IGNORED

Ipswich forum

JBFC II

What a bitter bunch they are, summed up by this thread: 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/415178/bristol-city-were-hardly-excellent.../#8

Apparently we are a mediocre team who didn't deserve a win at all.... 

Oh and Garner didn't deserve to get sent off because Flint stamped on him and our whole team were unsporting and played the referee throughout the game.... 

Sour grapes I think

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Oh and Garner didn't deserve to get sent off because Flint stamped on him and our whole team were unsporting and played the referee throughout the game.... 

Sour grapes I think

Remind you of anything?

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Sour grapes I think

I like the last comment on their forum "You don't get anywhere in football being nice". We are a tough nut to crack and get stuck in but don't cross the line, add in pace, energy and skill and you have an effective combination that gets results. Just hope we don't burn out as the squad at the moment are high on confidence and go out expecting to win every game 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Remind you of anything?

it's not always easy to understand what you are talking about, but I assume you are trying to say that many posters on this forum are also not magnanimous in defeat when we obviously deserve to lose, well I beg to differ I would say that the vast majority are extremely aware of when we are well beaten.

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Sour grapes I think

So ONE Ipswich fan is a bit of a knob. Plenty on there saying we look like a good side and better than them on the day.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's not always easy to understand what you are talking about, but I assume you are trying to say that many posters on this forum are also not magnanimous in defeat when we obviously deserve to lose, well I beg to differ I would say that the vast majority are extremely aware of when we are well beaten.

The point EMB is that football fans have pretty much the same makeup regardless of which team they follow.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The point EMB is that football fans have pretty much the same makeup regardless of which team they follow.

Well I don't agree, I feel like modern society there is a sense of entitlement from perceived bigger clubs and for all of the diverse opinions on OTIB, I really believe (the vast majority) can put our hands up when we are well and truly beaten.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well I don't agree, I feel like modern society there is a sense of entitlement from perceived bigger clubs and for all of the diverse opinions on OTIB, I really believe (the vast majority) can put our hands up when we are well and truly beaten.

We're on different pages on this subject EMB.

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A few of them saying "not at Fulham's level". 

Feeling fairly happy to go toe to toe with anyone right now. 

Except for Wolves away again. 

We scored 3 against them on their own patch and I thought we were good for the point on the night and they were the ones who actually had to sneak a point in the end.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We scored 3 against them on their own patch and I thought we were good for the point on the night and they were the ones who actually had to sneak a point in the end.

All true. But watching them play, I think we'd struggle to do that again. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

All true. But watching them play, I think we'd struggle to do that again. 

Fordy they will bitch like **** to the referee, they will go down easily, they will roll around like they have been shot and hopefully a strong referee will stand up to them again. if Wolves decide to just play football they will win this league and so they should with the amount of money they have spent.

But they don't like it up em.

Great news. For years we've had powder puff players who have been unwilling to really get "stuck in" and show a bit of gamesmanship. So glad we got colossal players like Baker and Flint playing for our club. 

As for Ipswich, 15 years in the same division would drive anyone to go mentally insane. I feel for them.

I would be interested to know if Ipswich fans have seen a better team at Portman Road this season in the first half than us. Especially the first 20 minutes I thought we humiliated them, quite frankly.

For 90 minutes they had no passing game to speak of, were lucky to come in at HT 2-1 down, and will not be top 6 come the end of the season playing like that.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Our 2 poorest performances of the season Brum and Brentford were both rightly picked to pieces and we gained an unlikely point in one of them.

In every football club of whatever team there will be a huge diversity of fans. City, Ipswich and Watford are all the same as each other - the universal subconscious in other words.

Otib is no different to any of their fans forums. We are a hugely diverse bunch of individuals just as they all are. We see complaints about referees, moans about the manager and players. Whinges about having no luck......Premature assesments of new players....

We also get pragmatic views. Some of us know we were done by a better team and are content to say so - just like pretty much all fans forums.

Thats my point EMB. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In every football club of whatever team there will be a huge diversity of fans. City, Ipswich and Watford are all the same as each other - the universal subconscious in other words.

Otib is no different to any of their fans forums. We are a hugely diverse bunch of individuals just as they all are. We see complaints about referees, moans about the manager and players. Whinges about having no luck......Premature assesments of new players....

We also get pragmatic views. Some of us know we were done by a better team and are content to say so - just like pretty much all fans forums.

Thats my point EMB. 

You might remember the sentiment of this from that was the week that was, many years ago.

Manu "I look down on him because he is not in the premiership".

Ipswich "I look up to him because he is the premiership, but I look down on him because we used to be a big club with history and have won titles and cups and he has not"

Bristol City "I know my place".

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You might remember the sentiment of this from that was the week that was, many years ago.

Manu "I look down on him because he is not in the premiership".

Ipswich "I look up to him because he is the premiership, but I look down on him because we used to be a big club with history and have won titles and cups and he has not"

Bristol City "I know my place".

I do remember it EMB

John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett.

Sadly, two of them no longer with us.

Archived