's a direct flight with Easyjet from Gatwick to Östersund on Sundays through the winter. Probably mostly during the annual football break but it's a great place to visit and very handy if you like skiing!

Sweden is a fantastic country.

The german paper Bild, like you Sun, called Östersund a theatre group who could play football. Sometimes the germans are very arrogant. The Club and the players have something special in them. They help people in the town, they play theatre ballet and so on. They are not like other Clubs, Gotta feeling for them. Its not easy to play there its windy and cold. They also have plastic grass. Clubs in europe is not used with that. The plastic is mutch different to play on. Real grass I prefer. Anyway they already won two games, one away in Ukraina and yesterday. Think next game is Atletico Bilbao home,

3 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

The german paper Bild, like you Sun, called Östersund a theatre group who could play football. Sometimes the germans are very arrogant. The Club and the players have something special in them. They help people in the town, they play theatre ballet and so on. They are not like other Clubs, Gotta feeling for them. Its not easy to play there its windy and cold. They also have plastic grass. Clubs in europe is not used with that. The plastic is mutch different to play on. Real grass I prefer. Anyway they already won two games, one away in Ukraina and yesterday. Think next game is Atletico Bilbao home,

Sometimes?

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Amazing story, their striker Hopcutt joined after an open trial in birmingham and is now considered on of their greatest ever players. Each year the entire squad has to put on an artistic performance to raise money for charity. 

It will not continue for long. Most of their leading players are more or less nuts. The day Potter leaves it will all fall apart.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It will not continue for long. Most of their leading players are more or less nuts. The day Potter leaves it will all fall apart.

Ok Tommy, but its right now we are living. Östersund won yesterday vs Hertha Berlin 1-0. That what it is all about. If their players are intelligent or not, doesnt matter. They are the only swedish team in Europa competitions.  Ok they are not so famous like Malmö FF Göteborg or the Stockholm teams. I like when a small club from north of Sweden, no it is infact the middle of Sweden, come and show the highrollers in south part of Sweden, hey we can also play football but in a better way then you do it, he he. They go their own way, like it or not. First we take Manhattan and then we take Berlin. That song was played before the game, thats power. Now they got money and they will be good paid for there players If they sell. The price for them were low when they bought them. Most of them was not good enough for other Swedish team. Think its a saga and I like it.

18 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Iceland is better than England for a  reason

Iceland was better than England in one game and one tournament. If they should piay saturday I put my bet on England. Iceland had Lagerbäck as coach, king of defensive. France-Island 5-2 I think.It takes a lot of energi to play like Iceland. Hunting, hunting, running, running. The team can never relax. What Iceland did was fantastic, never forget. They are strong and real fighters.

49 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Ok Tommy, but its right now we are living. Östersund won yesterday vs Hertha Berlin 1-0. That what it is all about. If their players are intelligent or not, doesnt matter. They are the only swedish team in Europa competitions.  Ok they are not so famous like Malmö FF Göteborg or the Stockholm teams. I like when a small club from north of Sweden, no it is infact the middle of Sweden, come and show the highrollers in south part of Sweden, hey we can also play football but in a better way then you do it, he he. They go their own way, like it or not. First we take Manhattan and then we take Berlin. That song was played before the game, thats power. Now they got money and they will be good paid for there players If they sell. The price for them were low when they bought them. Most of them was not good enough for other Swedish team. Think its a saga and I like it.

Imagine City running out to a Leonard Cohen song!

Any suggestions?

34 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Ok, the guy was 15 at the time. It was normal in AIK youth that they that shiit. Police came to his home and went to häkte, dont know the world in english. Polishouse he was suspended 8 months from AIK. When the problem was out and AIK dealed with it. Everything in this story or life is not all black or all white. The crime the  kid did was awful but it also came out public, what was going on in some clubs youth. 

8 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Ok, the guy was 15 at the time. It was normal in AIK youth that they that shiit. Police came to his home and went to häkte, dont know the world in english. Polishouse he was suspended 8 months from AIK. When the problem was out and AIK dealed with it. Everything in this story or life is not all black or all white. The crime the  kid did was awful but it also came out public, what was going on in some clubs youth. 

But obviously there's still something wrong in his head. You can't be normal if you put a coat hanger in someone's "where the sun don't shine"

13 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

It's a very impressive story. I haven't actually seen them play, what are they like? What is their style of play?

They are most foreigners, they are very good with the ball. In Swedish leauge they play offensive, but they also can play defensive which they have to do against better teams. They play good football with many passes an then they score. They passes to mutch before they find the goal, its my opinion, their manager think he is from London have made a security in the way they play. It looks like every player is comfortable in his way of playing. Most of the swedes say they play good footboll. Its not the Swedish way with long balls and hoping for the pass Come right. So far so good for ÖFK.

12 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

But obviously there's still something wrong in his head. You can't be normal if you put a coat hanger in someone's "where the sun don't shine"

No, not in my way of thinking. But you should remember he was 15 years old. If this not is normal that dont says the whole Club is sick. Its one player, not the whole Club.

Archived