IGNORED

Lee Johnson Facebook Q&A

BCFC Rich

31 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I would absolutely love Johnson and Lansdown to empty the war chest and sign Barry Bannan. To get promoted you need one or two players who are a class apart from anyone else in this league, and he is exactly that and the type of player we are lacking.

I don't know a great deal about him really, but looking at his stats, is he really all that..? 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3565/Barry-Bannan/stats

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Bristol Post Breaking News: Lee Johnson to bid for Barry Bannan, Daniel Johnson or Ben Pearson in January window :ph34r:

Barry Bannan is too Scottish & Daniel Johnson & Bed Pearson are too ugly, to fit into our squad. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't know a great deal about him really, but looking at his stats, is he really all that..? 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3565/Barry-Bannan/stats

Without turning this into an essay, yes he really is the real deal.

The stats you have above are from the Premier League where he was a young player for Aston Villa, he broke into the team on occasions but was very raw. He went on loan to Derby, who tried to sign him permanently in the summer, but Villa instead loaned him to Blackpool and that season he was deadly in their playoff winning year under Holloway, at times, him Vaughan and Adam carried them. Blackpool wanted him back on loan the following season, but Bannan opted for a move to Leeds but it didn't  work out and he had his loan cancelled and he returned to Villa where he broke into the first team and was one of their best players. The following season he played around 30 times for Villa being a key midfielder before a move to Palace in the summer. Things never worked for him at Palace and he was played out of position and in the end halfway through his second season, he joined Bolton on loan, Where again he was played on the wing, which really doesn't suit him as he is a box to box midfielder. That summer he requested to leave Palace and signed for Sheffield Wednesday where for the last 2 season's he has been their best player and he links up so much play, is everywhere on the pitch, and he has a killer pass, and a great strike from distance, and brilliant at set pieces. 

Without a shadow of doubt he is the best midfielder outside the Premier League and would walk into any team in the league and most Premier League teams outside the top 5/6. He's now 27 and at his peak and is probably the best player in the Scottish team. 

If we are gonna chuck 10m+ at a player, he would take us to a level many of us have never seen. If we signed him, without a shadow of doubt he would be the best player we've ever had. 

4 minutes ago, palmerred said:

The stats you have above are from the Premier League where he was a young player for Aston Villa, he broke into the team on occasions but was very raw. He went on loan to Derby, who tried to sign him permanently in the summer, but Villa instead loaned him to Blackpool and that season he was deadly in their playoff winning year under Holloway, at times, him Vaughan and Adam carried them. Blackpool wanted him back on loan the following season, but Bannan opted for a move to Leeds but it didn't  work out and he had his loan cancelled and he returned to Villa where he broke into the first team and was one of their best players. The following season he played around 30 times for Villa being a key midfielder before a move to Palace in the summer. Things never worked for him at Palace and he was played out of position and in the end halfway through his second season, he joined Bolton on loan, Where again he was played on the wing, which really doesn't suit him as he is a box to box midfielder. That summer he requested to leave Palace and signed for Sheffield Wednesday where for the last 2 season's he has been their best player and he links up so much play, is everywhere on the pitch, and he has a killer pass, and a great strike from distance, and brilliant at set pieces. 

Without a shadow of doubt he is the best midfielder outside the Premier League and would walk into any team in the league and most Premier League teams outside the top 5/6. He's now 27 and at his peak and is probably the best player in the Scottish team. 

If we are gonna chuck 10m+ at a player, he would take us to a level many of us have never seen. If we signed him, without a shadow of doubt he would be the best player we've ever had. 

Hi Barry

7 minutes ago, palmerred said:

So if that is true, why would Wednesday sell him? Surely they want promotion as well.

6 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

So if that is true, why would Wednesday sell him? Surely they want promotion as well.

They turned down 6m in the summer. Johnson identified him as the best player at another club. If we were top 3 in January and Johnson was given 10-15m to get the quality in the area we need strengthening to get us up, I feel he would chuck it at Wednesday, who if they were not looking as possible automatic promoters, would struggle to turn down, as I think Bannan wants to be playing in the top flight again (wasn't happy Wednesday turned down Hull) and if we were bang up there, he might see us as an option to get back into the top flight.

3 minutes ago, palmerred said:

They turned down 6m in the summer. Johnson identified him as the best player at another club. If we were top 3 in January and Johnson was given 10-15m to get the quality in the area we need strengthening to get us up, I feel he would chuck it at Wednesday, who if they were not looking as possible automatic promoters, would struggle to turn down, as I think Bannan wants to be playing in the top flight again (wasn't happy Wednesday turned down Hull) and if we were bang up there, he might see us as an option to get back into the top flight.

Thanks PR - was the 6m bid from us? Have any Premier League clubs been interested?

12 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Without a shadow of doubt he is the best midfielder outside the Premier League 

Ahem, Tom Cairney

If we signed him, without a shadow of doubt he would be the best player we've ever had. 

I'm guessing that you're not old enough to have watched Gerry Gow? Bannon is not fit to have laced his boots. Have a think about what you're saying ... he would be the best player we've ever had ... my arse.

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Thanks PR - was the 6m bid from us? Have any Premier League clubs been interested?

Hull publicly made a 6m offer for Bannan, he made it clear to Wednesday he would like to talk to Hull, Wednesday turned it down. Bannan being a total professional didn't sulk, and has remained a vital player at Wednesday. 

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks for your input, not just myself believe Bannan is the best player in the league. In the Q&A Johnson said it himself, alluding if he could sign any player in the league it would be him or Daniel Johnson. That suggests to me I am not alone in my opinion of Bannan.

You are correct I am far too young to remember Gerry Gow. I only started watching City in the late 80s, my first game we beat a team 4-0 in the old 4th division, although I was a bit young to remember it fully, but it was a game late in the season and my Dad took me and my brother. I want to say it was against Chesterfield or Walsall or someone like that but I can't remember. In my time I do think he would be a far better footballer than any I have seen live in the flesh and I reckon he would become a fans favourite, the same as he has at all bar Palace he has played for. 

Lloyd Kelly our highest potential player.

Would have gone on loan if it was the old system for a month or two, but because that can only happen with Conference and lower sides now he has been kept around to learn the system.

Plan is to reassess in January.

Challenge for Kelly is to be able to perform week in week out, but LJ trusts him for any one off game.

Archived