IGNORED

Decisions decisions

MC RISK77

What a problem Johnson has now,

by burton I think Pisano will be available and pack returns from ban.

what does he do, personally I would keep wright in at right back he has done a great job and probably also keep brownhill's energy in midfield.

any idea when Đurić is back as he would also be a great impact sub to bring on at the moment.

not getting ahead of myself but really feel we are starting to look like the real deal

I put Pisano right back in. That's before you realise Wright probably won't play because he's back roughly 24 hours before kickoff with travel all around Asia. 

Anyway, Pisano has to come back in for me. Provides that width and threat with crosses that I do think we miss at times. Add to that, it's Burton a team we should be looking to be all over. I personally think Pisano walks on to the pitch. Don't think too much between him and Wright defensively in that position but Pisano with the ball and going forward offers us much more. Wright has done well but he isn't a RB

21 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

What a problem Johnson has now,

by burton I think Pisano will be available and pack returns from ban.

what does he do, personally I would keep wright in at right back he has done a great job and probably also keep brownhill's energy in midfield.

any idea when Đurić is back as he would also be a great impact sub to bring on at the moment.

not getting ahead of myself but really feel we are starting to look like the real deal

Johnson said in the Post that Đurić is training on grass again, and has a new haircut!

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I put Pisano right back in. That's before you realise Wright probably won't play because he's back roughly 24 hours before kickoff with travel all around Asia. 

Anyway, Pisano has to come back in for me. Provides that width and threat with crosses that I do think we miss at times. Add to that, it's Burton a team we should be looking to be all over. I personally think Pisano walks on to the pitch. Don't think too much between him and Wright defensively in that position but Pisano with the ball and going forward offers us much more. Wright has done well but he isn't a RB

Good point forgot about the travel 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Love Pisano in the side but how many weeks will he have been out come our next game 6?

If he's fit can see him starting on the bench.

If he starts him  with Wright maybe sub his next selection problem will be Wright or Flint?

God we've got some nice problems this season!! For me with everyone fit L.J will end up with Flint on the bench.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Totally agree, we need Pisano to do what JB offers on the left. Wright won't play against Burton as LJ will give him time to recover from his international duties. Perfect scenario really!

Brownhill starts for me but maybe give Smith a rest and bench him for Burton game.

The one that will be a tough game is Leeds, very similar to how we play so could be a bit of a thriller or cancel each other out

I think a little caution would be needed, how do we know by putting pisano on, it wont disrupt the current plan current players have in place that have helped us so far be very good and sit in 5th? I say put him back on slowly from the bench when we are in the lead. Let him build into a team thats currently winning on the pitch, it would give him time and a little confidence after a few weeks off knowing that we are in the lead, and build from there??

But then I'm not the manager.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I really can't see Johnson dropping Wright. He does seem to like full backs who are good going forward. Could he drop Flint and move Wright centrally? Just asking the question.

Just can’t see it. Flint is in there on merit and is always a goal threat from set pieces. 

9 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Just can’t see it. Flint is in there on merit and is always a goal threat from set pieces. 

Why drop Flint, Wright would have been on long haul flights and played games whilst the majority will have had a well earned rest. We play a high energy tempo so can't afford to have anyone not 100% and suffering jet lag.

49 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah agree Flint deserves to be in the side. But Wright was rock solid in the middle before he covered at right back. I think Wright when played centre back has been a bit underrated by many on here. I think all 5 deserve to play, but only 4 can. I would say rotate it like we do the rest of our side, but that's not really ideal with the defence. 

My post Edge was replying to, I was talking about our fully fit back 4, thinking more about the Leeds game. I agree that Wright will probably be rested for the Burton game.

Sorry mate, didn't realise. Good thing is we have so many great options at the moment 

It won't please many people but, and this is just my opinion, Flint isn't here long term. I'm sure he's loved by everyone in the club but he's clearly been targeted by other teams and I think that interest still stands. Think Pisano is the first choice RB and Wright the first choice CB. All 3 should still get games at times with Wright needing some time off for international duty and before recently, Baker has missed plenty of games with injuries and has a suspension or two in him. 

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It won't please many people but, and this is just my opinion, Flint isn't here long term. I'm sure he's loved by everyone in the club but he's clearly been targeted by other teams and I think that interest still stands. Think Pisano is the first choice RB and Wright the first choice CB. All 3 should still get games at times with Wright needing some time off for international duty and before recently, Baker has missed plenty of games with injuries and has a suspension or two in him. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your first sentence.

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

It’s a Squad game these days - and we appear to have a squad that can rest jaded  players 

Exactly. Players need to be given opportunities to play to keep their confidence up. Gone are the days where you'd have the same 11 play week in week out - It's not as efficient. You have a squad of players for a reason. ZV, BW, and EP are all capable right backs and they'll all get their chance over the course of the season.

7 hours ago, Rob k said:

It’s a Squad game these days - and we appear to have a squad that can rest jaded  players 

Absolutely. A lot of fans have trouble getting their heads around this and assume a player`s been dropped for some reason when in fact he`s being rested. Our very own poster boy Thatch35 laid into LJ the other game (Derby?) for bigging up Pato and then `dropping` him when most of the rest of us could see what was happening - I suspect he wasn`t alone though.

The sooner fans understand that just because a `regular` player doesn`t feature for one game it`s not because he`s `fallen out of favour` or `hasn`t been doing it in training`, it`s probably down to his biometrics showing he needs a rest. As long as we have capable players to step in, no problem.

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't really get this, commonly heard, view. 

If any club wanted Flint, I mean actually wanted him, rather than just just trying to pinch him at cut price, then all they had to do was offer £4/5million in August. 

Nobody did. 

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't really get this, commonly heard, view. 

If any club wanted Flint, I mean actually wanted him, rather than just just trying to pinch him at cut price, then all they had to do was offer £4/5million in August. 

Nobody did. 

There was clearly interest just not at our price. A lot more on the line come January. He may stay even then but I doubt he'll be seeing out his contract through what? 2019? 2020? Again it's just my opinion but I think we are keeping him in the shop window so to speak. He'll still get games like when Wright returns from international duty. He'll probably play the cup games as well. Just don't think he's in LJ's long term plans. Anyway, with that opinion, I think Pisano comes back and BW takes Flint's spot. 

54 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

There was clearly interest just not at our price. A lot more on the line come January. He may stay even then but I doubt he'll be seeing out his contract through what? 2019? 2020? Again it's just my opinion but I think we are keeping him in the shop window so to speak. He'll still get games like when Wright returns from international duty. He'll probably play the cup games as well. Just don't think he's in LJ's long term plans. Anyway, with that opinion, I think Pisano comes back and BW takes Flint's spot. 

And with SC getting the Birmingham gig....................

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

It seemed at the start of the season he was not in LJs long term plans but seeing how he handled himself during the transfer window and now on the field, do you think LJ may have a change of thought? If we can afford to keep him, maybe LJ may look at offloading Hörður or Jens instead.

Archived