IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Ian M

Yeah, great effort.  Bit of maverick and if I recall correctly Forest fans were divided on him.  LJ said he always liked him as a player, that he had something.  Fairly play to LJ, he has. 

And mostly of course to Jamie, turning inconsistent performances albeit it sprinkled with class, into consistently class performances and tireless running.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

How Forest were okay to let him go I have no idea. I guess it's the same with us, Ayling and Cunningham, but what a player he's turning in to.

To be fair I think there was a period last season when it was quite clear why they let him go.

Seems to be very much a confidence, when things are going well type of player. Long may it continue!

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

How Forest were okay to let him go I have no idea. I guess it's the same with us, Ayling and Cunningham, but what a player he's turning in to.

Paterson has undeniable quality but was rarely consistent.

Like Bobby Reid , he has upped his game.

Credit to our coaches and the lad for taking his chance.

Imagine a player of Tomlins ability, who can offers more than attacking ability due to the amount they run and isn't a complete tool off the pitch and around the dressing room!

Good work Pato keep it up, hopefully CoD can chip in with a few assists as for Leko and Elliasson and we will be dangerous 

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I remember Britt Assombalonga who was his best mate and roomie at Forest going nuts on twitter and more or less saying if Pato`s going then so am I. It was back when Forest were in real financial trouble before their takeover so I guess they needed all the cash they could get.

Their loss, our gain.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Imagine a player of Tomlins ability, who can offers more than attacking ability due to the amount they run and isn't a complete tool off the pitch and around the dressing room!

Good work Pato keep it up, hopefully CoD can chip in with a few assists as for Leko and Elliasson and we will be dangerous 

Personally I don't think he has Tomlins natural ability with a football BUT would I rather have Pato in the team over Tomlin? Every single day of the week. 

Effects a game even when he's having a off day, not something you can say about LT. 

Long may it continue. 

I'm sure I saw a tweet saying Patterson was 2nd in EUROPE for creating clear cut chances. He's a player who some games dosnt look like he's gets involved as much, but his quality on the ball is understated and rarely loses possession. Playing with Joe Bryan making overlapping runs helps as he likes to cut inside 

This isn't (Or shouldn't be) any flash in the pan 

Patterson was excellent when he was breaking through at Walsall and showed oodles of ability. , I thought 'Wish we would go in for someone like him' 

He went to the Championship with Forest at the time and I've followed him quite closely at Forest and Huddersfield - he's never lost that real quality and ability but was inconsistent , or managers failed to get the best of him at times

Quite simply LJ is getting the best out of him and JP is showing the real quality he's always possessed (Well done LJ)

Only thing I'd say , he will always have games / spells where things don't run his way and he loses confidence .... but ... on the flip side , potentially , if JP wants it , the best is yet to come IMHO :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This isn't (Or shouldn't be) any flash in the pan 

Patterson was excellent when he was breaking through at Walsall and showed oodles of ability. , I thought 'Wish we would go in for someone like him' 

He went to the Championship with Forest at the time and I've followed him quite closely at Forest and Huddersfield - he's never lost that real quality and ability but was inconsistent , or managers failed to get the best of him at times

Quite simply LJ is getting the best out of him and JP is showing the real quality he's always possessed (Well done LJ)

Only thing I'd say , he will always have games / spells where things don't run his way and he loses confidence .... but ... on the flip side , potentially the best is yet to come IMHO :thumbsup:

And at 25, at or approaching his peak.

Playing in a relatively settled side, in a relatively settled style is helping too imho.

It is so apparent how important two good feet are in the creative positions, defenders have no idea which way you’re going to go.  

1. Left foot cross for Diedhiou v Bolton

2. Right foot cross for Diedhiou v Ipswich

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Playing in a relatively settled side, in a relatively settled style is helping too imho.

It is so apparent how important two good feet are in the creative positions, defenders have no idea which way you’re going to go.  

Think he's capable of more goals Dave - that's not a criticism - just the next 'target' 

Tbf where and how he's asked to play affects that but he is capable of regular double figure goal returns potentially

I will go back to his 1st interview when first signed  , Pato  when asked by the interviewer  (A B I Think )  What type of player are you ? To which Pato replied I like to play "off the cuff"   F rom that moment on I always wondered if he could play in the same team as a certain Lee Tomlin ! For me our Jamie has "come out of his shell" since L T Has moved on .   So in a more mobile way he  has and will get more assists and goals at half the price !

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Players like him generally peak between 27-31 so lots of mileage left. Very exciting player and becoming one of our most valuable assets.

8 hours ago, brad blit said:

I'm sure I saw a tweet saying Patterson was 2nd in EUROPE for creating clear cut chances. He's a player who some games dosnt look like he's gets involved as much, but his quality on the ball is understated and rarely loses possession. Playing with Joe Bryan making overlapping runs helps as he likes to cut inside 

I think the main thing is Reid is feeding him continually throughout the game, not those passes where you give someone a lame pass to enable you to get to a better position - but getting Paterson the ball in quality dangerous positions. Paterson is then using the space and positions to score / assist players. They are all working together perfectly, feeding of each other.

Archived