IGNORED

Lee Johnson Facebook Q&A

BCFC Rich

46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep so many moronic questions. I also enjoyed ‘If flint goes I go!!’ - felt sorry for Adam trying to find something workable from that crap.

Felt Lee was a bit on edge - he was actually more candid in the ‘silly’ questions - the answer about Fifa games was quite revealing I felt. @1bristolcity would’ve liked it.

It was light hearted never going to be a serious thing.

Thought it was interesting when asked about what former footballer he'd bring into the squad.

David Noble....and said we probably lacked having someone in the team that could 'unlock the door' like he could.

That maybe goes some way to understanding a little as to why LJ bought Tomlin.

With the type of football we now play...Tomlin or Noble wouldn't have fitted in...imo. Not enough work rate.

However...with other comments made in the interview, I think LJ may go after a midfielder in January, that has the Tomlin and Noble type eye, but with greater work ethic.

I can see a few Million £££££ having to be spent for that type of quality...and a few leaving the squad to fund it.

Just a hunch...or maybe hoping ;-)

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ok? I didn’t say it was.

The questions coming in from some watching fans were a bit inane and were clearly never going to be chosen to answer.

Yep. Mine about Cottage or Shepherd's pie wasn't asked. :angry:

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Did anyone ask if he would rather fight a horse sized duck, or 20 duck sized horses?

Ugh

Someone asked similar in the Facebook comments section. Would have gone with 1 duck sized Connor McGregor or 10 Connor McGregor sized ducks myself... ;)

22 hours ago, palmerred said:

Thanks for your input, not just myself believe Bannan is the best player in the league. In the Q&A Johnson said it himself, alluding if he could sign any player in the league it would be him or Daniel Johnson. That suggests to me I am not alone in my opinion of Bannan.

You are correct I am far too young to remember Gerry Gow. I only started watching City in the late 80s, my first game we beat a team 4-0 in the old 4th division, although I was a bit young to remember it fully, but it was a game late in the season and my Dad took me and my brother. I want to say it was against Chesterfield or Walsall or someone like that but I can't remember. In my time I do think he would be a far better footballer than any I have seen live in the flesh and I reckon he would become a fans favourite, the same as he has at all bar Palace he has played for. 

It does show that Johnson is aware of our main weakness when asked what player he would sign if he could sign anyone he named central midfielders. We are one quality centre midfielder away from true promotion contenders in my view.

8 hours ago, spudski said:

Thought it was interesting when asked about what former footballer he'd bring into the squad.

David Noble....and said we probably lacked having someone in the team that could 'unlock the door' like he could.

With the type of football we now play...Tomlin or Noble wouldn't have fitted in...imo. Not enough work rate.

However...with other comments made in the interview, I think LJ may go after a midfielder in January, that has the Tomlin and Noble type eye, but with greater work ethic.

I can see a few Million £££££ having to be spent for that type of quality...and a few leaving the squad to fund it.

Can none of them use a key?

On 03/10/2017 at 21:23, Carey 6 said:

Would love for us to sign Pearson & Johnson. 

Pearson is a horrible little bastard & we've not had one of those for years. 

Johnson is classy, I still can't believe Villa let him go for 50 grand. 

On 03/10/2017 at 21:25, JamesBCFC said:

Johnson was an incredible signing by PNE, especially at that price.

Their fans rave about him, he's a top midfielder.

If either of them went, it would be to the Premier League.

Hugill still the most likely of our assets to leave, as he's refusing to sign a new deal. We turned down £8m from Reading before the deadline in August.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

I think the perfect player for us of that type would be Conor Hourihane. Plays well in a two but also has the vision I think we perhaps sometimes lack in CM.

LJ made him captain at Barnsley didn't he? Surely some love there 

10 hours ago, super_scotty_murray said:

It does show that Johnson is aware of our main weakness when asked what player he would sign if he could sign anyone he named central midfielders. We are one quality centre midfielder away from true promotion contenders in my view.

Said this in the summer. I expect this is why we went in for Jordon Mutch on deadline day. It is the final piece 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Brownhill is our best bet alongside Smith or Pack. The lad can score goals and create chances. Smith and Pack together can't work each week. We saw that at Brentford. Over ran. 

Brownhill plays his best football alongside smith, and Smith looks more and more like the player who pulled the strings for Norwich. Central midfield is no longer a weakness, in fact its a strong point imho.  

18 hours ago, joeyb said:

I think the perfect player for us of that type would be Conor Hourihane. Plays well in a two but also has the vision I think we perhaps sometimes lack in CM.

LJ made him captain at Barnsley didn't he? Surely some love there 

I would carry Conor Hourihane down to Bristol on my back if it meant he would sign for us.

However, amongst all the bollocks regarding Barnsley players allegedly falling out with LJ before he left for us, it seems that CH may have been one that actually did. It was confirmed on here by a couple of their lads who come on here IIRC.

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Said this in the summer. I expect this is why we went in for Jordon Mutch on deadline day. It is the final piece 

It is our weakest area however only because all the other previously "weak" areas were strengthened during the window, I'm sure if you offered Pack, SMith or Brownhill to most Championship clubs they would have them!

If we are up near the top 6 in January I would really love to see SL chuck some big money at it, I'm sure not doing it 10 years ago when in a similar position is his biggest regret  to date as these chances don't come around too often!

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:27, TMWANG50 said:

Well Adam couldn't shut him up when he asked my cheese question - apparently his father in law is a big cheese.

I wasn't the first to do cheese in football Q&A's, found this all time favorite

Interviewer: "What's your favourite kind of cheese?"  Steven Gerrard: "Melted cheese, I dunno"

Archived