IGNORED

How Much Would Kodjia Cost

Red

4 minutes ago, Red said:

No idea!

Wasn't the deal weighted on success at Villa, 11mil rising to 15mil or something?

As for what is he worth now... impossible to say, assuming that if he does get sold Villa will want a significant return on him I could see him being too costly for most clubs to consider.

21 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

It's possible that any sell on fee was renegotiated when we signed Baker, therefore we might not get what we on this forum think we will.

Baker for £2.5 M (if that is correct ?) is looking a steal.

I read (probably on here)that we signed Baker for £400k, but wrote off all/some of Kodjia’s after deals.  

At the time wasn’t one of them related to him getting 20 goals that he missed by 1 goal?

All speculation I’m afraid.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Baker was cheaper than reported.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I read (probably on here)that we signed Baker for £400k, but wrote off all/some of Kodjia’s after deals.  

At the time wasn’t one of them related to him getting 20 goals that he missed by 1 goal?

Stockhausen said it was £400k as they were desperate to get players off the wage bill for FFP purposes.  No mention of any write off as far as I recall.

Nobody wanted the players they wanted shot of (Richards and the like) so they were over a barrel. I wouldn't be surprised therefore.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair I'd class that as good business if it were true, can anyone see Villa getting more than 20m for him? £9m profit max, 20% being £1.8m from it as most likely. Getting Baker stands as the better deal as we can sell Baker too down the line for a greater amount. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

To be fair I'd class that as good business if it were true, can anyone see Villa getting more than 20m for him? £9m profit max, 20% being £1.8m from it as most likely. Getting Baker stands as the better deal as we can sell Baker too down the line for a greater amount. 

Would rather see Baker here for a long time than make a load of dosh from selling him.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Would rather see Baker here for a long time than make a load of dosh from selling him.

Same to an extent, if we're talking stupid money again (ala Kodjia) then you need to accept we will sell. 

To answer the question, for Villa to consider selling him, he'd probably have to go for at least £25m. If we didn't waive anything for Baker then that would mean a 10-14m profit and I'm assuming we get a % of that. 10% is 1-1.4m 25% is 2.5-3.5m. 

With his age and lack of any top flight experience, it's hard for me to see suitors at that price. Personally, I'm a believer in the guys talent. I think he could cut it for Everton and would give them what they need. I am also not the one who would have to shell out a large sum for him at 27-28 years old.  

14 hours ago, chinapig said:

Stockhausen said it was £400k as they were desperate to get players off the wage bill for FFP purposes.  No mention of any write off as far as I recall.

Nobody wanted the players they wanted shot of (Richards and the like) so they were over a barrel. I wouldn't be surprised therefore.

That doesn't really stack up though, does it..? 

They replaced Bakers wage with John Terry's!! 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That doesn't really stack up though, does it..? 

They replaced Bakers wage with John Terry's!! 

Except it was the other way around. Signing Terry on a reported £80k a week meant their financial situation got even worse.

The plan was to offload players they didn't want to cover the cost but since nobody wanted the likes of McCormack, Richards and Elphick given their big wages - not to mention the reputation of at least two of them - they had to move Baker out when they would rather have kept him.

Bruce certainly made it clear he didn't really want to sell Baker.

Archived