IGNORED

Leeds Utd Sat 21st Oct

Dolman Block B

34 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Regardless of the above arguments, £41 is a ridiculous price to charge for a match day ticket.

It doesn't fill me with confidence as to what prices would be set at were we ever to actually make it to the premiership.

To be fair, there are many tickets (and still 100s available) at a much lower price.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I remember being in a crowd of 31,000 when City played Leeds in the old First Division .

The match abandoned due to fog .

:grr:

I was on the park end that day, the only way we knew if anything was going on at the east end was by the crowd noise and the occasional player silhouette appearing out of the pea souper!

As someone who's always had a season ticket / card but didn't renew for various reasons this summer, I've found the POTD prices very high but it's the chance you take I suppose. It's not really something I particularly looked at in the past but there's the reason to buy a SC.

50 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Regardless of the above arguments, £41 is a ridiculous price to charge for a match day ticket.

It doesn't fill me with confidence as to what prices would be set at were we ever to actually make it to the premiership.

Can be where the membership comes in handy, £41 becomes £36, while still expensive you're talking about the premium tickets in the ground, if you're buying tickets and don't want to pay that much buy them somewhere else in the ground. If the club finds there's little demand when they open the top tier I imagine one of the considerations when reviewing will be price. 

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I would like a ' flavour ' of a Ferrari Testarossa but I'm not going to pay the 100, 000 quid for one .

:disapointed2se:

I was just giving a reason as to why only 100 seats have been sold in the West Stand, no need to be so sarcastic

I'm a member and haven't sat in the upper West Stand yet so have bought a ticket for the Leeds game. £35 for me, but as I think this could be a blindingly good atmosphere I decided to shell out more than I usually would to sit up there.

Ironically, I mentioned this to a good friend of mine and he said another of our friends can't make the game and I could have had his season ticket for nowt!!

3 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I'm a member and haven't sat in the upper West Stand yet so have bought a ticket for the Leeds game. £35 for me, but as I think this could be a blindingly good atmosphere I decided to shell out more than I usually would to sit up there.

Ironically, I mentioned this to a good friend of mine and he said another of our friends can't make the game and I could have had his season ticket for nowt!!

Careful what you say about using someone else's season ticket, there are a few "holier than thou" merchants on this forum who will get well upset

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

Awh mate lets not defend it, there shouldn't be a single ticket for sale in the ground at that price.

Too right. It's a ******* lot of money to watch, lest we forget, Championship football. 41 quid, as well as drinks, probably food, train tickets or fuel, it all adds up.

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Careful what you say about using someone else's season ticket, there are a few "holier than thou" merchants on this forum who will get well upset

Really? 

I've seen people get funny about adults using kids tickets but never an adult using another adults ticket that isn't going to be used.

I know someone that often uses a kids ST but he pays to upgrade it to an adult one whenever he does use it.

Surely both uses are better than empty seats?

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I was just giving a reason as to why only 100 seats have been sold in the West Stand, no need to be so sarcastic

I was illustrating that everything has a price . 

The motivation has to be higher than the offer .

At what price would they buy ? 

I agree that football is too expensive in the U.K. and am appalled by the obscene amounts of money swilling about in the game . 

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

After we go second on Friday and sit just a point off leaders Cardiff after their defeat against Birmingham, the tickets will fly off the shelves to see us go top when we turn the mighty Leeds over.

Not to sure. People in general are having a rough time economically. **** TM.

8 hours ago, harrys said:

Not at all. If it's an adult ticket. 

It's people trying to scab in and have the club over on an underaged tickets that "some of us" don't like. 

5 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

If tickets are £40 plus in the top tier of the Lansdown it makes me wonder if the club ever want to sell out?

At £30 i reckon they would have almost all been gone.

Then why haven't all the tickets that are priced at under £30 sold out yet..?!

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Too right. It's a ******* lot of money to watch, lest we forget, Championship football. 41 quid, as well as drinks, probably food, train tickets or fuel, it all adds up.

Whatever people might or might not think about the match ticket price, the other factors are utterly irrelevant, as far as the club is concerned. 

Having spent much time in and around the Middle East I can tell you that largely due to the unreliable  water systems that the vast majority of people buy fresh water from plastic containers both family and hand size, 

Shores around the Sothern Mediterranean coast line is full of discarded plastic bottles which as we all know are harmful to sea life and - worryingly - are not biodegradable.

That area alone would/should be on the top priority list.

Archived