IGNORED

Let's be honest here

Londoner

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Because villa are the best team in this league by a considerable margain.

Outstanding they aint.

So the "best team in this league by a considerable margin" have failed to win over half their games, so far this season, yet you claim that the rest of the league are "bang average"

Do you actually think about what you post, before you post it..?! 

I literally cannot remember a single season when there have not been at least a small handful of people dismissing the league we are in as average and weaker than in previous seasons. Let's not forget last season Reading (who never looked exceptional) and Huddersfield (who had a negative goal difference) contested the play-off finals.

Even as far as 2007/2008, it looked like a weak division as Stoke went up but we and Hull made the play-off final. Stoke have become premier league fixtures and Hull stayed up, disproving that. 

The reality is this season Wolves have, on paper, one of the most impressive sides ever assembled in the Championship, Birmingham spent a fortune and got walloped by Hull. Where Londoner could have a point is I think the teams that have dropped down from the Premier League are weaker than usual. But, that aside, this division is as tough and competitive as it has ever been. There will always be someone trotting out the cliche that this is an average division and weaker than previous seasons. It doesn't really need any more attention than a quick tick-off of the 'cliche bingo' playing card...

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So the "best team in this league by a considerable margin" have failed to win over half their games, so far this season, yet you claim that the rest of the league are "bang average"

Do you actually think about what you post, before you post it..?! 

Just wait. Be patient.

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Just wait. Be patient.

Wait for what..?

You say the league is "bang average" and that Villa are the best team by a "considerable margin"

Well, over half of the "bang average" teams that Villa have played so far have taken points off of them. So, maybe they aren't as "bang average" as you like to claim. 

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

But it's not really optimism is it? Londoner is trying some reverse psychology  (don't forget he is an academic) to denigrate our start to the season and heap pressure onto the management.

He makes that clear in his replies regarding who he is praising, and despite the title, it is a thoroughly dishonest post.

fair do mate, i actually didn't bother reading the rest of the thread because I thought it was such a daft post in the first place! Didn't realize he was being disingenuous. 

On 01/10/2017 at 13:52, Londoner said:

This season is our best chance to get promoted to the premier league. Better than the play off season, and most likely better than any other season in the near future.

Why? 1) we have a squad and side that is just as good as the majority in this league  (villa and Boro aside) fortunately Boro are in a period of transition with their new manager and his unique style which takes time to understand.

Don't get me wrong, Villa will get promoted.

2) because this league is bang average, far more average than any other season in our Championship history. There is no Brighton Newcastle etc who were streets ahead of the rest. There are no outstanding teams in this league and we need to take this opportunity while it's here.

It's pretty evident that Cardiff Leeds sheff utd are average.....simple as that.

We have the squad, we have the structure....we have a management team and especially head coach where the dury is still out.....why? Common theme with LJ is horrendous runs....lets hope this doesn't happen this season.

Realisticly, we should be expecting the playoffs as a minimum. Not at the start of the season but results change expectations there is no way around that.

As time goes on. This becomes more and more relevant.

13 minutes ago, Londoner said:

That many disagreed with.

It's carries no more relevance.

I think from memory most people had a gripe that you labelled the league 'bang average' - How you measure that I don't know!

I just think your trying to blow your own trumpet. 

43 minutes ago, Londoner said:

As time goes on. This becomes more and more relevant.

How? Villa aren’t the best team in the league, it is a fairly strong championship as it always is and regardless, at the start of / early In this season we should have been far from “expecting” playoffs. Ok now we can adjust our expectations a little but I’d still be fairly happy with a top 10 finish

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

How? Villa aren’t the best team in the league, it is a fairly strong championship as it always is and regardless, at the start of / early In this season we should have been far from “expecting” playoffs. Ok now we can adjust our expectations a little but I’d still be fairly happy with a top 10 finish

You lack drive and aspiration

Archived