IGNORED

Bristol City podcast - review of season so far

The Exiled Robin

17 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

The was great, you make a great representative for the club.

I can't help but think of people avatars saying everything. So @Phileas Fogg always has a posh voice your  my mind and @Major Isewater sounds exactly like the Fawlty Towers character. @spudski is a bit Marilyn Monroe @Jack Dawe my brain adds a ravens caw to the end of what he says and even very simple posts by @hodge can be hilariously sarcastic.

I know, the avatars are terrible - you really think people do look like them sometimes (apart from @Robbored!)

21 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

I can't help but think of people avatars saying everything. So @Phileas Fogg always has a posh voice your  my mind and @Major Isewater sounds exactly like the Fawlty Towers character. @spudski is a bit Marilyn Monroe @Jack Dawe my brain adds a ravens caw to the end of what he says and even very simple posts by @hodge can be hilariously sarcastic.

Makes you realise how many proper characters this forum has! Thatch35 and glos old boy included!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good question - wouldn’t go that far, but I try to guess the rough ages of posters. Helps to contextualise their opinions a bit better.

I do that a little bit for my favourite posters. @Kid in the Riot in particular I imagine to be about 23, wearing Stone Island and snorting coke off train tickets in the toilets (no offence fella!). @spudski Makes me think of Craig Shakespeare, middle aged. @Red Right Hand I imagine to be a chronic masturbating builder, about 50, however. 

Thanks, it was good and interestlng. Our bad run was bad ,usch. After Preson defeat we were good. Interesting about Tomlin and Freeman. Hell of a goal he scored vs Ipswich. Tomlin unplayable, right from LJ. Still Think he is a very good player, but not in City.. Remembered every game you was talking about. Wilbs! Alone fw with no pace, he scored anyway, he he. Nic to listen. COYR!!!

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know, the avatars are terrible - you really think people do look like them sometimes (apart from @Robbored!)

My avatar is dead ringer of my last boss. She's a professor of biochemistry and neurology - one very very bright lady and gorgeous with it. Patient, understanding, kind and amusing. Almost the perfect woman.

We all loved her just a little bit..........

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My avatar is dead ringer of my last boss. She's a professor of biochemistry and neurology - one very very bright lady and gorgeous with it. Patient, understanding, kind and amusing. Almost the perfect woman.

Was she 2D and in black and white too?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And what a mark of respect to her your avatar is. 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wouldnt be able to do anything at the moment, but once things get sorted out a bit my end I would be willing to do the editing etc side of things.

Graphics wouldnt a good point for me, but I have helped produce backing sound for a few shows, and have (very) basic knowledge of what I'd be doing with sound.

As above, I have a cheap mic with a jack cable so it could be plugged directly into a PC/Laptop and a pop shield that I would be willing to give to anyone willing to do the podcast.

4 hours ago, The Exiled Robin said:

Hi all, 

Many thanks for the feedback. We did anout eight episodes of The Cider Diaries about five years ago.

Good fun but ultimately it did need someone with decent recording equipment and the time/ability to edit out the crap and get it to a length and quality we’re happy with, and do intro tunes, graphics etc 

That may all have moved on with technology and be easier but it’s not my speciality. If someone was willing to spend a bit of time

sertting it up, I’d be delighted to contribute/part-produce and get something on the airwaves! 

Give me a shout if this goes anywhere. I'm a professional composer /sound designer for film and TV and whilst I probably wouldn't have time to do editing of shows etc. I could definitely help out in getting things going...

14 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

You're right about this. 

As a random example I always imagine @RedDave's posts to be written in a probably much grumpier way than they're intended due to the expression on his avatar!

image.png.5252902e89c4ff70f4c45c1c32064cb8.png

I also think @Septic Peg's avatar suits her posts pretty well! 

Memorable avatars definitely help me remember who's who. 

@Exiled Robin listening now.

Enjoying it so far - good knowledge and background to the club. Don't necessarily agree with everything you say but an interesting listen.

This podcast has pretty good production value but definitely achievable to replicate something like this ourselves. 

Think the most interesting way to do it would be debate and having real-time listener interaction. The podcast could be streamed live and let people write in on here or Facebook/Twitter- then it gets published later on like this one. I wouldn't usually listen to one that focuses on the opposition, don't find it that interesting but maybe others would. Feel there's scope to make something quite good pretty easily.

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You're right about this. 

As a random example I always imagine @RedDave's posts to be written in a probably much grumpier way than they're intended due to the expression on his avatar!

Thanks Phil. I am indeed a man in drag who states the obvious about future Lotto winners.

Spot on. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, I remember that now. Had no idea it was from that!

I meant because lots of your posts are tongue in cheek/funny and your avatar looks like they're having a good laugh about something!

Lolz. It was indeed an inspired character. 

I hope Brian Conley does a reverse gender Paso on Strictly, and he comes out dressed like Peg...

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You're right about this. 

I am actually a pretty grumpy kinda guy

Archived