IGNORED

Worth a punt....

spudski

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As a cheaper (and more available) midfield backup to O’Neil? I think it makes sense.

O'Neil's been very disappointing IMO.

I think we need to improve midfield, thus freeing up one or more our existing midfielders as back up.

On the other hand If he's good enough and there's a role for him on the coaching staff then welcome back. But otherwise, no thanks. 

20 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Perfectly fair question. If nothing else, this development adds another element of interest to what is already an intriguing fixture tomorrow. Will be fascinating to see who wins the midfield battle there.

Indeed, but more to the point who will win the goal scoring battle!

3 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Never like to be negative, but I have a feeling this might be the game that brings our current unbeaten run to an end. Hope I'm wrong. I'd be delighted with a point.

Oh, I'm always negative and went to Reading and Wolves expecting nothing! So was very happy with a 4 pt. return.

Unable to go tmrw as soaking up the sun in the Canaries, but yes a point would be excellent and reinforce the progress being made.

I've been saying I expect this for a while - he's a player Johnson will trust, managers (particularly one's with less experience) will benefit from having players they trust in the dressing room. I have no objection if he replaced O'Neill who has been less useful than Jody Morris so far - replace another player in our CM contingent (other than possibly Pack) and I'd be less enamoured

To me at least, Cole is what you would call a footballers footballer. Does the stuff that makes his team play better without worrying about personal plaudits. He fills gaps when players get out of position. He wins the ball and gives it to others to create, he gives options to the back four and keeps possesion ticking over. I think his, shall we say, more talented team-mates appreciate him much more than the fans do.

The fact he has been a virtual ever present first-teamer since he was a kid speaks volumes I think.

Anyway, will he improve us? Not sure if he's any better than what we have on the pitch tbh but as a good role model for our younger players I think we would struggle to find better.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I always think this is a flawed view. Sometimes players just come to the end of their shelf life at a club for various reasons. It depends on the context..

A very apt description of Cole Skuse himself when he left Bristol City F.C. imo.

Archived