IGNORED

Johnson could be poached!!

Top Robin

I never thought I would say or even think this after the last couple of seasons but I think he is in a position right now where he could quite easily be snapped up by another club.......even lower position Premier teams.

He's young, has the right attitude, his image and persona are good and he has revamped a struggling team into his mound and now reaping the rewards.

There a are a few clubs who are struggling at the present who could well come in for him based on what he has done thus far.

I think there may be a number of 'Johnson outers' (and I was leading that call up until a few weeks ago!) who would now be gutted if he were poached by another club. 

Now what a massive turnaround that would be......from desperate for us to get shot of him to praying that he stays.

If any club does come knocking we best hope that Lee has a degree of loyalty to us and had forgotten the hatred thrown out at him a few months ago (and I was as guilty and many others)

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

If any club does come knocking we best hope that Lee has a degree of loyalty to us and had forgotten the hatred thrown out at him a few months ago (and I was as guilty and many others)

In most cases I'd say it's naive to suggest a manager may display loyalty but in this instance I feel it's a consideration. 

Against all odds he kept his job last season, he has a debt to Lansdown in my opinion and will hopefully feel obliged to stay here as long as he's required.

I genuinely believe that LJ has unfinished business here. He wants to get this club to the Premier league before he looks at anything else. 

He's young (very young) and has time to take on "bigger" offers once he achieves his "ambition" here. 

I'm sure SL's loyalty is a 2 way thing and, bar a "can't say no" offer from one of the countries Elite clubs, I don't think he'd be tempted (enough) by a bottom Prem team offer. 

Villa might well have tempted him last season, but he made his position very clear at the time. Since then, his relationship with SL can only have got a whole lot stronger. 

I'd love to know the odds on LJ being England manager at some point in his life. At his age, being English, if he were to achieve his goals here, I think there could be every chance that he'd get that opportunity at some stage in his career. 

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I never thought I would say or even think this after the last couple of seasons but I think he is in a position right now where he could quite easily be snapped up by another club.......even lower position Premier teams.

He's young, has the right attitude, his image and persona are good and he has revamped a struggling team into his mound and now reaping the rewards.

There a are a few clubs who are struggling at the present who could well come in for him based on what he has done thus far.

I think there may be a number of 'Johnson outers' (and I was leading that call up until a few weeks ago!) who would now be gutted if he were poached by another club. 

Now what a massive turnaround that would be......from desperate for us to get shot of him to praying that he stays.

This is the sort of extreme swing in reaction that could make us look a bit silly.

I've always supported retaining LJ (though at times that was just in hope rather than expectation).

But now we're supposed to think he is tempting EPL clubs after a handful of wins? Fortunately, no, I don't think so. We are heading in the right direction but all he has achieved so far is keeping us in this league for a couple of years and a second promising start. Pride comes before a fall.

I do think other Championship clubs may be looking on enviously for the moment. But I can't see why he would leave us for any of those right now (given his history etc) and I don't feel any Premier League struggler would be wise to risk him. That's a whole different ballgame.

So all in all it seem extremely unlikely he would be tempted away at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Poached? Your brain must be fried or scrambled!

I doubt it'll happen this season. When a club sacks someone mid-season they are either looking to proven stability or someone to get the team right back up next season.

Johnson covers none of those attributes. He might turn out to be a solid Championship manager, but even if he were courted by a club destined for relegation why would he turn them down for a team that might have just as good a chance at promotion?

You were guilty as many others were! 

SL brought him in, stuck by him, rightly ignored th JOs and will surely know the time to let a man go. He does done this many times in football and many times in business, more successfully than you or I can imagine. So, keep the faith with  the man up top and just continue to love what we have today and could have tomorrow. 

You are of course right.  Lee just has a lot going for him and already doing really well in less than 20 months at a club whose fans arguably don't deserve the success he can serve up. 

EPL clubs who could come knocking include Bomo, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle,  Stoke, Swansea but I fear the real threat comes from a foreign owner who just looks at Stats and responds to agents. The J family are footie - savvy enough to see a great deal for them personally when it is offered so we are already under threat, even from Championship clubs. 

However, as stated many times on this Forum, including back in Jan/ Feb, we should all place faith in SL- he hardly ever gets a call wrong! Therefore if Lj goes we'll get someone else better in his place,  however hard this would be to imagine today

CoYRs

If he keeps the current form up, at some point the 'this is my club' statement will be tested but we can't worry about that as it hasn't happened yet!

Something very good is going on at our club and LJ must know he's very secure. It would surely take a mind blowing amount of £££ for him to risk that, I should think and I'm pretty sure he's extremely well paid now!

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Leicester, Swansea, Bournemouth, Palace,  Reading, Birmingham, Sunderland, Bolton are all in degree of poop and would prob pay him more than us.

That's true in some cases (not Bolton, Sunderland and maybe not Reading) but LJ openly and publicly admits this is 'his club'. He would wreck any goodwill if he did walk away and would never be given the chance to come back, I should think.

I would hope he knows he's on to a good thing here and stays loyal and realises he won't get the time, he has had here, virtually anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Go on another bad run he could be toast.

I don't see LJ moving on until his business here is finished or the potential he sees here is realised.

Equally I'm struggling to see "another bad run". The circumstances at the moment are nowhere near where we were this time last season, or for many seasons before that.

I think we have the best possible set up at the moment to make a real difference. We've more than held our own against clubs that at the beginning of the season we'd have been in fear of.

Not scraping wins by an odd goal, but playing attractive, flowing football and justifiably winning.

Bollocks to all this premature nonsense and wait until we're 10 games in or at Christmas.

This looks like something really promising and exciting. And I think LJ will see it through ;)

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves just a little bit?

We're 11 games into the season - let's put some perspective on this

11 minutes ago, Xiled said:

We've won 5 league games this season.

#premature

What they said.  The whole subject is ridiculous ten mostly decent games in following on from an absolutely dreadful season.

I doubt Roman Abramovic is currently getting out his cheque book.

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If he keeps the current form up, at some point the 'this is my club' statement will be tested but we can't worry about that as it hasn't happened yet!

Something very good is going on at our club and LJ must know he's very secure. It would surely take a mind blowing amount of £££ for him to risk that, I should think and I'm pretty sure he's extremely well paid now!

I'm not even sure it's the money that would tempt him .

This must be one of the best jobs in football .

An owner who supports the club with his money and gives the coach more or less what he wants and a free hand to work .

A new stadium.

A huge potential for glory without the pressure that exists at former top clubs who think they should be doing better , Derby, Wolves , Sunderland for example .

A wonderful, good looking , intelligent fan base.

I could go on .

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

An owner who supports the club with his money and gives the coach more or less what he wants and a free hand to work .

A new stadium.

A huge potential for glory without the pressure that exists at former top clubs who think they should be doing better , Derby, Wolves , Sunderland for example .

I could go on .

Wonderful? Good looking? Intelligent?

**** me Major. You and me must be related ;)

Reckon we're the only ones mind ;)

He's ambitious but he's not stupid. If he looks at his career then he'll see that his strengths are building something over a period of years at a reasonably progressive and well set-up football club. He's not a Warnock, who can be parachuted into a poorly run club and turn it around inside a dozen games.

I believe he will go on and be successful, but it'll be at the right club after he's taken City as far as he's able. I don't think he needs or wants to manage Crystal Palace for 5 minutes to get a nice payoff and says he's managed in the big leagues.

I think he would be mad to leave BCFC where he has great support trom the top, money to spend, time to create a team and was looked after when everything looked so hopeless last season.

Another club may offer him better money, but he wouldn't last 12 months with most of them (not through any fault of his, I would add) and his reputation would then be trashed.

He has the opportunity to do something very special here and he will not be daft enough to throw it away for short term gain.

Whilst I thought he looked clueless during the bad run, I still hoped he would succeed, as I did when he was appointed.  Why would anyone ever want a City manager to fail?

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A new stadium.

I could go on .

His family also live locally. I always am amazed at how supporters forget that footballers with families are humans, and often like to live close to family, if possible.

Archived