IGNORED

Midfield pairing

DevonRed794

Smith would be my first choice in there. He is more mobile than Pack, sees the danger quicker than Pack & Brownhill, as good on the ball as both of them. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy with either two. But imo, Smith is massively underrated at times. Just look back to last season & from memory, I'm fairly sure results started to change around about the time we got a fit Smith back. COYR 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Smith has played every minute of every game and we are fourth, yet a lot wouldn’t have him in their team.  Stunned.

Good stat. 

I don't think many "don't want Smith in the team" it's a nice problem to have when we have 2 places for 3/4 genuine options. 

Even better that we have those options for every single position! 

Smith was captain for Oldham when LJ was there he clearly rates him. Obviously that was in a lower league but I would say Smith has developed as a player since then. I myself am more than happy to see Smith in the starting 11 on a weekly basis, very busy player and can run up and down the pitch for 90 mins every week. Would love to see him in an more advanced role as he has shown he does have a more creative side to him ( trying to remember his brace a couple of seasons back in the cup, Cheltenham i think?) However who do you bring in to cover/compliment this? Brownhill, Pack or Heleger? 

On current form I would say out best partnership is any of the following: 

Pack & Smith

Smith & Brownhill

Both partnerships have shown that they have a good understanding of each other, I dont think you could choose one over the other. I would be happy with any of those in the starting line up. 

Must admit at the start of the season, probably wouldn't have had Smith in there, however with the confidence he is playing with he is getting back to the player we saw in his first season, Pack is great for the spreading the ball and the disguised passes between the lines and Brownhill for his scoring ability. 

3 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

On current form I would say out best partnership is any of the following: 

Pack & Smith

Smith & Brownhill

Pack & Brownhill

All three partnerships have shown that they have a good understanding of each other, I dont think you could choose one over the other. I would be happy with any of those in the starting line up. 

When have Pack and Brownhill played together in a midfield two?

Archived