IGNORED

Leeds Utd Sat 21st Oct

Dolman Block B

If we beat Burton on Friday 13th surely the Leeds game on the 21st will see the biggest crowd at Ashton Gate since the finished refurbishment.

Both clubs will be top 4/5 and this game will be buzzing.

Understand that Leeds have already sold their allocation of 3900, and no doubt those local South West Leeds fans will be chasing tickets in home areas.

Would absolutley love it if we could get 27,000, lets be honest we should the way the lads are playing.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

If we beat Burton on Friday 13th surely the Leeds game on the 21st will see the biggest crowd at Ashton Gate since the finished refurbishment.

Understand that Leeds have already sold their allocation of 3900, and no doubt those local South West Leeds fans will be chasing tickets in home areas.

Would absolutley love it if we could get 27,000, lets be honest we should the way the lads are playing.

Thoughts?

I don't think they have. Yet. 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Not sure how Leeds have already sold allocation.... not on sale until Tuesday......

Think Leeds will sell out , but as usual overexcited people , I think they will get 3700 as was given to villa , this seems to be the figure for sell outs  with a bit of segration  this year , but not sold yet as you say , we get this shit every time  , told Villa sold out but 600 short in reality,  then bringing Derby 2000 , but really 1500 , but instantly rubbish our attendances, calm down people 

Think Leeds will sell all their allocation and I don't see why it shouldn't be 27 k sell out no need for segregation as away fans have all of end ,easy to police keep them in after game with external gates locked , clear home fans and take away fans from ground easy ! This should make for a good night COYR 

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Think Leeds will sell all their allocation and I don't see why it shouldn't be 27 k sell out no need for segregation as away fans have all of end ,easy to police keep them in after game with external gates locked , clear home fans and take away fans from ground easy ! This should make for a good night COYR 

Don't the club have to shell out for some sort of parking scheme if we hit capacity?

4 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

There will never be 27,000 fans at a football match at Ashton Gate, as it currently is. 

11 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

3pm KO

5 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Thoughts?

After their game against Sheff W today, we have moved up to 4th and Leeds dropped to 5th.

I don't see why on small anticipated gates i.e. Burton poss 18k the club don't poach fans for future give tickets to all schools in a catchment area i.e. Every school gets 100 free tickets ( just a figure) and fill the upper section of new stand this helps players with generated atmosphere and possibly brings in repeat support for future fixtures - once you get the bug . Even if kids don't attend nothing lost , they might attend with parents so a win win sinareo 

15 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I don't see why on small anticipated gates i.e. Burton poss 18k the club don't poach fans for future give tickets to all schools in a catchment area i.e. Every school gets 100 free tickets ( just a figure) and fill the upper section of new stand this helps players with generated atmosphere and possibly brings in repeat support for future fixtures - once you get the bug . Even if kids don't attend nothing lost , they might attend with parents so a win win sinareo 

Exactly, absolutely no downside, except for stewarding costs I'd assume, but average spend per fan in the stadium would probably mean the club would make a profit. I can't see why they aren't doing this. From a monetary perspective it makes perfect sense.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If we got to the prem there certainly would be. Demand will out strip supply so the club will do all they can to squeeze in as many people as possible.

It won't go to 27,000 for football. 

The one thing the club should do for this game is just get the top tier of the Lansdown on sale from the get go. 

If it doesn't sell, then it will back their case when it's called for in future, but let's give everyone every option for getting to this game. No excuses!

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Love to see the ground full, or as full as possible, but a full away end adds to the atmosphere very much as well.

With three or four thousand seats expected to be empty, I think it might be worth a little promotion to get these filled.  What would it take to fill the ground?

3 or 4 thousand?

Not going to be 27k whatever happens. Segregation sees to that. As for promotions can't see them doing it for a game that will sell well anyway. 
If we beat Burton and continue the good form, and Leeds fill their allocation (which I'm sure they will) then I think it will be 25+ , but we won't get 27k unless we get a good cuptie where they feel comfortable giving the whole Atyeo away, a game like a Liverpool then we might.

6 hours ago, kivsy said:

No doubt our 27 k stadium will only use 25 k.  With the rest for segregation  ! 

Yep! Did anyone else notice there was zero segregation at Huddersfield v Spurs....no empty seats between the two sets of fans whatsoever, just a couple of stewards on the stairs....how can done clubs achieve this whereas we have always seemed to be so determined to keep huge spaces between fans in the past?! .....obviously it's not as big an issue now with the Atyeo Stand being entirely for away fans but am I right in thinking it will never sell out as the front few rows have to be kept empty?!

Archived