IGNORED

Lansdowns Millions (Merged)

wendyredredrobin

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can't be for investment direct in the team, be it fees or wages, owing to FFP.

Maybe it's for club infrastructure...or something else entirely, with nothing to do with us.

He's probably just widening his investments - most of his net worth is in HL, so a big concentration risk, that is a concern. It's inevitable with entrepreneurs but as he has retired he probably just has a strategy to reduce his percentage holding. Obviously that cant be done all at once as it would suggest a problem to the market, so he may have an agreement to control any reduction in his holding over time.

Or perhaps we're buying Neymar.

On 10/3/2017 at 08:21, Ivorguy said:

Surely just prudent planning in advance of the Brexit car crash

Isn't his partner a huge supporter of Brexit, pouring his own money into the campaign? I'd be surprised if two partners with a multibillion pound business would disagree on something this big, especially when it'll have such a big impact on their business?

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me, as my experiences of HL aren't that great.

13 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Isn't his partner a huge supporter of Brexit, pouring his own money into the campaign? I'd be surprised if two partners with a multibillion pound business would disagree on something this big, especially when it'll have such a big impact on their business?

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me, as my experiences of HL aren't that great.

Correct.

I believe Lansdown maybe relatively pro Brexit also but don't know for sure, as none of us surely can..

On 02/10/2017 at 18:30, wendyredredrobin said:

Read over the weekend that Steve has just sold £190 million of Hargreaves Lansdown shares. Whilst this is enough to buy Neymar, I doubt whether this money is destined for BCFC or Bristol Sport, more likely an investment into another financial firm/fund manager.

Any chance of some of it coming the way of BCFC do you think?

Need some cash or to SL loose change have a good weekend in West st with that

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There's definitely plans for a training ground simmering along - where I don't know 

I haven't been up the training ground since a reserves game a few years ago, and have never been inside the buildings but I thought he had pretty much top of the range facilities? What would be gain by moving? Closer to Ashton Gate?  I guess we could have an all weather surface, a covered area for spectators for these matches, floodlights perhaps but when does 'training ground' blur into being a stadium for the ladies, u23's etc? 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I haven't been up the training ground since a reserves game a few years ago, and have never been inside the buildings but I thought he had pretty much top of the range facilities? What would be gain by moving? Closer to Ashton Gate?  I guess we could have an all weather surface, a covered area for spectators for these matches, floodlights perhaps but when does 'training ground' blur into being a stadium for the ladies, u23's etc? 

From bits I've had suggested to me M - I think we could end up with something a bit special

Brighton spent £25 million on their state of art training ground and I wouldn't be surprised if we arnt aiming for something pretty good ;)

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I don;t think we own the site. We also need to push for cat 1 at some point. Most of the stuff can get moved into new purpose built buildings.

I reckon he's starting up Bristol Sport Space Tourist Industries - he wants to usurp Elon Musk, Richard Branson et al and be the first to send people to Mars.

This £190million is to fund his Space Research Centre being constructed underneath AV as we speak.

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I reckon he's starting up Bristol Sport Space Tourist Industries - he wants to usurp Elon Musk, Richard Branson et al and be the first to send people to Mars.

This £190million is to fund his Space Research Centre being constructed underneath AV as we speak.

Does he want to start another colony then?

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

On a serious note, wouldn't it be great if, ignoring the frivolities of football, he pumped all of that money into the NHS, or into funding for schools.

Not his job. We apparently have people dedicated to overseeing education and health services who have access to massive pots of money.

It's how they spend it that holds some of these services back.

If in doubt. Add another layer of middle management seems to be the school of thought. Forget frontline services, what we need is more six figure salaries in roles with no clear KPIs.

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

On a serious note, wouldn't it be great if, ignoring the frivolities of football, he pumped all of that money into the NHS, or into funding for schools.

sure why not - should cover the liability payouts for a few months. Then of course it;s gone, no one gets any benefit and there is no legacy.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Why would a Guernsey resident contribute to the British healthcare or education system? 

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I thought Elon Musk was a brand of pheromones you could buy mail order out of the News of the World supplement. 

Archived