IGNORED

Whether you Think the Bubble Will Burst or Not....

....It's still a credit to Johnson for fashioning this team and their performances this season so far.

Brentford aside (a spectacle in itself), the performances have improved and we have played in manner that, put into context at this level, is very reassuring and enjoyable.

Early days and a lot can happen between now and Christmas. Last season, for me, the opening 2 months were underpinned by a sense of impending doom. At least this has been a fun opening 2 months that have given more confidence in what Lee Johnson is trying to achieve.

Cue the Major.........:thumbsup:

We were very fortunate at Brentford and could easily have come away with nothing from Reading and Wolves. But in fact we picked up 5 points. These battling and well fought results seemed to install a huge amount of confidence. Since then we've looked well worth all the points we've gathered and look stronger each match, collectively and individually. Very encouraging.

Will the bubble burst ? Of course it could, but  I suspect not as the key ingredient is there in abundance and that's confidence. Obviously confidence can be fragile, but the experience gained from last season and a few new faces should have resolved that issue. 

The other issues are holding on to 3 or 4 key players in January who have really put themselves in the Butons window and having a Plan B as opposition managers adjust their tactics against us. I'm optimistic re both. The only game I fear now is Cardiff as I'm sure Warnocks got a psychological edge over Lee, but those would  be the most thrilling victories if they occur. 

I'm trying not to get carried away but we are witnessing a magical time at City .

We , if anything , look to be getting stronger.

Our players don't fear anyone . We are bossing other teams in a way that I've rarely , if ever, witnessed a City side do home and away .

The only match where  we were not quite at the races was away to Brentford , who to their credit , played very well and are now stringing some results together.

We aren't going to go the whole season without setbacks but I feel we have enough about us to maintain progress and possibly , whisper it , promotion .

Just carry on this unbeaten run for as long as possible, even if with a couple of draws we are bound to drop a few places.

I'm not looking/expecting Play-Offs look at last season, Leeds slipped with a handful of games left. I don't want our fans expecting Play-Offs and then getting disappointed if we miss out. It's a long old season and it's been a hell of a start, go through October unbeaten and I'll be extremely happy! 

Be class if we can carry this on and be class if we do lose one to bounce back and get on it again. Confidence is high so you'd like to think if we do lose it won't effect them to much anyway.

Think someone said in this thread Cardiff is a big game and they worry about it. I do echo the sentiments, that could be any result and do us a world of pain or good. 

Coyr

My view is probably the same as many.  I am trying to not get excited by our improvement and it occurs to me that last season could be a blessing in disguise: If us fans are trying to keep a level head due to nam-esk flashbacks then the players themselves must be feeling this all the more. LJ’s sensible attitude of breaking the season up into small blocks of five or so games to focus totally on, rather than the season as a whole, must help. The fact that hard work and discipline to press, ect for 90+ on the pitch, rather than wondergoals or luck, has got us the points must reinforce this to the players. Results will go against us though, but as the players know that hard work got us up the table they will know that hard work will stop us sinking down it too.

I'm quite unashamedly loving it!  

"I'll be happy with a point up at Ipswich, blah blah blah....". 3-1 me babbers!  Have a bit of that.  If you're a City fan and not loving it right now then I feel very sorry for you.

Will the bubble burst?  I prefer to think of it not as a bubble but us learning a new way of life.  Like new eating behaviours instead of a diet.

We will only know though when we next get beaten, especially if it's a game we were expecting to win.

The 6-0 defeat at Ipswich in the Championship play-off season did not derail us then.  Let's hope for the same this time. 

Archived