IGNORED

Ipswich forum

JBFC II

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You might remember the sentiment of this from that was the week that was, many years ago.

Manu "I look down on him because he is not in the premiership".

Ipswich "I look up to him because he is the premiership, but I look down on him because we used to be a big club with history and have won titles and cups and he has not"

Bristol City "I know my place".

Basically the caste system from ‘Brave New World’

Does anyone have any Soma?

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You might remember the sentiment of this from that was the week that was, many years ago.

Manu "I look down on him because he is not in the premiership".

Ipswich "I look up to him because he is the premiership, but I look down on him because we used to be a big club with history and have won titles and cups and he has not"

Bristol City "I know my place".

One for the kids, Esmond

33 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The best fans for getting on and just accepting it (and they too are a big club) this season were Derby. Mind you, we did pummel 'em a bit.

I read a lot of posts on their forum and they were really decent. Surprised me to be honest.

In 2017 we're back in the same division as Bolton and Derby County. The two teams that were relegated with us from the top flight in 1980. We've beaten both this season, finally we're back on the up!

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well Mick McCarthy chats a lot of sense IMO . And he said we deserved to win. That will do for me . But Ipswich fans on Twitter very very bitter. Taking the piss out of the away support. When they had an attendance of 15k . :blink: . Also we've been crying out for city to be a bit more nastier. Good 

Living in Ipswich fuels most of their bitter vitriol

Good evening everyone

Polite Ipswich fan here based in the West Country just offering warm congratulations on a well-merited win today. I wasn't at the game but followed it (ahem) online and there was no disputing the outcome. There were a few outspoken comments on the Ipswich forum thread highlighted by the opening poster but they are not representative. Most of us know what we saw, a well-balanced team who got the better of us. The result reflected the balance of play.

I regularly post on the Ipswich forum (and was the person who compiled the match preview on our site from your comments on here) and I keep a friendly but objective eye on how you are progressing. You have unquestionably moved forward from last season with more strength in depth, a better balance in all departments and, crucially, a tenacity which was lacking last season. I daresay last season's team may have wobbled when we pulled a goal back but I knew we were still in trouble even at 2-1 down this time.

Most Ipswich fans would have bitten your arm off in August if you had offered us a mid-table finish and we are precisely this, better than the weaker teams but struggling against the stronger ones. As things stand, I reckon you have 'play-offs' written all over you all things being equal. You were able to ride today without two important players in Pisano and Pack while we struggled in midfield when Adeyemi pulled out at the last minute.

All good wishes for the rest of the season and I hope you avoid the injury plagues which can derail a campaign. It will be interesting to see where we are when the St Patrick's Day re-match comes around and I reckon you will still be there or thereabouts. It really is all about accumulating points and keeping in touch right now. Oh yes, and I'm also relieved that Luke Bloody Freeman wasn't around today to have his usual once-in-a-blue-moon brilliant game against us. Well done on a good win today and all the best over the winter.

Personally I always like to read , all opponents post match comments , as I see it as a really interesting / good guide as to the reality of how we played / look from a non City Fans perspective

Take away any bitter and twisted posts or extreme views and you tend to get a decent judgement from a third parts view (I regard a lot of (sensible) supporters views as more accurate than most media)

Take away the odd p'd off , or bitter Tractor Boy comment ,  I thought the below comments reinforced my belief , and what appears to be the general belief around , that we look to be on the verge of something really decent :fingerscrossed:

Yeah just that. If teams start quickly against us we really don't know what to do, because we are so slow out of the blocks. They were so busy all game, we looked shocked

They looked a really good side, got so many men forwards without getting caught out - striker an absolute beast.

IT struck me yesterday that City were the team Mick would like to have. Tight at the back and in midfield, with big men in defence and a big (expensive) beast up front, well organised and efficient

“... they did us up like a kipper. They outplayed us in the first 30-40minutes. And after the break they managed the game and snuffed us out. 

First 20 minutes they murdered us. 

Generally though, they did us up like a kipper. They outplayed us in the first 30-40minutes. And after the break they managed the game and snuffed us out

felt as though they did a bit of a job on us - especially in the second half when they really managed to shut the game down. 

I must say Bristol City are solid and strong and also gave flair in their side and to think some on here though they were weak and would probably be relegated quite the opposite in my eyes

Brizzle look a good side and certainly deserved the win

Add that to @Olé s comprehensive and glowing report , those comments read really nice

:clapping:

COYR

16 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well I don't agree, I feel like modern society there is a sense of entitlement from perceived bigger clubs and for all of the diverse opinions on OTIB, I really believe (the vast majority) can put our hands up when we are well and truly beaten.

Yes, I see someone wrote  "...................this is what you expect DOWN in this division "

Says it all about former Prem fans, where as we would say....."UP in this division " !

17 hours ago, JBFC II said:

What a bitter bunch they are, summed up by this thread: 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/415178/bristol-city-were-hardly-excellent.../#8

Apparently we are a mediocre team who didn't deserve a win at all.... 

Oh and Garner didn't deserve to get sent off because Flint stamped on him and our whole team were unsporting and played the referee throughout the game.... 

Sour grapes I think

did you actually read past he first bitter and twisted comment, I thought most of the other posters were very complimentary.

Many fair comments I thought, and a general note of despondency about their own team's talents which explains some of the poorer remarks.

Credit to them for referring to us as “Bristol City” and not just “Bristol”, though odd reference to “Brizzle” which somehow doesn't seem so bad.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Personally I always like to read , all opponents post match comments

This one stood out to me, with all the whining about the Ref this one I liked.

I've seen a lot of moaning about the ref, but in all honesty I don't think he got too much wrong. Lots of niggly 50/50s including Garner and half of them went against him - we shouldn't complain too much seeing as everyone on here acknowledges that Garner is a horrible niggling/cheating type of player who seems to go out of his way to push the rules. 

Specially the underlined bit

Archived