IGNORED

Worth a punt....

spudski

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

....Cole Skuse being here next season :blink:

That would surely cause even more divide amongst the masses :laugh:....just a hunch :-)

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-midfielder-cole-skuse-doesn-t-know-if-the-club-wants-to-keep-him-beyond-next-summer-1-5214198

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/skuse-is-a-great-human-johnson/

no disrespect to skuse but I'd be hoping we'd be looking at a better central midfielder then him or we'll be relegated after our first season in the prem

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

....Cole Skuse being here next season :blink:

That would surely cause even more divide amongst the masses :laugh:....just a hunch :-)

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-midfielder-cole-skuse-doesn-t-know-if-the-club-wants-to-keep-him-beyond-next-summer-1-5214198

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/skuse-is-a-great-human-johnson/

Certainly someone who would set a good example for youngsters, he appears to be a model professional, I can't remember him ever giving us a hint of trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good suggestion. Can see him being a coach here one day at the very least, I assume he'll move back.

He can also play right back.. maybe that'll be a potential use for him.

Can see him being part of the squad easily.

Why is my head saying he'll be here next season and Jens will be gone.....aaaaaarghhhhhh I hope not. You know that gut feeling you get....

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Human? What a ridiculous choice of word. 

I know it's ridiculous, and tbh, it's a phrase that is starting to be used a lot in 'corporate' speak.

The Ski federation I'm affiliated to as a Coach has started using it as well.... such as....'Introducing another Human of the CSIA Alberta, ( said Coach ) teaches out of Lake Louise and has been coaching for 7 seasons' etc,etc.....

I'm wondering whether it's to do will all this LBGT nonsense.

As in don't presume my Gender...

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd love to Skuse back at City either as a coach or a player and it seems like he's mates with LJ so either/both are likely.

Plus he's a local lad so it all adds up.

I think theres a big emphasis about people being local. Not League of Gentleman local, but buying in to the identity of Bristol and the south-west local. In the DNA speech, I think it might've been SL that said he wants to see a youth academy producing local, homegrown talents.

I think he'll be back in some form or another one day.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not always a bad thing. Good to have people that know and understand the club. If they've got the right skills and buy into the mentality here it's a positive to have people that care about the club.

Absolutely right PF. 

Seems like Lew doesn't get that.............:facepalm:

Can defo see Skusey 'coming home' next season if Ipswich don't take up his option. Maybe on a 1 year with optional extra year. 

O'Neil is ooc this summer and I highly doubt he'll be offered anything more. Co-incidentally, I'm now blocked from Gaz on Twitter for taking the Mick about him being a sicknote. Would give Tommy Doc a run for his money in the sicknote stakes!

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Nothing against Cole Skuse but he's not what we need in midfield, we have plenty of unambitious "protect the back four" types.  We need someone who can boss a game and score/create to complement them and he's never done that.

Not sure he'd come back to AG as a player. As you say the squad has Pack, Hegelar and GoN all comfortable as a defensive midfielder.

All teams are looking for a midfielder to "boss" a game. Few and far between unfortunately.

Archived