IGNORED

Lambert Retires

Super

7 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Good luck: a Scouse / Gas combination is never going to appeal to me! 

Well, we finally agree on something!

To be fair to the man though, what a career after starting at the bottom. Lived the dream, despite playing for the Few and Cardiff

Edit - just spotted we have a 'Hampshire Red' and a 'Hampshire reds'. I was referring to the other fella with the 'agree' comment!

“I would like to thank the fans of all the clubs I have for but especially at Southampton where I enjoyed my best years as a football and had a special relationship with everyone connected to the club.”

No wonder things became a struggle, all those ‘kicks’ he must of taken over the years of being a FOOTBALL! Maybe that was just the way it felt while playing for the Blue Few?

And @Woodsy, no chance it could be the Father & Son link? Original thinking naming from your favourite Hampshire based City fans & tag team pairing? :rofl2br:

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

I guess he must be  in his late 30s. I liked him when he was at Southampton. A natural finisher and had he had pace he'd of been playing international football long before he did.

Huge respect for him, the way he came from the lower divisions and fought his way right to the top, scoring with almost his first touch in international football.  I know Jamie Vardy has also risen to the top from very humble origins, but I wonder how long it will be before anyone else manages it.  English players are so few and far between in the premiership that Southgate has to call up the virtually untested Harry Winks, who I think has only started four premiership games.  I'd have called up Korey Smith or Josh Brownhill! :clapping:

On 02/10/2017 at 12:51, Woodsy said:

Well, we finally agree on something!

To be fair to the man though, what a career after starting at the bottom. Lived the dream, despite playing for the Few and Cardiff

Edit - just spotted we have a 'Hampshire Red' and a 'Hampshire reds'. I was referring to the other fella with the 'agree' comment!

Come on, Hampshire folk...............let's have a bit of imagination on the user name front.  Personally, I'd have had to use some combination of City, Softy and Southern!  Too much noise from the swaying palm trees down your way, I find!!!   :whistle2:

Archived